Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Datsyukrulez13

Protective Wrist Guards

Hey, So i have been slashed plenty of time this week by some guys with wood sticks, so even right now, my wrist REALLY hurts so i have been thinking of getting those protective wrist guards. And i know it will hurt i someone slashed me even with wood sticks but ive heard they are pretty nice, whats youe opinion on these? BTW, i have been slashed at and average of like 5 times and most of the time if fall down on to the ice. So which guards would you recommend for me, are they actually worth it?!?!?!?! Thanks in advance

I think most LHS carry the Bauer and RBK ones...I wear a pretty loose fitting eagle glove with wide open cuffs and I have the room to move with them on, however if I go to a new glove i doubt I will feel comfy with them on...

http://www.hockeygiant.com/rbkwrstgrd.html

for me the brunt force still hurts, but these have had me avoiding the ugly cuts and abrasions that accompany the swelling and bruising

Ive worn a few different pair of the wrist gaurds or slash gaurds. I prefer the Eastons, because there are multiple plastic inserts rather than just one. I feel that if my Eastons shift at all my wrist is protected because the plastic goes all the way around my wrist. I believe the Eagle guards have multiple inserts in them aswell. Ive had the Bauer and CCM gaurds too, but the plastic piece only covers the top of your wrist and if the guard were to shift or mover while playing your wrist could become exposed. If your LHS has a few different pairs try them on, its PP on terms of feel and fit.

Easton:

http://www.inlinewarehouse.com/descpage-ESG.html

NBH:

http://www.inlinewarehouse.com/descpage-BSWG.html

I was checking out this stuff called Zoombang, it's kinda like some of the gel stuff in running shoes. It's a little bit high tech but the price on wrist guards isn't too bad. There is a video at HockeyMonkey.

I've tried Bauer, Easton, and Eagle and was most pleased with the Eagle's.

JR, the EvoShields look interesting. I'll wait til they come out then will try them out.

Yeah, b/c it's sold as a baseball application as well.

Figured that out with the pic they had on the site. ;)

The technology is really cool, first off. Second, it seems like it would definitely work for someone that is in need of the extra protection. It would probably take a broken arm before I'd bother with one though. I can't even stand wristbands on my arms, let alone something like that. Hell, that's why I pull my jersey sleeves up to my elbow pads.

Yeah, I hear ya...that's why I wear the Jofa floating slashguards. I may have to trim the neoprene a bit on the inside, but we'll see...

I hit my wrists with a tire iron earlier...LOL

hahaha, sorry, that seriously cracked me up. How random!

You have to rub the floating slashguards in my face, don't you?

Keep in mind, these are PPF+(one of the longest cuffs I have).

gap.jpg

The 16" NBH 5-rolls are long enough to close the gap and fit great with finger length but the volume of the fingers is waaay too much(front to back). I could probably fit both hands in a glove. :(

JR, the EvoShields look interesting. I'll wait til they come out then will try them out.

Already out to the public as JR said earlier with the baseball application. Hopefully we will be getting a little bit more crossover exposure in the upcoming months. Already got some NHL guys in the product with different applications of the technology and waiting on feedback from others. If you guys have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks, Chris

EvoShield

Already out to the public as JR said earlier with the baseball application. Hopefully we will be getting a little bit more crossover exposure in the upcoming months. Already got some NHL guys in the product with different applications of the technology and waiting on feedback from others. If you guys have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks, Chris

EvoShield

If you don't mind me asking. Just out of curiosity Which nhlers do you guys got in? Thanks, the product looks amazing. I might have to pick some up.

Thanks, Chris

EvoShield

Chris,

I was wondering how the EvoShield material compares to the material being sold by ZoomBang in a wrist guard. A link is below if you're not familar with their product.

Thanks

Link: http://www.zoombang.com/wrist_guard.php

Thanks, Chris

EvoShield

Thanks, Chris / cwc2134.

Once I figure out how to get the EvoShield shipped to me, I'll definitely pick up a pair.

Didn't Bauer offer something like that a while back, maybe using water to mold it?

Are these what you were thinking of?

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Bauer-Custom-Fit-M...1742.m153.l1262

Yes, that was them. I think Philbricks was the last online retailer I saw that still had them- they were significantly less than what this seller is asking though....

Thanks, Chris

EvoShield

Chris,

I was wondering how the EvoShield material compares to the material being sold by ZoomBang in a wrist guard. A link is below if you're not familar with their product.

Thanks

Link: http://www.zoombang.com/wrist_guard.php

Shooter,

I am a little bit familiar with Zoombang but i have not had a chance to actually see it in person so I don't know if I can answer your question.

As far as I know( and please correct me if I am wrong) Zoombang uses a gel like material that becomes hard on impact and is set up in an almost pocket like form on the shirt or wrist guard it is placed with. EvoShield is a bit different, when it first comes out of the foil package it is malleable and soft. Once it is formed to your body it becomes like a plate of armor that forms to your body. When it is hard it will only fit that area of the body creating an area that will be protected upon impact. In most of our shirt products we use compression materials ( think Under Armour shirts) to hold the shield in place so when you move it moves with you and continues to cover that area of the body.

I hope that helped and if i can help in anyways please ask.

Roach-- to answer your questions www.evoshield.com and if you cant find it the product number and name is A150 evoSHIELD Wrist Guard System. as far as shipping goes email me at cwc2134@Gmail.com and we can work with you on shipping so you dont get charged an outrageous fee.

Thanks,

Chris

EvoShield