Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Squirrel

Black Vector?

True. Price point is on the high side but if you can get a deal on them its worth it. Pro return ones tend to run in the 75 - 100 range.

From what I understand that's about what retail should cost.

this if probably of topic, and if it is you can delete. I was on the ccm site and saw a vector 80 2753.jpg like that i s that a mix between the 110 and 120 or what?

i don't know if i'm just seeing things, but i noticed it during the game. are vinny's vector skates unusually darker than normal? probably nothing, but i thought i'd point it out.

http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/F...21_1024x768.jpg

and i don't know why so many bash the vector ops. i really don't like using ops, but the vector always seemed to have the best feel to me. that, and they are built like tanks.

I thought Iggys looked darker too. Maybe those are the Vector Pro's while the others are the new Vector (insert number) series? I'm not really familiar with the Vector skate line. I also really liked my Vector, never had problems with the blade and it was a tank. The shaft was a little slick, but some goo grip got rid of that.

The blade on Doan's stick looks different though than the blade on the usual 120's I think. It looks more like a normal composite blade like on the Synergy or Response.

Kinda of topic but ...

I dont know why people have been slaming the Vector for so long. Is it as responsive as a Synergy or XN10??? ... No. But using one for the first time a few weeks ago I have to say its actually a nice stick.

I think the biggest issue may be the slickness of the shaft itself. I am using a Grip Gratton right now and love it. Yes the puck is a bit bouncy off the blade but you can adapt easy to that. The stick launches rockets and its well balanced (compareed to wood anyhow).

In short this stick is not nearly as bad as some guys make it out to be.

I agree, I think there nice sticks, and the most durable stick I`ve ever used. Had mine for 3 years using it off and on, and it`s still solid as ever. The thing does launch rockets adn is fairly balanced, and it`s a beast.

The blade on Doan's stick looks different though than the blade on the usual 120's I think. It looks more like a normal composite blade like on the Synergy or Response.

Its pro stock. He can have whatever blade he wants on his stick.

I shot hard and the stick lasted, however I couldn't deal with the torquing of the shaft.

You sure it wasn't the blade? That thing flexes like a mofo after a few weeks.

That is the same blade on the V120, and no, Stix, Vectors are made differently from other OPSs, so there's no choice of blade.

oooo really? I coulda sworn I've seen some pros before with vectors but it had like a synergy blade. Maybe they were just spray painted black?

i don't know if i'm just seeing things, but i noticed it during the game. are vinny's vector skates unusually darker than normal? probably nothing, but i thought i'd point it out.

http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/F...21_1024x768.jpg

and i don't know why so many bash the vector ops. i really don't like using ops, but the vector always seemed to have the best feel to me. that, and they are built like tanks.

Lecavlier's skates are definitely darker, check out this picture...

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/CF...=51291157&cdi=0

The V120 has a pretty nice balance--surprisingly--but whenever I used it on ice I couldn't help but feel like I was using a roller hockey stick. Probably due to the blade. And personally, I am embaressed and ashamed for the engineers at CCM who have the balls to wrap their best, top-of-the-line product in a freaking four- foot-long sticker. It's disgusting and appaulling to me to spend that much money and have so little effort go into the final product. It's like buying a brand new corvette and finding out the emblems peel off!