Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

Your current equipment

Ice Skates: CCM 952's. What ever year they first came out. 98/99? These saw 1 season's worth and then were used 1 or 2 times every 3 or months or so while I was in my 8-9 year roller hockey phase. I'm barely back to ice full time this past month and these skates are still in fine condition function wise. But I'm debating getting something made in this decade. Scoping on the One90's, CCM Vectors, and of course Tacs closeouts.

Inline Skates: Tour 892's. I love'em. But I don't care if I ever play inline again. They saw about 3 years service and are still in great shape.

Gloves: Mission 3 finger something or the others circa 2000. Falling apart. Lost one at a drop-in this past weekend so I'm upgrading and picking up whatever I like at the LHS tomorrow. I don't know why the 3 finger never caught on. I don't know if they're better, but definitely different. I felt I had a better feel on the stick once I got used to them. Relative subjectivity applies of course.

Shins: Mission Warp Zero's circa 2000. I love these things even though they're falling apart now. I found a slightly used pair on ebay that should arrive soon.

Elbows: Jofa something or the others circa 2000. Model number has worn off. Mid to upper level for the time with the molded plastic bicep. The elastic is worn out on the straps and I've stitched them shorter. I'm debating on whether to upgrade. These fit and protect just fine, but having them slide around when I wear the underarmor is a bit annoying. But $35-$45 annoying? That's a ski resort lift ticket right there. Or 1/2 a tank of gas. :unsure: Since they're not performance enhancing pieces of equipment, they're pretty low on the upgrade totem pole.

Helmet: CCM HT2 circa 1993. I've replaced the ear loops and chin strap a few times and I'm on visor #3. I'll probably upgrade soon since the technology has come along way in reducing concussions. This is a little higher on the list since I've suffered a few concussions in my days.

Pants: Mission L1's. Picked them up a month ago. They replace some Lousiville something or the others from '93.

Shoulder: Itech 255's. For the money, I liked these better than any other brand in the price range. I play adult no check, so I don't need battle armor and these fit the bill both budget wise, fit wise, and mobility wise.

Stick: Easton Ultralite 100 flex. I needed a stick fast and it fit the bill at the time. Easton Sicore blade Iginla. I'm looking to venture into the OPS world. I'm only 5'7 120 lbs and I think I could use a whippier flex. 85 maybe? I guess I've used OPS'ers before. I mean, technically, woodies are OPS's, eh?

I'm not a gear whore by any means. I basically replace stuff only when something is completely unusable, lost, or stolen. I've got other expensive hobbies that keep my hockey budget down. Besides, my game doesn't warrant forking out multiple benjamins for skates and sticks made out of sub feather light, steel strong, and bullwhip flexy, irradiated unobtanium.

Its mid season and some stuff has changed, might as well update.

Skates: Easton S15

Gloves: NBH 4-roll

Shoulder: Bauer Lightspeed 8000

Elbows: Bauer 6000

Shin: Bauer 8000

Pants: NBH one90

Helmet: Rbk 8k with 480 cage

Sticks:

2- Grip Stealth CNT Lidstrom

2- One90 Stickum ids P02

2- TPS Response+ Morrow

1- Mission M1 Zhamnov prostock

Gloves: Mission 3 finger something or the others circa 2000. Falling apart. Lost one at a drop-in this past weekend so I'm upgrading and picking up whatever I like at the LHS tomorrow. I don't know why the 3 finger never caught on. I don't know if they're better, but definitely different. I felt I had a better feel on the stick once I got used to them. Relative subjectivity applies of course.

Picked up a pair of NBH Vapor XV's. I didn't get the best price, but they were the only glove the shop had I liked and I need them for tonight's game. I've been walking around the office with them on glaring at people threatening to drop'em.

Skates:Reebok 6k Pump

Stick: Easton SL Shaft with L-2 blade, Mission L-2, Mission Fuel

Gloves: Nike Bauer Supreme One90

Helmet: Bauer 8000 with Itech FX50

Shoulder Pads: CCM Vector 10.0

Elbow Pads: Nike Bauer Supreme One90

Pants: Mission M-2

Shin Guards: Nike Bauer Supreme One90

Update:

Helmet - Rbk 6k combo - Black small

Pants - Bauer Supreme One90 - TBL Fan(I think?)'s raving about them finally got me to settle for these over Tackla 9000 Airs

Skates: Well, not yet actually. I'm debating between white 5k's or some old school Jordan's, me being a sneakerhead :/ I just dropped 180 on some Concord XI's so my budget is a little lower.

Well might as well add in the new purchase haha

Sticks: Bauer TFG shaft with a One90 P106 blade, and the newest purchase. A 340 flex AK27 Nipple Grip shaft with four Mission woodie blades (Low x2, Crowder, Boyes patterns)

Helmet: NikeBauer 5500 w/ CCM facemask

Shoulder Pads: Bauer 6000

Elbow Pads: Nikebauer ONE 90

Pants: Easton Air

Shin Pads: Easton ST16 (just got them their the new 700's)

Skates: Nikebauer Vapor 40's

gloves: Mission L5

Sticks: Warrior Dolomite

Warrior Dolomite Nipple Grip

Edited by ChiefHockey13

I would like to buy a dolo, i recently tried one of my friends, 85 flex Fedorov and it felt great, the lie felt strange at first to me though, maybe it was just me.

Edited by hgdaigle

full update as of now:

skates-Graf Supra 703

stick-Bauer Vapor XX

helmet-Nikebauer 5500 with true vision cage

pants-Bauer 8000

shins-some CCM Tacks

elbows-Nike V-7

shoulder-Bauer 4000

gloves-Bauer Vapor V

updating:

getting a new stick-either an ST or an XXX-lite

getting new gloves-NBH 4-rolls,Supreme 70's, Eagle X5, or TPS R8

Edited by aviatorhockey#10

Skates: Bauer XXX

Stick: Easton Z-Bubble shaft with a Bauer One40 blade, Gagne curve (sometimes a SWD Spezza). Getting custom blades made. 4.5 lie, with a Spezza curve.

Gloves: Bauer XXX

Helmet: Bauer 5000 combo

Girdle: One90 with Tackla shell

Shin pads: Cheap-o Hespellers. Need an up-grade

Jock: Itech short-combo

Elbows: Bauer 3000

Skates- Bauer XXX

Gloves- Bauer 5000

Pants Bauer 5000

Helmet- Mission Intake w/ Itech x100

Shins- Bauer 8000

Elbows- jofa 8035

Shoulders- Bauer 8000 defenders

Stick- Vapor XXX-lite

Edited by Eternal

update

skates - NBH one90s & rbk 9ks

helmet - mission intake w oakley visor

pants - tackla pro stock buffalo sabres

gloves - nbh 4 roll buffalo pro

shins - rbk 9k

elbows - nike v 12

sticks - nbh one90 x 2 and a bunch of my custom warriors plus i have some nbh one90 tapered shafts on the way for me to try

Heres what I have so far. Only been skating and practicing some hockey for a few months.

Helmet - NikeBauer 5500 w/ Cage

Gloves - Easton, Model unknown

Pants - Easton S1

Shinpads - Itech 255TL

Elbow Pads - Itech 655 TL

Shoulderpads - NikeBauer Supreme 50

Skates - NikeBauer Supreme 2090s Classic

Stick - NikeBauer Endure - Lindros 77 Flex

Planning on picking up new pants and gloves later on. Would like some more padding in my pants, and the palm is probably going to begin tearing soon. Anybody know of some decent gloves that have a durable palm in 12-13 inches?

I don't think I ever did this in full, I'll just list all the crap I have. Since I just play rec and pickup hockey I don't have a complete setup anyhow. I have a weird make up of equipment, some of it being old and still in good shape.

I have an older HT2, and a 492 CCM helmet, along with an old Jofa, the model I can't remember. Looks a bit like the 690.

TPS Bionic, Easton Air, and old Cooper gloves, again the model has wore off on these but they are some of the best gloves I've ever used.

A couple Z-Bubbles, a couple V-Hex 2's, and about 6 old E-Flex's of varying age. I almost solely use Sher-Wood blades, and I have a Si-Core blade on one Z-Bubble.

Graf 709's, and Graf G35's that I scored for free from a rich and stupid family member. I have the 709's now setup for roller.

For the occasional time I play in full dress for ice or roller, I bought the set of cheap Sher-Wood 5030 trad. protective. It's small and light, my entire game is stickhandling and skating, I rarely even shoot or "mix it up" so to speak. I have a pair of Mission Wicked pants for roller.

Edited by cxo

I finally got every single piece of my old, smelly, play-it-again-special stuff replaced... yay for my car not smelling like the locker room at Oceanside Ice!!

Helmet: Black CCM 692 with an itech shield (the $30 one, whatever it's called)

Shoulders: RBK 9K. snug, light, protects my flimsy right shoulder, got it for super cheap.

Elbows: TPS FLEXOR!! They fit good and they sound like they'd be a cool name for a robot.

Gloves: Easton Air something-or-others, I don't remember the model. They're black, the back looks kinda square-ish and they have the little Wrist Wrap II thing that comes all the way out to the bottom of my elbow pads.

Pants: Hespeler GX Vintage -- padding where it counts, they fit like no other and they look super old-school. Gretzky wore 'em, 'nuff said.

Shins: Itech Techlite 255. The only pair of shinguards I've ever seen that actually fit all the way around my calves. I took the little removable pad out of the shin area and they feel sooooo gooooood.

Skates: CCM Tacks 492 for serious playing -- They feel good enough to sleep in. And some old Bauer Chargers for just putzing around because they weigh absolutely nothing and I can skate super low in them.

I use nothing but Sher-Wood woodies with the John LeClair pattern. I usually buy 2 or 3 at a time whenever I see them because I don't think they're being made anymore. :(

You do realize that the only models in the Supreme line that currently carry "ONE" label would be the 90s, right?

I thought that's only for skates?

Edited by mickz

I like to bond with my equipment :P Ever sleep in new gear before?

Can't say that I have. I've sat on the coach wearing new skate watching TV...but never slept in it.

:o i hope you didnt get benched

Since I haven't done an update in a few months:

Skates: Custom Mission S500

Helmet: Intake Fusion

Shoulder: Sherwood 5030

Elbow: Jofa 8025

Pants: Tackla girdle w/ team shell/MSH shell/stock shell depending on the situation

Shins: Itech 660

Gloves: Eagle CP94 coyote red nylon

Sticks: TPS R2 XN10 shafts w/TPS P31 comp blades

I like to bond with my equipment :P Ever sleep in new gear before?

Can't say that I have. I've sat on the coach wearing new skate watching TV...but never slept in it.

:o i hope you didnt get benched

*L* couch. *L*