Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ironic_chef

Equipment Storage

im going to be the rookie and ask how to embed pics in a reply, if they arent a website, and just on my desktop.. :D

thanks, it does the trick, plus i play for 3 teams, almost consecutively, so it helps drying out my gear

My quick dry rack..I also made up a small portable two pronged unit for skates/gloves when at tourneys.

Neat!

^wonder if anybody walks by at night and thinks a person is staring at them lol

lol, not a whole lot of people walk by..Amish tend to roll by quite often though.

^ is that a hair dryer stuck in the middle? Brilliant!

Yeah..I use the Cool button that I zip tied to keep it pressed in so I don't over heat the skates. Usually takes about 10-15 minutes max.

lol, not a whole lot of people walk by..Amish tend to roll by quite often though.

Yeah..I use the Cool button that I zip tied to keep it pressed in so I don't over heat the skates. Usually takes about 10-15 minutes max.

that is one sick setup. i have a whole bunch of pvc piping and connectors, i should look into that. i would also find a way to use my shock doctor blower into that setup, so i dont always have to load and unload my shock doctor bag after every game, as i only use the blower and shock docotr blower bag at home and use a different bag carry my equip. to the rink.

yeah, I way overbought on the PVC..I might make a couple more this summer and sell em..and maybe make something for my goal gear too.

I just a Hockey Tree to dry my gear.

http://www.discounthockey.com/hotreqdrra.html

To keep bacteria and smell at bay, I use the Shutout Athletic Spray.

http://www.shutoutsolutions.com/

Together they work like a charm and my gear doesn't stink and is hygenic.

Man I've been throwing my stuff on the back porch for years, I took a look at the hockey tree and it looks like a way better ventilation system. I'll have to try this Athletic Spray you speak of as well. I'll try almost anything to get rid of the smells coming from my hockey gear!!

Finally getting settled into the new house. Was able to take over one of the walls in my basement. Looks like a damn dungeon since the jackass that I bought it from tried painting the field stone foundation, so now all the paint is chipping off. Anyways, dehumidifier keeps the basement nice and dry. So far so good other than some of the water that made it in from Irene...

(excuse the poor Photoshop skills...)

img0797au.jpg

i've got a full sized, 6' tall locker from Pro Hockey Life in Vaughn

very good buy for 99 bucks

has a lift up seat

4 hooks and a stick rack and more hooks on the side panels

holes in compartment for ventilation

very well designed and works very well

just thought i'd throw that in there

I see u got it a while ago...but can u post a link for it?

I'm in a small apartment in Florida. Not too bad except during the summer... the thick humidity keeps everything from drying quickly. Not properly drying gear out in a sub-tropical climate is absolutely not an option, but it doesn't have to be fancy either.

I have two closets. One is where wet gear goes to hang separated for drying. I got a big, quiet fan for this, and in the winter it only needs to be there for an hour. After it's dry, it goes into the "clean" closet where it's all organized and easy to find/pack on tool hooks, nice wood clothes hangers, and shelves. I'd post pictures, but trust me, none of it is interesting or something you can't see with the mind's eye.

The humidity being what it is here, I make sure to launder shin and elbow liners, skate socks, base layers (needed to keep pants and shoulders dry), jock shorts, jerseys, and all that pretty stuff much every skate without fail. It's a little obsessive-compulsive, I really don't have a choice in this climate. Just a few days of wet gear in a bag down here allows mold and bacteria pretty much permanent residence. At that point you'd be better off wearing a toilet seat.