Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

litespeed27

GRAF 703's and 735's

I have the 735's in a wide 71/2. No quality issues whatsoever after about five months of use. In fact apart from a small ding in the Cobra holder they look like their brand new on the store shelf. They are tanks because I've played some pretty rough and brutal hockey since I got them and there is no indication these skates are going to have any durability issues whatsoever. Had a pair of 703's a few years back and they held up pretty good as well. Onlu reason I ditched them because I was having problems adjusting to the aggressive forward contour. Won't repeat that mistake again because I find these are awesome skates for quality and on ice performance. Nowhere near as flashy as some of the latest Easton and Nike/Bauer offerings but I can guarantee they'll outlast a majority of them.

I've seen that with a lot of the graf skates that come through our store with that new outsole. I don't understand how graf doesn't notice this as a problem, especially after the debacle that occurred with the entire g-series they put out. Another major problem i've seen is misaligned holders, and i mean really out of line.

Can you elaborate on the g series problems. I went in today to look at some ccm vector 06 /08's, and ended up getting a pair of graf supra g5's, in narrow. I tried on a bunch of skates, and these fit me best, and they were on sale as I don't think these are made anymore. The quality control seems pretty good, although there is a little bit of difference in the allignment of the holders I think. I haven't skated on them yet.

just do a search. . . there should be a huge thread about the g-series outsole and seperation from the boot.

I have the 735's in a wide 71/2. No quality issues whatsoever after about five months of use. In fact apart from a small ding in the Cobra holder they look like their brand new on the store shelf. They are tanks because I've played some pretty rough and brutal hockey since I got them and there is no indication these skates are going to have any durability issues whatsoever. Had a pair of 703's a few years back and they held up pretty good as well. Onlu reason I ditched them because I was having problems adjusting to the aggressive forward contour. Won't repeat that mistake again because I find these are awesome skates for quality and on ice performance. Nowhere near as flashy as some of the latest Easton and Nike/Bauer offerings but I can guarantee they'll outlast a majority of them.

i would have to agree with duch here. i was in the same boat, i wore 703's for the longest time and finally had to ditch them because the boot wasnt deep enough for me. they held up great. my 735's i am in are a 6.5 wide with custom plus' on them show no wear or tear, still look like new apart from a few puck marks and i have been in them for since march 08.

Nowhere near as flashy as some of the latest Easton and Nike/Bauer offerings but I can guarantee they'll outlast a majority of them.

i would have to agree, just got another pair of 703's, would've like the flashier and cooler looking black carbon/plastic outsole, but had to got with the best fitting skate for my feet. no other skate fits my super narrow feet as well as the 703's. i could've gotten away with ther reg. width, but the narrow now fits like they were made for me.

I'm not sure if you can order directly through Graf in Europe, but if it makes you feel any better, I was in a store that is a "Graf authorized dealer" recently and I asked them about the customer service issues with customs. The person who I was working with assured me that the Graf rep he dealt with was very professional and that he hadn't had any problems. He actually mentioned that he had had more problems with his Bauer custom orders lately. Remember, his store is pushing Graf's hard, so he may have his reasons for steering me one way or another.

Based on what I've read, it sounds like the Graf Canada customer services issues happened several years ago and things may be looking better. The history still makes me a bit hesitant to place an order, though.

I'm almost positive their customer service has improved. I just received my new 735's from Graf Canada and it only took 3 days. That included being shipped from Canada to the US. I was shocked when I got the call letting me know they were in. Best looking and feeling skate I have ever owned! I'm not a huge fan of all the flashy looking skates coming out lately.

Good to hear nickgray. I'm looking at some 705s...either that or some new bauers x60s. Totally difference skates, so I'm trying to decide what's best for me. Hopefully I have a good experience as well if I go with Graf.

+1 for improvements at Graf!!

Hi -

I am new to this forum. I saw this thread when I was looking for new skates. Well I have to say that I think Graf has made tremendous strides in their customer service this thread is a few years old. The date of this post is March 7, 2010.

My special order pair came in with the wrong blades. I wanted T Blades and they shipped Cobra's (an understandable mistake as they sell a lot more Cobra's and shipped a regular stock 9W pair from inventory instead of a custom pair 9W w/Tblades. Upon notification of the error they overnighted a replacement pair in the correct configuration. I am a satisfied Graf owner! Do not let this thread color your chances of buying a great product if it fits your foot. Things at Graf have changed! Great product and great service!

Cheers

Over40Dman

I know this is bordering on sacrilege, but I don't understand the cult-like following for Graf skates.

I can see if it's a fit/comfort issue because they do make a great traditional style boot, but so did CCM,

which were my first skates. CCM has tried to keep up with the new technology, which, in my opinion, has

not been all good.

However, Graf has been putting out essentially the same skate for decades; whereas,

Bauer has been putting out an innovative skate almost every two years. Even when Graf put out a carbon outsole,

it just seems like they used a clear plastic outsole with a thin, superficial, carbon weave-looking veneer.

To me, it's like stick technology, but hardly anyone prefers a high-end wooden stick over a carbon/graphite OPS.

I know this is bordering on sacrilege, but I don't understand the cult-like following for Graf skates.

I can see if it's a fit/comfort issue because they do make a great traditional style boot, but so did CCM,

which were my first skates. CCM has tried to keep up with the new technology, which, in my opinion, has

not been all good.

However, Graf has been putting out essentially the same skate for decades; whereas,

Bauer has been putting out an innovative skate almost every two years. Even when Graf put out a carbon outsole,

it just seems like they used a clear plastic outsole with a thin, superficial, carbon weave-looking veneer.

To me, it's like stick technology, but hardly anyone prefers a high-end wooden stick over a carbon/graphite OPS.

Because many of us that like the Graf skates prefer comfort, fit, and a skaters boot instead of being a slave to the latest and greatest marketing gimmick.... We don't care what "fill in the name of whatever pro you like" is wearing, we know what WE LIKE. IMHO..... The new technology has made the boots stiffer and lighter but at the expense of comfort.... and if you've never had a good pair of high end stitched boots that were well broken in then you have no idea what I'm talking about.

Because many of us that like the Graf skates prefer comfort, fit, and a skaters boot instead of being a slave to the latest and greatest marketing gimmick.... We don't care what "fill in the name of whatever pro you like" is wearing, we know what WE LIKE. IMHO..... The new technology has made the boots stiffer and lighter but at the expense of comfort.... and if you've never had a good pair of high end stitched boots that were well broken in then you have no idea what I'm talking about.

Couldn't have agreed more. I had a pair of grafs 503 for a year and half. As my foot outgrew the skates, over the years I have owned the "new skates" and in my opinion grafs had the best fit out of all of them. Oh how I grief for a new pair of grafs time to start working on that summer job. :P