Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

Blackstone Flat-Bottom V Thread

Sorry for the lack of information guys. I am going to try to get the dealers as OTG said to go on facebook who are doing it. This is so new that most LHS will not have a clue about it. If the store has a blackstone they could retrofit the machine to be able to do it. The other way would be to check out the x series machines they have the ability to do it as well. Have some patience. We can't seem to keep this in stock so it is frustrating for us as well.

I'm not sure. I am trying to come up weth a list however it is proving to be quite dificult. Try Bob at No Icing, he is doing it.No Icing

Yep, bought replacement runners and had Bob do them. I will do the sharpen by mail til I get my machine in the spring. Still deciding if I should get the big or little one.

Something tells me you were a bad boy and are not allowed across the boarder.....LOL Oakville isnt that far away? its only and hour and 10 minutes from Buffalo.......Bob is good but if you feel like going for a drive Oakville National can do them for you.

2 hours 20 minutes round trip, plus some time to sharpen skates is a bit of a hassle, not to mention the gas burned on that drive. I'd be mailing them too in his position.

Are you saying Canada isnt a nice place to visit???? Thats not nice......LOL

Not this time of year, mostly because I'm a wimp. The older I get, the warmer I want it to be. In this case though, it's more cost effective to mail them out and saves a lot of time.

Tried the FBV and all I can say is WOW! I had the 100/75 and it did feel a little sharper than 3/8" at first, but that might be because I hadn't had my skates done in a while. That, or the type of edge felt just a little different, not a problem as I got used to it in about 5 minutes. I agree with everyone's comments about the glide, and will add another point. It feels like ruts and imperfections in the ice are not as noticeable with the FBV. I think by having more friction with a traditional hollow at 3/8", you really feel all of those ruts and imperfection more. With FBV you sort of coast over them. Did anyone else notice that? Oh yeah, scored a hat trick in my first game using the FBV, so it has to be good, right?

LOL......I wish I had the same luck, I have more energy, however it has not improved my hands. Maybe a glove manufacturer can come up with something to help out with that.

I am allowed into Canada! My wife works for US Immigration, so I feel safer about it than the rest of the border crossers do.

Oh so its her fault I couldnt get a work visa.......LOL

PM me if I can help!

I just got off the ice after my first skate on FBV blades. I had Bob at No Icing do them to what Bob says equates to roughly a 2" glide and 5/8 bite.

I am really impressed. Excellent glide and then you roll into a turn and "boom" you just stick. I seriously could not get an edge to lose grip (and I was trying to at the end of the session) and was pulling off ridiculous turns even after the ice degraded badly. JR has it right...crunch crunch crunch as you power through a turn and then "bam" you are gliding far better than any 5/8ths regular grind I have ever had. The poor ice surface did not even phase me one bit - the blades just dug in and gripped like crazy but only when I needed it.

Took about 10 minutes to get used to the feeling so transferring over is not a big deal. Stopping was actually more "positive" than with my old grind. Huge confidence increase. I honestly feel like I have never skated better. I told Bob - its the Holy Grail of Sharpening.

I'm stoked off my gourd and will not go back to a regular grind again.

Tried the FBV and all I can say is WOW! I had the 100/75 and it did feel a little sharper than 3/8" at first, but that might be because I hadn't had my skates done in a while. That, or the type of edge felt just a little different, not a problem as I got used to it in about 5 minutes. I agree with everyone's comments about the glide, and will add another point. It feels like ruts and imperfections in the ice are not as noticeable with the FBV. I think by having more friction with a traditional hollow at 3/8", you really feel all of those ruts and imperfection more. With FBV you sort of coast over them. Did anyone else notice that? Oh yeah, scored a hat trick in my first game using the FBV, so it has to be good, right?

For me I think mine is a combination of my new profile and the FBV. I had my 1st real game the other night and got 2 goals on breakaways and an assist. I missed the hat trick by about an inch as I clanked a backhander off the post. I've been really sucking so far this season so I'm saying it's the extra speed and balance that I now have.

I'm beating people I couldn't before. I love it!!

I don't post here much but I'm really excited. On tuesday I'm gonna drop by the National sports in london and hopefully get a heel lift as well as

sharpen my skates with FBV. I can't wait to try it out!

I don't post here much but I'm really excited. On tuesday I'm gonna drop by the National sports in london and hopefully get a heel lift as well as

sharpen my skates with FBV. I can't wait to try it out!

Anyone finding the 90/75 not holding the edge after a couple skates? Mine did for like 8 outings but I am hearing of others only getting a couple games......but they liked it???

It could be a variety of different things going on. Remember on the 90/75 There is only 3/4 of a thousands of an inch going down into the ice. (3/4 of a third of your hair) That is not a lot. A suggestion is to have a hand hone in your bag and keen the edges before you go out. A lot of times people just want that feel of the new sharpening especially when they enjoy the initially sharpening on the fbv. There are a variety of different FBV's that you can get we have primarily only been talking about 2. You can get cuts that are deeper in the ice.

I got the FBV with 5/8" edges from Jimmy done by mail. Normally I skate on 3/4" hollow. I was amazed when I skated on them the 1st time last night. Basically one push and you just glide across the ice. The feeling is just smooth and effortless. I'll definitely be sticking with this and the crappy sharpeners in my area just lost my business.

So what I am hearing from you guys is....I should have more of my stores with the FBV sharpening?? Who is on the GTA or Ontario???

I can do

London

Barrie

Brampton

Markham (has it already)

Concord (has it already)

Oakville (has it already)

Mississauga (Dundas Location)

Cambridge (coming in Feb)

Whitby (coming in Feb)

And possibly more next year....

Hands up if you want it??

Living in Whitby OTB, looking forward to trying this FBV. My son won't let anyone but Dave at Pro Cut touch his skates-is I convince him to try it we'll take a drive to Markham. The Shwa store isn't listed/....I run ice there weekly.

I got the FBV with 5/8" edges from Jimmy done by mail. Normally I skate on 3/4" hollow. I was amazed when I skated on them the 1st time last night. Basically one push and you just glide across the ice. The feeling is just smooth and effortless. I'll definitely be sticking with this and the crappy sharpeners in my area just lost my business.

So what I am hearing from you guys is....I should have more of my stores with the FBV sharpening?? Who is on the GTA or Ontario???

I can do

London

Barrie

Brampton

Markham (has it already)

Concord (has it already)

Oakville (has it already)

Mississauga (Dundas Location)

Cambridge (coming in Feb)

Whitby (coming in Feb)

And possibly more next year....

Hands up if you want it??

Living in Whitby OTB, looking forward to trying this FBV. My son won't let anyone but Dave at Pro Cut touch his skates-is I convince him to try it we'll take a drive to Markham. The Shwa store isn't listed/....I run ice there weekly.

Well Oshawa wouldnt be getting it unless I find a great deal on a machine somewhere. As for driving to Markham I am sorry about that but ask for Dan, Tim, Joel, Oscar. They are all highly proficient at Sharpening and will do the 100/75 and I will bet he wont want to go back to anything else after that. In fact I have a stack of 10 free ones says so.

Not just the guys doing the job but the fact that this sharpening is just that much better than anyone else can do unless you have this machine.

for any that don't believe being its a box store and all I would say call Glen Sharpley in Haliburton. Former NHL player that has his own shop. If that doesnt convince you nothing will. Quote " I used to skate for an hou take shifts like everyone else. First time with this I was on for the whole hour........and no I mean I never came off I wasnt tired and I am 54." (he may be 53 I cant remember the age exactly).

I got the new sharpening at National Sports in Concord, and I skated on them last night. I definitely noticed a difference.... it seemed like I was carrying speed much more easily without added effort. Sort of like being ten pounds lighter (now only 40 more to go!)

Anyway, I don't think I could go back to a regular sharp after playing on this one.

I got the new sharpening at National Sports in Concord, and I skated on them last night. I definitely noticed a difference.... it seemed like I was carrying speed much more easily without added effort. Sort of like being ten pounds lighter (now only 40 more to go!)

Anyway, I don't think I could go back to a regular sharp after playing on this one.

Awesome to hear keep us updated on anything as you get used to it!

Looks like I'll be trying out the FBV shortly here in St. Louis. Unfortunately it looks like they only have the FBV spinner equivalent to a 3/8 for depth. Hopefully they'll order another shortly so I can push the product!

Hopefully soon from the blues. . . . But I guess the only guys skating on FBV right now is Alex Steen? and hes on the 3/8ths equivalent. . . I guess a few more are going to be on order soon, then we'll be trying it out. I don't know what I'm going to do after I skate on it. . . then won't be able to get it sharpened like that again. . . I guess I'll deal with that in due time. . .

Bert will have more than just the 100/75, ask him if he has the 90/75 it feels more like a 7/8, I like the 100/75 you get crazy bite and great glide.

Bert will have more than just the 100/75, ask him if he has the 90/75 it feels more like a 7/8, I like the 100/75 you get crazy bite and great glide.

That's what I figured. . . My buddy talks to bert, not me. . . . so he must not be getting the info right. I can't believe only steen is skating on it though, thats shocking.

I thought 90/75 was comparable to 5/8th

I can believe it, players do not like to change anything unless they have some down time. So Bert will probably wait until they have a longer period between home and away games, than slowly start to start players on it. Think about how long it takes for a player to change a stick. The great thing about this is when they do go ahead and try the fbv they usually notice a big enough difference and welcome the change. Reportedly Marleau from San Jose has had his skates in line to have the fbv put on and backed out because he just was not sure about it. Happy to say its not just NHL guys that do this. When we were at the MSH annual hockey game and offering to sharpen skates with the fbv, about 50% of the skaters declined to have it done. When some were asked why, the main reason was they did no if they would like it. People were driving in and flying in and did not want to take a chance. Those people are usually the people that wait until it is a proven item. What is cool is how much difference this makes and it is great to be apart of something new and that helps someone in a sport that i really like. I worked with steen when he was in Toronto, that is why he is using it.

Any chance you can explain what the numbers in the 100/75 and 90/75 represent without divulging trade secrets?

No trade secrets, its pretty simple. The 90 represents the amount of flat that is on the blade and the 75 would represent the depth the the edge is going down into the ice.

I thought 90/75 was comparable to 5/8th

Oops. You are right I did not realize I hit the wrong button.