Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbyun04

NHL '12

Be a pro needs a "trade me right Fu€k1|\|g now" option for those of us sad bastards who get drafted by the islanders

If only it didn't take two months of solid playing to get through a season- you could sim and go right to season two contracts.

I've been drafted by the Panthers three times and Nashville twice. Just save after the prospects game and keep reloading it until you get drafted by a decent club.

Be a pro needs a "trade me right Fu€k1|\|g now" option for those of us sad bastards who get drafted by the islanders

I love that I got picked up by the Islanders...didn't have to bother going to the AHL since their team is shit to begin with. Actually 6-2-2 so far in my season with the Isles.

My first BAP was drafted by Edmonton and I was sent down. I played for a while and wasn't happy so I started a new BAP. Drafted by Chicago the second time and was never sent down. The team was great; thrid line with Buf and Sharp, wasn't hard getting points. I wish there was a chemistry guage; I was moved to the second line and didn't produce as well, but was then moved up to line one.

It's a solid game, but a few tweaks are needed, especially online. Once they are addressed it'll be one of the most complete sports games ever.

If only it didn't take two months of solid playing to get through a season- you could sim and go right to season two contracts.

Please get a trade button or something. Plus, why am I forced to sign a 3 year deal? what If i want a one year? 90% of the team wont bet there the next year anyway. I dont want to be in buffalo for three years, I want to leave buffalo immediately, because in 09 I ended up on buffalo and of the four drafts Ive had I've ended up on Buffalo three times, and florida once. I even had a terrible game on purpose, got picked 28th...to Buffalo.

Definitely need a request a trade option. It'd be cool if you could be more involved in getting signed as well (including the ability to decline a contract with the team that drafted you.. then become a free agent and get picked up by another team or an AHl team... i donno)

Please get a trade button or something. Plus, why am I forced to sign a 3 year deal? what If i want a one year? 90% of the team wont bet there the next year anyway. I dont want to be in buffalo for three years, I want to leave buffalo immediately, because in 09 I ended up on buffalo and of the four drafts Ive had I've ended up on Buffalo three times, and florida once. I even had a terrible game on purpose, got picked 28th...to Buffalo.

"Players between the ages of 18 and 21 must sign "entry-level" contracts for their first three NHL seasons. Those aged 22-23 are entry-level players for two years, those aged 24 for a single year."

That's why you're there for 3 years. An 18 year old rookie can't sign a 1 year contract.

"Players between the ages of 18 and 21 must sign "entry-level" contracts for their first three NHL seasons. Those aged 22-23 are entry-level players for two years, those aged 24 for a single year."

That's why you're there for 3 years. An 18 year old rookie can't sign a 1 year contract.

interesting. So if I create a 24 year old I can sign for fewer years?

I suppose that depends on whether EA programmed that in to the game, but I think the game changes your age for Be a Pro. I know I have my birthdate set right in my game, but I'm pretty sure my player is 19, which is younger than me.

So I finally get drafted to a team that isnt buffalo...Calgary. I like it, Im good with being able to move up the ranks and have iginla on my wing at some point. I don't even mind that after 1 goal and 1 assist in 4 games, they send me down. Makes sense, thats not a lot of production. However, I would just like to point out...in those 4 games, the team scored 2 goals. considerring I was directly involved with both of those...I guess NHL did not work out the annoying issue where you as the Pro must carry your team offense to an absurd level. I mean we are talking about 4 games in which Jokinen, Iginla, Phaneuf, Bouwmeester, Regher, all had 0 points. Gimme a break.

I would guess that if you sit him on the bench its to see if his injury starts to feel better and he can play later in the game, though every time ive chosen to do that he just sits there ha! I did play kopitar with a wrist "sprain" and after the game it said he was going to be out 4-6 weeks with a broken wrist.

I would guess that if you sit him on the bench its to see if his injury starts to feel better and he can play later in the game, though every time ive chosen to do that he just sits there ha! I did play kopitar with a wrist "sprain" and after the game it said he was going to be out 4-6 weeks with a broken wrist.

They get attention from the med staff and you can re-active them if needed. You have to go into the team options menu and choose to re-active them. They'll then play and maybe get re-injured...

Anyone know if theres a bug in the +/- tracking for be-a-pro? My season stats show me at -248. My career is at -195.

edit: i think i just recently got an acheivement for being career +500

Sometimes with injured players they are sent to the hospital if you choose not to play them, other times they simply sit on the bench. I once had zetterberg out with a "back injury" and the trainer advised he sit out the rest of the game, so i did (i was winning so it didn't really matter) later on in the game i figured i'd throw him back in the lineup for a few shifts, but there was an ambulance logo next to his name, and he couldn't be put back into the lineup. Other times there is just a band-aid next to the player or whatever, in this case they can be reactivated and play in the rest of the game.

Anyone know what it does? I got dced from the first game I played with it so if thats what it does I dont like it :P

eh, i'm running 720p (or whatever) on a 37" LCD and i enjoy it.

im just saying if you have a old tv with tubes like i had, its easy to hate the game, once i got my flat screen, the gameplay changed dramaticly because i could see the hole ice