Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Squirrel

Black Vector?

hi

just wondering, i reckon i saw lecavalier using a black vector in the game against russia. could just me being outdated but is it new?

thanks alot

Thornton used it in the regular season, pro stock, was made a couple years ago, right when vectors first came out.

Thornton used black ccm heat shafts with matching blades. Then when the vector came out, he had the heat shafts in the vector blue.

If i find the pics, i'll put them up.

still his shaft with the wood blade "fused." i wouldnt be surprised if it was just a painted over ultra light that was his shaft forever before he started with these. theyre really stiff too. a few other guys used a similar stick this year bergeron for one, altho he recently change to a real vector.

For what ever its worth I have a Thornton CCM heat shaft/blade combo. The shaft is not an ultra lite but more like the Koho Bullet shaft though not as slippery. The blade is a simple CCM hybrid.

I dont know about any possible black CCM Vector that he may have been using.

You probally saw one of those wood vector sticks, they have them at my LHS. Theyre just a wood stick that says vector, all black and has some surround grip thing on it.

i was just on the ccm website looking at the wooden sticks and i dont think it was the black one you described (V50 i think) because the one he (lecavalier) was using was glossy black all down the fuse point. it looked exactaly the same as a V120c except it was black. the whole thing was black except for the CCM logos.

Last night Modano was using a dark-blue, possibly black CCM. I paused my Tivo a few times when he was on the bench, but I could only see the top of the shaft. Perhaps this is CCM's answer to the Stealth? Hopefully if it is they won't wrap the whole stick in a sticker, again.

If you go to http://editorial.gettyimages.com, there is one picture from last night with Modano celebrating that shows a bit of the CCM stick he was using.

There is also a picture of Modano taking Ovechkin down that shows a bit of the CCM stick.

All the other Modano pics from last night showed him using the chrome Synergy.

If you search on Lecavalier it will show that he was using a standard V120 C early in the tournament and a black and red OPS later in the tournament.

I wonder if CCM got him a "Team Canada" version of the V120 ala the team issue Stealths?

Also, one picture from the first Russia-US game with Modano had a nice shot of Sergei Samsonov using a Bauer XXX OPS.

i was watchin the canada-slovak game last night and noticed lecalvier using a black vector. i'm gonna say its a v120 becuz of the way vector was writtin on the stick (in orange letters like the v120). i'm gonna say wc vector also

Where's the CCM rep on this board?  Oh, we don't have one.  Oh well, their sticks suck anyway, IMO.

Oh we do. 5 of them.

They just like to create topics about their product, not actually contribute anything.

Where's the CCM rep on this board?  Oh, we don't have one.  Oh well, their sticks suck anyway, IMO.

Oh we do. 5 of them.

They just like to create topics about their product, not actually contribute anything.

Really? I never knew that.

Kinda of topic but ...

I dont know why people have been slaming the Vector for so long. Is it as responsive as a Synergy or XN10??? ... No. But using one for the first time a few weeks ago I have to say its actually a nice stick.

I think the biggest issue may be the slickness of the shaft itself. I am using a Grip Gratton right now and love it. Yes the puck is a bit bouncy off the blade but you can adapt easy to that. The stick launches rockets and its well balanced (compareed to wood anyhow).

In short this stick is not nearly as bad as some guys make it out to be.

The ones I used had problems with the blades getting soft fairly quickly. As you noted though, the blade is bouncy, it's not as responsive and the shaft is slick. Locally they sell for $149 or $159, you shouldn't have to accept limitations like that for the price. On the plus side, the shaft seems to be pretty durable.

True. Price point is on the high side but if you can get a deal on them its worth it. Pro return ones tend to run in the 75 - 100 range.

Did the Thornton Vector look anything like this? This pic is also from a couple years ago, and I'm still not sure what kind of Vector this is.

http://img71.exs.cx/img71/1394/hedin2.jpg

Those were the 110 prototypes. Audette had one in 02 with Montreal.

Thornton had that shaft all thsi season paired with a 1052 blade. So obviously he was using a prototype until now, cuz now he uses a blue 110 shaft in the WC.