Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jmiami

NYC Thread

two of my friends go to the rink in flushing every saturday. I went with them this past saturday and it was a pretty good skate. The level is pretty good. A few beginners but overall pretty good. there were 21 skaters and 3 goalies. good skate. It just sucks they don't have a website and it's so hard to find out any info.

From what I've seen there are a bunch of guys working there from the worlds fair rink (the old rink in flushing). I'm not sure if it's the same management but that rink was run horribly and it seems this rink is having a slow unorganized start.

For example it opened in Feb. How do you open a rink in Feb? It has to open in sept-oct to run anything normal. We'll see what happens by this sept-oct and it might get better.

It's also pretty hot in there, the ice is a bit soft, but I think no worse than aviator or Chelsea. It's just really hot in there for some reason. Could be the summer but I'm chalking it up to their slow unorganized start.

It's nice though that is exactly a 8min 43sec drive from my house. I timed it. Kinda gay... I know.

two of my friends go to the rink in flushing every saturday. I went with them this past saturday and it was a pretty good skate. The level is pretty good. A few beginners but overall pretty good. there were 21 skaters and 3 goalies. good skate. It just sucks they don't have a website and it's so hard to find out any info.

From what I've seen there are a bunch of guys working there from the worlds fair rink (the old rink in flushing). I'm not sure if it's the same management but that rink was run horribly and it seems this rink is having a slow unorganized start.

For example it opened in Feb. How do you open a rink in Feb? It has to open in sept-oct to run anything normal. We'll see what happens by this sept-oct and it might get better.

It's also pretty hot in there, the ice is a bit soft, but I think no worse than aviator or Chelsea. It's just really hot in there for some reason. Could be the summer but I'm chalking it up to their slow unorganized start.

It's nice though that is exactly a 8min 43sec drive from my house. I timed it. Kinda gay... I know.

Many thanks for a great report J.J

It seems to have definitely picked up there. I'll have to hit it at some point.

By the way the rink does have a website: http://worldice.pucksystems.com/

I think the ice at Long Beach is much better than Chelsea but that is just my opinion. On a similar note what is going on with Long Beach...its closed down right?

I haven't skated since it got cooler out, but Chelsea had a rough summer for ice quality (west rink). It was hit or miss, but more misses then hits. But that's expected, really soft, choppy, even watery ice. I was going to skate today but plans fell through, I'll make it down eventually (Plus season starts soon).

Anyone make it down to Princeton? I skated there in early September and the ice was pretty good (compared to Chelsea). 3 on 3 half ice was a pretty fun skate.

Skated at City Ice Pavilion Last night for open hockey. 2 goalies about 10 guys. It's a good time would be nice if we could get more. Decent skill level, a few beginners, and a few advanced. Everyone was friendly.

I thought I would let the NYC MSH's know that one of my teams at Chelsea Piers needs a few players.

We play Saturday's.

Let me know if you are interested.

D

Skated at City Ice Pavilion Last night for open hockey. 2 goalies about 10 guys. It's a good time would be nice if we could get more. Decent skill level, a few beginners, and a few advanced. Everyone was friendly.

LOL I was just about to post asking how City Ice Sat open game is doing in its new late slot. I went often last year when it was at 7:30 and always had a blast. For whatever reason, that game always attracted cool bunch of players. I never came across a dirtbag there. Gotta love the rink itself too. Great ice, and I get a kick outta the white bubble-top. The place is unique. I'm gonna start hitting it again.

Hey NYC players! Come out! City Ice Pavilion on Sat nights at 11:30. Free parking, or easy to reach by subway. Just google City Ice Pavilion for all info.

I thought I would let the NYC MSH's know that one of my teams at Chelsea Piers needs a few players.

We play Saturday's.

Let me know if you are interested.

D

I could possibly be an alternate if you guys need.

LOL I was just about to post asking how City Ice Sat open game is doing in its new late slot. I went often last year when it was at 7:30 and always had a blast. For whatever reason, that game always attracted cool bunch of players. I never came across a dirtbag there. Gotta love the rink itself too. Great ice, and I get a kick outta the white bubble-top. The place is unique. I'm gonna start hitting it again.

Hey NYC players! Come out! City Ice Pavilion on Sat nights at 11:30. Free parking, or easy to reach by subway. Just google City Ice Pavilion for all info.

Ice is at 10pm

NYC Metro MSH'ers...can someone point me to the LHS that would have the largest selection of one-piece sticks?

I love the LHS I use regularly, but their OPS selection is limited. I want to try a one-piece after years of using woodies, and don't want to order one blind from the internet. I would love to hold a Bauer, then a Warrior, then Easton, etc, all in the same store. And if I find the stick that suits me in that store I will buy it there...not from the internet.

So which store in the 5 boroughs, or NJ, or LI has the biggest OPS selection? Thanks in advance for any responses.

If you can make your way out to Wayne, NJ to the Ice Vault, I totally would go. They have a sick selection of everything. I had a game there and I was really amazed. Wayne, NJ is like a good 30 min drive out of the city, but totally worth it.

Ice House in Hackensack. New Bauer, Easton, Warrior, RBK/CCM Holiday launch sticks in stock, older models on markdown. Don't flex the sticks or I'll break your hands! JK.......

Ice House in Hackensack. New Bauer, Easton, Warrior, RBK/CCM Holiday launch sticks in stock, older models on markdown. Don't flex the sticks or I'll break your hands! JK.......

Tough policy. Fair, but tough. I usually tell the kids to beat it or cut it out haha.

Hey sorry to bump an old thread but has anyone done Saturday night open hockey at lasker? I have Sunday off and an early Saturday shift so I was thinking about heading up because it's a rink that I always thought would be cool to play on. I was there Saturday when the panthers were practicing, and it made me really want to tryit out.

Sorry to bump as well, but does anyone know of outdoor pick up hockey? It doesn't have to be in the city, just somewhere in the area: Long Island, nearby New Jersey, etc. I'm used to Minnesota where there are rinks all over.

Hello, I will move to Manhattan for a year. I will live very close to Chelsea Piers. What are my chances to finding a team that plays there?