Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

.dynasty

"Murdered Out" U+

I hate silver skates with a passion. Did the same thing with my prostock 40's a while back using rust-oleum universal spray paint. I need to get some white tongues then these would be perfect.

3294615796_1837a89271.jpg

I would buy Vapors if they looked like that

Can you guys post pix after you play a few games?

i took that pic yesterday. painted it over a month ago. I have used them in a few games and stick and pucks. Only part where the paint is coming off is where the laces touch the boot, but its pretty minimal.

Are those XXXX leather? I also noticed the extra bit by the tendon guards...

nope, composite shell. They're Kris Draper's pro stock skates. He had a couple of custom items added to them like: tendon guard, 280mm ls2 holder/runners on a size 7.5D boot, step steel, uber-stiff boot, etc.

A new style:

i69utj.jpg

2cr54s1.jpg

Tell me what you think! (I did not make these skates, I've found them on PHEW and written a tutorial on how to dye the skate.)

Materials:

Masking Tape

SEM Trim Dye (http://www.tptools.com/p/2208,233_SEM-Trim-Black-Paint.html)

Tutorial:

1. Tape off areas of the skate that you do not want dyed, remove skate laces.

2. Spray (carefully!), make sure that you aren't using too much (this stuff is used on cars).

3. Let dry

4. Compare to the photo, or use personal preference to determine how dark you want them.

5. If not dark enough, repeat.

Be careful! I'm not responsible for anything that goes wrong with the dyeing of the skate.

Is it possible to do this in white?

I'm going to 5th the yellow laces, that would look absolutely awesome IMO. Not sure what I think about the black holders though, they've always seemed a bit more clunky to me when compared to white ones.