Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boostinmister2

What Jofa/RBK elbow pads do NHL players wear?

Yeah the best I can tell is that this 8K variant that I purchased off ebay must be European retail version or something. I'm hoping it still has the "play dry" liner and is something I can fit around my arm. I would be surprised if any of the "official" Jofa branded stuff was actually made in China and not Sweden, but with Reebok...I'm sure nothing is off the table nowadays. I REALLY was excited about these and now I'm not sure what will arrive in the mail.

Europe's RBK line from about 6,7 years ago...came as 8k and '8k long' with the extension.

So then NOT the actual 9144 7K model the pros use?

Well I got them and they are the exact same pad as the older JOFA 9144 pad that I've had a couple of cross my desk. Same materials and same construction quality as the Swedish made stuff (sadly) that I can tell. The absolute ONLY thing I can find differing is the anchor strap section sewn down is done with blue instead of the older white ones. I still question the sizing of size 7 since it doesn't seem all that different in fit from the size 6 Swedish pad but the chinese assembling them probably can't fathom guys with 16" forearms like mine either so...

Well I got them and they are the exact same pad as the older JOFA 9144 pad that I've had a couple of cross my desk. Same materials and same construction quality as the Swedish made stuff (sadly) that I can tell. The absolute ONLY thing I can find differing is the anchor strap section sewn down is done with blue instead of the older white ones. I still question the sizing of size 7 since it doesn't seem all that different in fit from the size 6 Swedish pad but the chinese assembling them probably can't fathom guys with 16" forearms like mine either so...

Actually I have no idea why don't you see any difference between them ))

I have never seen size 7, but I compared chinese 7K size 5 to swedish 9144 pro size 5 and there was a big difference. Chinese were fairly smaller, I'd say chinese size 6 = swedish pro stuff size 5.

This was justified when I compared chinese 5K (2005) size 6 t0 swedish 9144 pro size 5. The same size.

Recentry I bought Ivanans 9144 pro size 5. Can you imaging this guy wears size 5!

http://cl.ip.fi/misc/ivanans.jpg