Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sniper#8

Don Cherry blasts Ovechkin on HNIC

Strange sidenote: While I was in college, a girl I knew won both showcases.

I remember once when they gave away a plane in one showcase and some super fancy sports car for the other showcase. This was in the good old Barker days.

Why can Drew Carey get a game show and Howard Stern can't?

You never had the fortune of seeing "Homeless Howiewood Squares" on the old Channel Nine Show ? I'm laughing just remembering it all.

Wow, monotone isn't the word. It almost sounds like Carey is pissed.... like the prize money comes out of his pocket or something. Why can Drew Carey get a game show and Howard Stern can't?

Because Drew Carey can actually make me laugh.

I read a blog from a guy that is toiling between the AHL and ECHL, Bob Bourne's son... where he basically said that if you look at pro hockey and the NHL specifically there are like 4 guys, per team, that are actually "Playing" Hockey, and the rest of the guys are "working" or it is a "job" because of the level of coaching etc.

You go from a guy that used to be allowed to dangle and take on defenders 1 on 1, and then you hit pro and you are not a blue chip 1st overall offensive powerhouse and you are expected to cycle, dig, and "get the puck in deep once you hit the red line"

Ovie seems to me to be the most supremely talented guy in the league, and truly is "Playing"

I am fine with his sometime perceived jubilation because it never looks to me like he is trying to "Show Up" the opponent.

He looks like a kid in Candy store when he scores and the NHL needs more of that, and less of coaches coaching the skill and finesse out of the game.

Even at the Pro level, it has to be fun for us fans to have fun.

Call us europeans what you wish, but here the joke mainly has been the enthusiasm that NA hockey"culture" has been bashing the poor boy. :rolleyes:

And on a lighter side

aaovetchkintuuletus2203JH_jk.jpg

I've read Justin Bourne's blogs and they are awesome. Everybody should check them out. The guy can write.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blogs/183-Justin-Bourne.html

This is the specific blog entry I was referencing in my post on the previous page.

He sure can write is right!

He should get out of hockey at the pro side now, save some teeth and get a job as a writer/broadcaster asap!

I'm sure their are great jokes about going five hole and sacrificing his body for the team, but I'll just leave it at that and let somebody else flesh it out if they so choose... :D

Ovechkin should strike while the iron's hot and do the Ned Braden striptease when he gets his 100th point. Don Cherry would have a coronary.

"What's This? It appears that Alex Ovechkin is removing articles of his uniform! I don't want any of you youngsters out there to think this is the way to play hockey!"

Wow, monotone isn't the word. It almost sounds like Carey is pissed.... like the prize money comes out of his pocket or something. Why can Drew Carey get a game show and Howard Stern can't?

Because Drew Carey can actually make me laugh.

Oh, ok. I wasn't aware you had the deciding vote! :D

Boy, Mike Green really looks disgusted at Ovechkin, doesn't he ?

indeed he does, no wonder on HNIC the camera was behind him when cherry was talking.

Green and Backstrom said they would do it with him, then decided to not themselves, to have a laugh at him. Ovechkin was expecting the 3 of them to do it, but they side-pranked him I guess. That's why green is laughing.

I dont want to sound bias due to my name ;) but I'm glad there is a guy in the NHL who has so much passion for the game. I personally liek to celebrate i dont do it ridiculously but i used to not score many goals and now that i do I've learned to appreciate and love it more than most kids so there's nothing wrong with it IMO

Don Cherry needs to get laid.

Don Cherry almost certainly gets way more then you, despite his age.

no no i think he means like in a coffin.