Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HHR23

BIG toe curve

I picked one up from another seller a couple weeks ago and played with it in practice and a pick up game. My normal curve is a P10, so it was a pretty big adjustment at first. Man, was it fun to fire off wristers with the Samsonov. I'm debating grabbing another one as a backup.

I picked one up from another seller a couple weeks ago and played with it in practice and a pick up game. My normal curve is a P10, so it was a pretty big adjustment at first. Man, was it fun to fire off wristers with the Samsonov. I'm debating grabbing another one as a backup.

I use a P92/Sakic normally, and it was still a pretty big adjustment using the Samsonov. That is a wicked curve. I really like the feel and performance of it, I just need to work on controlling the height of my shot a little better. The curve seems to have a little bit more lift to it when shooting compared to what I was using. I love the way the stick cradles the puck stickhandling and on wrist shots.

What is the main benefit of that wicked Samsonov hook? I generally have trouble getting the puck up on wristers & slappers. Should I consider a big toe with open face like this one or a toe with a neutral face?

What is the main benefit of that wicked Samsonov hook? I generally have trouble getting the puck up on wristers & slappers. Should I consider a big toe with open face like this one or a toe with a neutral face?

Thats a benefit of the Samsonov but also the toe drags which are added on top of that.

I would say if you aren't too picky about things like toe dragging and more about lifting the puck with wristers and slappers just stick with a mid curve with and open face. I have trouble keeping the puck down with a retail Sakic. Trying to find a Pro Stock Samsonov is hard to find, so if a retail fits your needs its better to stick with that.

More of the Samsonov pro-stocks on Ebay today (not my auction).

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pro-Stock-NEW-Nike-Bau...%3A1%7C294%3A30

I'm guessing those'll be sold out by tomorrow. :P

What do I win? :D Heh.

Not surprised. It's a great stick. It takes time to get used to though. In warm ups I always fire shots over the net.

I do pretty well on wristers with it, but my slap shots are still flying above the crossbar a little too often for my liking. Gotta get used to that open face.

hey guys,

I have a P92 right now and when I shoot they are always going over the net also. What pattern will give the p92 curve but with a closed face. What do you guy's recommend? Thanks

For some reason my stupid browser isn't letting me go back to view the other pages on this topic.

What pattern # is the Samsonov curve?

hey guys,

I have a P92 right now and when I shoot they are always going over the net also. What pattern will give the p92 curve but with a closed face. What do you guy's recommend? Thanks

I had the same problems with a Sakic which is similar to the P92. I switched to the Iginla and my shot is much easier for me to control.

I have had similar experiences til I started using a CCM Recchi, Easton Iginla or Bauer P15 and to a lesser degree P89. Much easier to grab corners instead of the rafters.

hey guys,

since youll probably want to stay with bauer then i think you will be looking for a lindros (p88)

It's gotten a little out of control here, less than half my sticks but here are just the "toe curves." Most are pro-Kovalchuks but there are a couple that are a small toe and one Samsonov.

Never used blades. They are separated in two groups but there are three different blades. Two on the right are a higher lie than the pro Kovalchuk. The one with tape on it is beveled and the pattern is slightly smaller.

IMG_2871.jpg

Here are the one-piece and two-piece sticks with toe patterns.

IMG_2872.jpg

Don't get attached to the pattern, you'll waste too much money on them.

It's gotten a little out of control here, less than half my sticks but here are just the "toe curves." Most are pro-Kovalchuks but there are a couple that are a small toe and one Samsonov.

Never used blades. They are separated in two groups but there are three different blades. Two on the right are a higher lie than the pro Kovalchuk. The one with tape on it is beveled and the pattern is slightly smaller.

Here are the one-piece and two-piece sticks with toe patterns.

Don't get attached to the pattern, you'll waste too much money on them.

That's quite the collection you have there. Color me jealous. :)