Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hotsauce

Tour Skates. New?

has anyone heard/seen about an all black Pro Carbon Tour Skate (what was written on skate)? i believe it had a labeda shadow chassis. LHS only had two pairs both in 10 <_< couldnt test them out.

thats a really nice looking skate, especially the frame. I'll agree on the SMU though, for a top end (at the least looking) skate it doesn't have top end wheels...

Damn thats a nice lookin frame though!!!!!

i just googled them and found these

Nice looking skate that matches your description. Looks to be an SMU.

They have these at the local inline rink to me also. My guess is, it is something to give the LHS that the huge online retailers don't have.

They replace the 8.8’s. The line up goes Q, 9.9, Carbon Pro. They are not an SMU to the best of my knowledge as they were at the tour stand at torhs winter nationals. Also from the understanding for this year or at least not in the near future will the Q or 9.9 be replaced.

The Carbon Pro is new for 2009. Great value, $200 retail. It may be the only $200 skate with a Graphite boot, (quarter panel construction) For 2009 we will have 4 new skates.

Code STX-800---$110 to $120 retail---replaces Cobalt 590

Code MX-----$160 to $170 retail----replaces Code Blue

Carbon Pro---$200 to $210 retail---replaces Cobalt 8.8

Code Tabu---$450 to $490----We showed this skate at NARCH Winters (San Jose)--- we are still fine tuning this skate-- I can assure you it will be a very special model. Our plans are to make the Tabu available spring 2009. Will keep you posted on Progress.

Coabalt 9.9---- will stay in our 2009 line

Coabalt Q------ will stay in our 2009 line

Ive never seen a pair of Tours that I liked. Aside from however they perform, they are all butt ugly and cheap looking. Except for the most expensive ones, which are just butt ugly.

I like how they look personally. What is the stiffness of these skates like compared to the Q and Carbon? Also is their any new technology featured on these skates?

They look s15 esque to me (the boot shape). Also, agree with Thockey, switch the wheels to Addictions or Dynasty II, The fuzions are straight AWFUL.

From my point of view the shape of the s15 and any tour skate could hardly be any more different unless some radical design change was to happen. The s15 is a very sharp cut upwards on the eyelets where as tour skates are all appear to have a very gradual curve along the eyelets to the top. About the only way I can see the s15 and tabu being similar in any real way is that they are both very "flashy" looking skates, although the tabu looks to have taken that to another level...

Although you might be looking at them in a different way to me ;)

PS: A bit off topic but has anyone tried the addictions yet? reviews?

I was hoping for a new tongue design on the next Tour skate. I have problems with the tongues in my code carbons shifting over to the side of my foot, which then moves that hard plastic piece in the tongue over to the side and not over the top of my foot where the laces are pulling tight. I've pulled the old felt tongues on my old TR8000's and was going to swap them into my code carbons, but haven't had time yet to have it done. I may just buy a pair of the Pro Carbons for the boot and get some Sprungs put on them for my next pair of skates and have the tongues put on them instead.

The Tabu's looks a lot like the Code Carbons in shape. I hope they end up being cut more like the Code 1s/Beemers. I did not like the code carbons because I could not get any forward flex on them the way I could on the older Tour Skates.

Also I agree with the above post about changing the tongues. The most recent tour tongues are horrible. Thin, no padding, thick plastic insert which destroys all forward flex.... Why cant they just go back to good old thick felt, thats what everyone likes best anyway even if it weighs a bit more.

The Tour Carbon's actually look nice, except for the cheaper wheels, which can be switched out easily, so no biggee. The Tabu is way too flashy for my likes, but kids these days love that, so to each their own. It's Tour's brand marketing/packaging. Just like how warrior kind of started the trend for edgy/flashy graphics on sticks.