Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

camhockey16

Worst Hockey Equipment Ever

Looks wise, I much prefer the Rinky Fur Gloves to either of these:

yhst-33089677215713_2041_11653031.gifyhst-33089677215713_2041_4788804.gif

(but thats just me, Im not into loud colour combinations)

I thought it was funny that the article was sponsored by RBK Edge jerseys. I can proudly say I've never owned any of the equipment listed. I think a better topic on this site is what is currently the worst equipment made?

Even the bottom of the line today is freaking amazing compared to the crap of yester year. I did own the Cooper shin guards listed as the worst when I was a kid, basically that was the only youth shin guard they had for sale at the LHS. In the days before the internet you pretty much were limited to whatever the pro-shop/LHS had in stock in your size, it was a lot easier back then to pawn off utter shit on people. It always is when there's a distinct lack of choices available.

just a touch off topic, but did anyone notice there is a link to these forums on that page? (listed under NHL sites, near the ad on the right) :)

Cooper SK2000 is a timeless classic(Messier style). I still see them around fairly frequently. The XL7, on the other hand was NOT a classic.

How about the old Stan Makita Northland. I liked that helmet but the foam deteriorated so quickly. Though, looking back, what an ugly bucket. It was literally a 2-3 year helmet at best, which is one reason why you never see then around, that and the were ugly.

And going way back, available to those over protective parents, the Johnson blow up bubble helmet thing. Remember that thing?

wow those gloves are hidious, I wonder how many people have actaully bought those.

I've actually seen a guy with some of those rainbow gloves on. They're even worse in person. I couldn't believe someone actually bought them and liked them.

Can you imagine getting face washed by a guy wearing rainbow gloves? You almost have to fight him at that point to maintain your rep.

I'm going to wager the rainbow gloves are aimed at the growing number of women hockey players, perhaps poorly, but none the less.

What about homosexual hockey players?

I'm going to wager the rainbow gloves are aimed at the growing number of women hockey players, perhaps poorly, but none the less.

no such thing :P

no such thing :P

I'm sure you were joking buuuuuut just in case you didn't realize everyone likes hockey :P

Twin Cities Gay Hockey Association

cooperalls surprised none of you guys said that

Cooperalls were the greatest thing in the world... for about 18 months. Although, that did give birth to the "girdle" so there was some good that came out of that. My team had cooperalls one season only. I did stay with the girdle/shell design for quite some time after that and to this day, prefer a girdle over traditional breezers. I'm trying to get me kid into a girdle but he want's nothing to do with it.

I'd say they were aimed directly at younger roller hockey players considering their general lack of taste/style and fondness for all things bright and tacky looking.

My contribution... anyone remember the old Itech styrofoam helmets? Those things looked terrible, I'm guessing they were nice and protective but they sure didn't look good at all.

cooperalls surprised none of you guys said that

Cooperalls were the greatest thing in the world... for about 18 months. Although, that did give birth to the "girdle" so there was some good that came out of that. My team had cooperalls one season only. I did stay with the girdle/shell design for quite some time after that and to this day, prefer a girdle over traditional breezers. I'm trying to get me kid into a girdle but he want's nothing to do with it.

When I was about 12 or 13 my pops wanted me to try a girdle and I wanted nothing to do with it...........You could always do what he did and just buy it and make me wear it lol.....Funny thing about it is now I won't wear anything but a girdle, was just able to track down a new MBP8 which was the first girdle I wore

Just look at some of the comments on those rainbow gloves on HG. There are a lot of people with poor taste out there.

My daughter wanted a pair of those gloves but I've only seen them listed in Senior sizes. Go figure...