Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fletch

Cheap F'ing players in beer/rec leagues....

Can we just admit it's not a young or old thing and that some players are just dirtier then others?

Sure, just as soon as I have my say:

Just gonna throw out another voice here, at 24 I'm starting to get a little pissed off when old men drag me down or hack my stick calling me "little shit" because I got to the puck first. Sorry I'm not slow and overweight yet, quit fecking trying to take my knee out.

I've switched to a more protective beezer and shin pads than I wore though high school and college intermurals for non-contact adult leagues because of old men's attitudes.

Ok now we can agree that some people are cheap hacking assholes regardless of age. Old people need to suck it up and some kids need to realize old guys dont appreciate that extra lean on the shoulder in the slot.

Your post sounds pretty agressive. Even your signature says "If you're gonna punch someone in the face, aim for the back of the head." But I'm sure you never provoke anyone on the ice, do you. <_<

Can we just admit it's not a young or old thing and that some players are just dirtier then others?

Sure, just as soon as I have my say:

Just gonna throw out another voice here, at 24 I'm starting to get a little pissed off when old men drag me down or hack my stick calling me "little shit" because I got to the puck first. Sorry I'm not slow and overweight yet, quit fecking trying to take my knee out.

I've switched to a more protective beezer and shin pads than I wore though high school and college intermurals for non-contact adult leagues because of old men's attitudes.

Ok now we can agree that some people are cheap hacking assholes regardless of age. Old people need to suck it up and some kids need to realize old guys dont appreciate that extra lean on the shoulder in the slot.

I'm not going to say anything about the age thing, but I did the same with you, ever since I started playing beer leagues I've switched to more protective equipment than when I was playing full contact hockey (except for shoulder pads). When I played full contact growing up I was more into mobility but, now I'm protection first and then mobility.

I'm starting to get a little pissed off when old men drag me down or hack my stick calling me "little shit"
Sorry I'm not slow and overweight yet, quit fecking trying to take my knee out.
because of old men's attitudes.
some people are cheap hacking assholes regardless of age. Old people need to suck it up
some kids need to realize old guys dont appreciate that extra lean on the shoulder in the slot.

Sweet post.

So why do you even bother playing? Find a competitive contact league.

If people are bugging you that much, chances are they're being provoked.

No actually, they're not.

Doubtful. There is always some player (wether it be old or young) who provokes the shit out of people, then complains when they get a hack or shoulder.

Point is, there is always an agitator involved.

If the common denominator is you then you are most likely the problem.

There is a kid that I've played against in one of my leagues for a few years now and he is pretty much hated by that whole team while always professing his innocence. A year or so ago he showed up on an opponent in another league I play in. I was the only kid who had seen him from the other league and didn't mention anything to this team. By the end of the game I saw that now both of the teams I play on hate the kid.

Score sheet from our joke of a game last night. Score Sheet

If I didnt like playing hockey and drinking beer with friends after the game, I wouldnt even play in that terrible league.

Note:

Our team is the Jackals, visitors.

Home team pretty much consists of people who are strictly sighted on injuring an opposing player.

If I didnt like playing hockey and drinking beer with friends after the game, I wouldnt even play in that terrible league.

Note:

Home team pretty much consists of people who are strictly sighted on injuring an opposing player.

One guy got 2 10-minute misconducts and 3 Game Misconducts? How are players like that allowed to continue playing in that league. The referees must have some serious patience.

... ok wait. #21 home got a Game Misconduct at 2:39 of the 2nd period. He should have been gone right there. How was he able to continue playing and amass 4 MORE Gamers?

Wow. You're on the home team I assume?

Away team. For whatever reason, my name never made the score sheet.

Note:

One guy got 2 10-minute misconducts and 3 Game Misconducts? How are players like that allowed to continue playing in that league. The referees must have some serious patience.

The refs provided for this place are beyond a joke. There were more penalties to be assessed and I think they got tired of typing.

They lost control of the game in the first 5 minutes and it went downhill from there.

#21 was eventually ejected, but would not leave to the locker room. So the refs kept tacking him on for penalties and team penalties.

Note:

You guys scored 10 goals on Martin Brodeur?! :blink:

Wow. You're on the home team I assume?

Away team. For whatever reason, my name never made the score sheet.

Note:

The refs provided for this place are beyond a joke. There were more penalties to be assessed and I think they got tired of typing.

They lost control of the game in the first 5 minutes and it went downhill from there.

#21 was eventually ejected, but would not leave to the locker room. So the refs kept tacking him on for penalties and team penalties.

Was the game called after 2 period or something?

Personally I'd ask for my league fee back from whoever is running that league, or at the very least have that entire team thrown out for the season. What a complete joke.

Was the game called after 2 period or something?

Personally I'd ask for my league fee back from whoever is running that league, or at the very least have that entire team thrown out for the season. What a complete joke.

It was called with about 3 minutes to go in the 2nd.

Some folks up at the bar last night were rumoring that this team had been kicked out of most leagues in the area and just sign up under different names and teams etc. I can understand why after last night. Also it was mentioned that they were allowed back by paying team league fees and a half. Im sure after last night the league coordinator got a flurry of emails and this team will hopefully be done for for good.

Note:

Wow. How did all of that start with #21?

Wow, that’s pathetic. Those clowns shouldn't be allowed to play in the league anymore. Any abuse of the official is a serious thing. I know a kid that bumped a ref purposely and was suspended for 2 years by USA Hockey from competing in any USA Hockey sanctioned games. Those guys deserve a swift beat down.

Wow. How did all of that start with #21?

21 is terrible hockey player that does nothing but talk and try to start fights and cause bodily harm. He received 2 penalties in the first period. On your 3rd penalty, you're removed from the remainder of the game.

21s first 2 penalties were pretty much trying to run a guy and then remove another players arms via his stick.

He got his third penalty after an incident I was involved with number 13. 13 had a 2 on one and shot the puck on net. I was the last guy in on the play when 13 put the puck on net. Whistle had blown the play dead, 13 insisted on continually beating on the goalies catcher. I removed 13 from the area by means of contact (stick check and bodied him out of the way), let our goalie recover, and went about my business changing lines. 13 came to me, shoved me and started chirping. At which time I told him that "it will be ok darlin". He doesnt like being chirped back I guess, went to lunge at me, ref stepped into the crowd at which time he shoved the ref and cussing him.

21 took exception to 13s recently acquired penalty and began to cuss the ref and making a scene. 21 received his 3rd penalty of teh game, and was asked to leave.

From then on, it was out of control. Opposing team trying to run players much worse than before (pretty much not caring if a ref sees the incident or not). More chirping, more shoving in piles, so on and so forth.

It has been brought to my attention. 21 and 13 will not be back, and 5 others from the team have received 3 gam suspensions to be reviewed and possibly not allowed to be able to return. So maybe all is not lost.

If the common denominator is you then you are most likely the problem.

I'm sure your the cause of failure in every relationship you've ever been in too. Why exactly do are you trying to make this personal?

No where did I say that sort of thing happens every time, constantly, or regularly. It happens time to time and I'm not gonna sit here and say that I've never reciprocated someone hacking away at me in the slot or tripped me in the corner; what I will say I don't start shit. Go back and find my thread asking about heavy protective pants, I don't play in a polite no-contact league - I got tripped so bad both my feet were in the air and landed on my tailbone and then got tripped again causing 2 separate minors

Old men don't like having their pocket picked, being beat on a one on one or someone standing in the slot, sometimes I get beaten fair, and sometimes I get tore down from someone waterskiing off my breezers and that pisses me off.

If you have a problem with a young guy saying that old men can be just as big of assholes to the under 30 crowd in a thread about cheap players no less, maybe you need a break from the internet.

I'm sure your the cause of failure in every relationship you've ever been in too. Why exactly do are you trying to make this personal?

Huh?

Old men don't like having their pocket picked, being beat on a one on one or someone standing in the slot, sometimes I get beaten fair, and sometimes I get tore down from someone waterskiing off my breezers and that pisses me off.

No one LIKES having any of that done. I have stolen the puck from people, and have had it taken from me as well. Hundreds of times on both accounts. I don't get slashed, hacked, tripped, etc... I also do not commit those infractions when the puck is taken from me. Perhaps you play with a bit of attitude. Maybe a distinct lack of sportsmanship.

If you have a problem with a young guy saying that old men can be just as big of assholes to the under 30 crowd in a thread about cheap players no less, maybe you need a break from the internet.

Maybe the hockey community needs a break from persons such as yourself. If you feel you are being come down upon by other posters on this site, maybe you should look in the mirror and ask yourself if you might have SOMETHING to do with it. Your posts on here reflect a poor attitude.

No one LIKES having any of that done. I have stolen the puck from people, and have had it taken from me as well. Hundreds of times on both accounts. I don't get slashed, hacked, tripped, etc... I also do not commit those infractions when the puck is taken from me. Perhaps you play with a bit of attitude. Maybe a distinct lack of sportsmanship.

It's a competitive league, they can suck it up and play clean if they don't like it. I dont trash talk, I don't whine, I don't argue calls, I don't question ref calls. I play and don't act like it's all on the line every pass and my teammates full of guys with kids don't seem to have a problem with me either. Shit, I'm not even a stand out player on the ice, I dont score every goal, I dont celebrate the ones I do get and I don't make any brilliant plays any more often than anyone else. I'm entirely average except I'm faster than most of them and apparently thats enough of an offense to be torn down and damn near injured.

What I don't like is getting shit on because I'm under 30. Sorry that bothers you.

What I don't like is getting shit on because I'm under 30. Sorry that bothers you.

No one is shitting on you because of your age, or skill level. It is your posts. I'm sure you think I am shitting on you as well, but that is not the case. Your posts come across as being back by attitude. You have an 'me vs. the world' mentality. No one is out to get you because you are young, or fast, or whatever else you may have posted. You also seem to get highly offended when someone points this out. I'm not here to fight you, or be your enemy. I'm just trying to inform you how you come across.

That being said, it's beer league. There will be some hooking and coasting and what have you. Mind you, this is not because you are young or fast, but because beer leaguers as a whole are lazy. Myself included. Now, while some of you in MSH land might not be lazy type, don't take offense to that. I'm sure you understand what I mean. Don't get pissed or pissy because someone laid the lumber on you. It has happened before, and it will happen again. Many times I'm sure. Your constant "Every old man hockey player sucks, and I'm much faster than them" mentality will get you in a bunch of trouble, both on and off the ice.

It's a competitive league, they can suck it up and play clean if they don't like it.

Case in point...

I think we should all just leave it at "some guys play dirty and some don't regardless of age". I'm sure if you took the older guys who play dirty, played dirty when they were younger as well. Just depends on the person.

Your constant "Every old man hockey player sucks, and I'm much faster than them" mentality will get you in a bunch of trouble, both on and off the ice.

Wow you just don't read a damn thing do you.

Go back and read where I said I'm more skilled than everyone else. Go on, check out where I said I was faster than everyone, that I whine and complain about every finger that gets laid on me. Oh yeah, I didn't say that. I get beat if I get beat, I don't throw out my knee or two hand someone's shin to prevent someone from moving past me. End of story.

However we can go back and dig up a huge supply of "that stupid young kid" who don't get that "some people have to work for a living" posts across plenty of threads here and honestly I'm a little tired of it; I am irritated by massive logs of posts that point out the cheap 20 year old disrespecting the guy with kids and mortgage. . Old men are just as much a bunch of dickbags as young ones are and you still don't seem to be able to acquiesce that most basic of point - which is all I'm trying to say. I get hooks and elbows and I don't mind but excuse me for implying on an internet forum that cheap assholes exist over the age of 25.

One more time so you don't get confused: I'm not complaining about my league. I'm complaining about people like you. I dont like posts where its "some little young asshole crosschecked me" instead of "some asshole crosschecked me" Assholes are assholes, hacks are hacks, it's not an age thing, period. I'm not hack trying to ruin someone's livelihood every time I go into a corner but the way a lot of people post around here they'd just as soon "teach me a lesson" than get beat to a puck.

Most of these cheap shots are due to pecker heads who have other issues/frustrations going on in their lives and they are taking out on you. They are mad at the world, were all out here to have fun. F' em.