Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbyun04

Alexei Cherepanov passes away

geez that picture creeps me out even more than the video did..

its just a crappy situation for everyone that is involved - hopefully the russian rinks will get their **** together and make sure this kind of accident never happens again in the future

geez that picture creeps me out even more than the video did..

its just a crappy situation for everyone that is involved - hopefully the russian rinks will get their **** together and make sure this kind of accident never happens again in the future

Every rink in North America should take this as a lesson and have proper medical available.

I only saw a brief shot of the Funeral, but it looked like a State Funeral, like politicians get....hundreds of people lined up to walk by the casket/memorial.

[EDIT] I didn't want to over exaggerate and say thousands of people...but after reading a few reports....there could have been up to 10,000 people through the memorial.

Omsk will retire his #7 on Monday when they resume their schedule...and the KHL is considering calling their R.O.Y trophy the "Alexei Cherepanov Award"

That is cool.

Omsk will retire his #7 on Monday when they resume their schedule...and the KHL is considering calling their R.O.Y trophy the "Alexei Cherepanov Award"

That is cool.

Fitting tributes.

Do the Rangers get any sort of compensation. I've wanted to ask for a while but I wanted to let time pass before I ask. Alexei was a 1st Rounder, shouldn't the KHL be responsible for him.

Do the Rangers get any sort of compensation. I've wanted to ask for a while but I wanted to let time pass before I ask. Alexei was a 1st Rounder, shouldn't the KHL be responsible for him.

Nope.

I believe there was a moment of silence at MSG before the Rangers game as his death happened earlier in the day that the Rangers were playing at home.

there was an intresting artice on doping and other drugs in KHL on an finnish ice-hockey publication, where finnish players tell their comments and experiences about russian culture. it seems that its 'a bit' more liberal there :)

Can you please post a link to the article you are speaking about?

there was an intresting artice on doping and other drugs in KHL on an finnish ice-hockey publication, where finnish players tell their comments and experiences about russian culture. it seems that its 'a bit' more liberal there :)

Did anyone else catch that Slats is petitioning the league to get a compensatory pick in the upcoming draft because of Alexei? Maybe the Leafs should get one for Luca Cereda, the Canucks for Luc Bourdon, or the Lightning for David Carle.

The Rangers are asking for a 2nd rd compensitory pick because the CBA mandates that if a team can't sign their first rd pick. As a Ranger fan I hope the Rangers get the pick. It wasn't their fault they couldn't sign him. Plus he died on the KHL's watch. Not on the Rangers.

In addition, this may begin to happend more oftern if first rd picks start going to russia.

It's sad that this happened to such a young player

I don't know the rules over in Europe, but was an autopsy ever done? When this happened, the first thing I thought of was an enlarged heart (Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy aka HOCM). This can be difficult to discover on physical exam and EKG may not pick this up. Gold standard for diagnosis is an echocardiogram (ultrasound to see chambers of the heart). Also, if he had a family history of this, he should have got an echo. If not, his siblings should all be getting one now.

The other possibility is blunt trauma to the chest causing an irregular rhythm (like V. Fib for my medical readers). If the heart was hit with major force in a fraction of a second before the T-wave begins, this can cause the heart to go into V.Fib (I think this is how cardiologists test internal defibrillators during surgical placement). Studies have shown that survival is possible if advanced cardiac life support is started within minutes.

(I'm a family physician and team doc for a local university hockey team)

The Rangers are asking for a 2nd rd compensitory pick because the CBA mandates that if a team can't sign their first rd pick. As a Ranger fan I hope the Rangers get the pick. It wasn't their fault they couldn't sign him. Plus he died on the KHL's watch. Not on the Rangers.

In addition, this may begin to happend more oftern if first rd picks start going to russia.

The draft is in June. Its classless to go about it this soon.

My thoughts exactly, it may sound silly but it doesn't bode well with me that they're cutting ties with the player now he's dead and rejecting his NHL rights in exchange for someone elses. Maybe I'm being over sensitive but thats just my opinion.

I agree with kosy, if they're seeking, or entitled to, compensation then this was entirely not the way to go about it.