Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

2008-2009 IIHF World Jr. Championships

It looks like playing lacrosse has certainly help John's hand-eye co-ordination!!!!

Not sure if you watched all the videos...but he says that in one of them...

It looks like playing lacrosse has certainly help John's hand-eye co-ordination!!!!

Not sure if you watched all the videos...but he says that in one of them...

I actually hadn't seen the video!

I was practicing one Tuesday at the Hershey Centre and Team Sweden was practicing before us! Unfortunately only about 5 guys were still on shooting pucks around, Hedman and others had gone off the ice already.

I was sitting right above and behind the Slovak goal for that one and couldn't believe my eyes. The place went nuts.

I picked the right year to leave town for Christmas. I'll be back just in time for the tournament to be over when I get there.

I was practicing one Tuesday at the Hershey Centre and Team Sweden was practicing before us! Unfortunately only about 5 guys were still on shooting pucks around, Hedman and others had gone off the ice already.

They were practicing at Tomken Arena in Mississauga after I refereed a game...wow, those kids are skilled.

TSN had online streaming last year, I don't know if they are doing it again this year. And what tavares goal are you talking about? He's had like 6 since the start of pre-tournament.

TSN is indeed streaming some (though it seems not all) of the games. Go to watch.tsn.ca and look for "Live on TSN.ca" on the left-side menu. It's pretty well-hidden. I watched the Canada-Czech game there, but I don't know if they showed US-Germany or Latvia-Russia, or how they dealt with the overlap between those two games.

Does anyone know whether they are playing the tournament on NHL of International sized ice sheets? Just looking at where the games are scheduled. I know Scotiabank place is an NHL sized surface (unless they found a way to retrofit it, which I doubt), but are they playing in any other buildings with and International sized sheet?

Thanks

TSN is indeed streaming some (though it seems not all) of the games. Go to watch.tsn.ca and look for "Live on TSN.ca" on the left-side menu. It's pretty well-hidden. I watched the Canada-Czech game there, but I don't know if they showed US-Germany or Latvia-Russia, or how they dealt with the overlap between those two games.

Thanks for that! Parents canceled the sports package for the TV since I moved out, so I've gone without hockey for most of the Christmas break! :(

some of these games are ridiculous, I have to agree with the TSN boys that the goal differential rule must be changed and/or it needs to lose some teams or make 2 divisions or something. The teams don't want to run up the score but they dont have much of a choice, all they can do is try and play around with lines which may not be a good thing when the games start to count.

some of these games are ridiculous, I have to agree with the TSN boys that the goal differential rule must be changed and/or it needs to lose some teams or make 2 divisions or something. The teams don't want to run up the score but they dont have much of a choice, all they can do is try and play around with lines which may not be a good thing when the games start to count.

At about 5 or 6 the Canadian kids just totally stopped celebrating...I saw up to 9-0. I can imagine by 10-12, 15 etc...they probably looked almost embarrassed to STILL be scoring.

Yeah, they need to change the rule...or make it a much lower factor in the tie break...so it isn't AS important to keep scoring.

[EDIT]: As always...Bobby Mac has an idea: ---> http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/bob_mckenzie/?id=2...lated_world_jrs

Pierre McGuire (douchecanoe) commentary makes these games unbearable to watch...

His style may be grating...but I've never seen anyone who loves the tournament more then Pierre.

I like Pierres enthusiasm, and the fact that he has a comment on just about any player...but I agree, in a game like yesterday it's sometimes overdone, disecting a play on a goal that makes the game 12-0, at that point theres not much to commentate on.