Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

db88

What does torching your stick do?

Someones got an avatar with a guy doing that to his stick(shaft portion) after its been spray painted i think. Whats the point? Sorry if its a stupid question i just have no idea.

Some players torch their stick to achieve a certain curve that they want. On NHL: All-Access it shows Ovechkin using a torch to curve his stick and breaks it, so he just picks up another :lol:

i dont mean for trying to curve the blade.. someone told me it gives some kind of effect or look to the spray paint after its torched idk

it can be bad. depends how hot you let it get. To the point that Ovie heats them to, it's not good for the durability, you can cause microfractures and introduce structural weakness. However, for him its doesnt matter.

Some players torch their stick to achieve a certain curve that they want. On NHL: All-Access it shows Ovechkin using a torch to curve his stick and breaks it, so he just picks up another :lol:

got a link by any chance? ive been looking for that vid forever!

Someones got an avatar with a guy doing that to his stick(shaft portion) after its been spray painted i think. Whats the point? Sorry if its a stupid question i just have no idea.

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/3729/roy4cy.jpg

here you go, I still got the original image. Good ol Derek Roy of the Buffalo Sabres.

I think a few people said by torching it helps stiffen the tenon/hosel area for a better pop.

I can't confirm or deny their information, but quite a number of pro players do it.

I'm pretty certain that the other discussions on that picture decided that it's just to dry the spray paint. I know I've done that when I'm spray painting my sticks. Not with a blow torch, but even a lighter will dry the paint much quicker.

Wonder what shoulder pads those are at 1:30?

I've never seen jofa's quite like that

Edit: 8k's I'm pretty sure

If you look closely it says Jofa on the chest piece but the shoulders have RBK on them. Looks like he switched/swapped parts to fit what he wanted.

If you look closely it says Jofa on the chest piece but the shoulders have RBK on them. Looks like he switched/swapped parts to fit what he wanted.

I think most/all RBK protection equip is made by Jofa. I know my 9k breezers are.

I think most/all RBK protection equip is made by Jofa. I know my 9k breezers are.

Did not know that, thanks for the info.

It seems like the cover the shoulders very well, I probably wouldn't have messed my shoulder up with these

rbkSP8K.jpg