Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thehockeykid

Zetterberg Curve

everything.

Its the only pattern (and clones) I use.

It is not a clone of pm9. pm9 is a tad more open, and I've seen fors/zett curves that very in depths. they just aren't consistent.

everything.

It is not a clone of pm9. pm9 is a tad more open, and I've seen fors/zett curves that very in depths. they just aren't consistent.

PM9/Malkin: PM9 Mid-Heel Slight 3/8" Slightly Open Medium 5 Round

Zetterberg: P4 Mid-Heel Slight 3/8" Slightly Open Medium 5 Round

Fedororv: 06 Mid-Heel Slight 3/8" Slightly Open Medium 4.5 Round

They are exact clones. The fact that you've eye balled differences means nothing.

everything.

They are exact clones. The fact that you've eye balled differences means nothing.

NO.... the Easton is not as "slightly open" as the Warrior/Bauer "slightly open". I use Warrior & Bauer no diff, but my son will not.... only Easton. His complaint, and we have compared many times, tooo open.

everything.

NO.... the Easton is not as "slightly open" as the Warrior/Bauer "slightly open". I use Warrior & Bauer no diff, but my son will not.... only Easton. His complaint, and we have compared many times, tooo open.

Sticks1.jpg

Easton on Bottom, Warrior on Top; exact same curve.

Theyre all gonna be pretty damn close. I have a fedorov one and i think it has a lie of 5. Its an inno blade so i dont recall seeing the lie. Either way it works good.

Good for snapshots, backhands, toe-drags, probably works well for wristers too however the shaft its in is too stiff to my liking for taking good wristers.

Settle down, Beavis. Yes, the patterns are extremely similar, however, none of them are truly identical.

Agreed but you will find as much variation within the offerings from any one brand as you will between the brands.

I've been using a P92 for some time and I think I've changed up my shot technique a bit over the season, causing a lot of shots to flutter. I tried a friends TPS Tkachuk in warmup and it seemed to not flutter at all...but that was only 2-3 shots so I can't say for certain how it'd be in a game situation. I know it's quite a change, but has anybody made a similar jump with success? I read that stick handling will suffer a lot, how true is that?

And just curious, is Datsyuk pro still pretty much a Zetterberg clone or is it more like his retail?

I've switched from heel curves, to mid curves to toe curves to tow hooks then to kovy-esque banana curves and the only thing that changes is what people say in the dressing room, all it takes is a concerted effort in warm-up to get the idea of how the curve will react and then to go out and do it.

I would say everyone should try a mikita like hook before they go anywhere else (after you understand the mechanics of the shot, for which a modano/drury/zetterberg will serve you nicely). The banana is the way to go.

this is all I use and they are similar but I've gotten some that are quite different from another, some pm9's with a much deeper curve or a slightly higher lie

I have both a s17 Zetterberg and One95 Malkin I find that the Malkin is slightly more open and the blade is a little thinner (top to bottom)

I have to say I prefer the Zetterberg a bit more because it is close, very good for everything. easy to keep the shots low IMO