Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbyun04

NHL '12

Free online play, top-notch BRD, less crashing issues, and the cost has come down finally. PS3 is a no-brainer.

I would go PS3, I play the 360 but that is really because XBOX is king at my school and that's all anyone really has, and I am really into online play.

After adding the jersey code and updated every team's goal music I'm back to liking this game. I'd also go with the PS3 for the insane packages Best Buy offers with them as well as them not shitting the bed as much as Microsoft's products do.

Wow, EA has outdone itself in levels of bullshit. I borrowed my brother's NHL '10 and started dinking around with a GM season. Game froze during a save and had to turn off the 360, which is supposedly the biggest no-no to do whilst saving. GM file is corrupt, so I start another one. Happens again. I figure it's the 360 at this point since it's during a save, but apparently this is the worst game ever produced and no fix is in sight.

I think I'll enact a boycott of this series ever having another thread started on the boards here.

I was liking the game, but lately it's been pissing me off. a lot. I don't do online gaming with sports games, too prone to headaches in my experiences, so I've been doing Be a GM mode, and I have to say EA fucked this one up. I liked being able to go at my own speed in previous versions of the game, and now I have to trade top flight players to please the game, and that's just dumb. I want to be able to play a season with my team in tact, and make trades if they are necessary, not because they are mandatory. also, the catch up logic again is cheap and annoying. if you are up by a goal late in a game, chances are some duck of a shot from the blue line will rattle on your goalies pads as he flails about, and only come loose when a player from the other squad gets close. I wish they would stop creating this false adversity by making your players suddenly stupid and inept.

I'm happy with my 360 but if I were to buy a new system today it would be the PS3 due to the prices coming down to earth.

I was liking the game, but lately it's been pissing me off. a lot. I don't do online gaming with sports games, too prone to headaches in my experiences, so I've been doing Be a GM mode, and I have to say EA fucked this one up. I liked being able to go at my own speed in previous versions of the game, and now I have to trade top flight players to please the game, and that's just dumb. I want to be able to play a season with my team in tact, and make trades if they are necessary, not because they are mandatory. also, the catch up logic again is cheap and annoying. if you are up by a goal late in a game, chances are some duck of a shot from the blue line will rattle on your goalies pads as he flails about, and only come loose when a player from the other squad gets close. I wish they would stop creating this false adversity by making your players suddenly stupid and inept.

What is MAKING you trade players? I don't understand.

The GM tracker thing, I believe. I think you lose reputation points (or whatever it's called) for rejecting trades, no matter how retarded the offers are.

I just gain rep back by winning the cup, my rep went from like -30 to 100 by winning the cup two seasons in a row, screw their horrible trades ill take a few hits to my GM rep.

The GM tracker thing, I believe. I think you lose reputation points (or whatever it's called) for rejecting trades, no matter how retarded the offers are.

Ah, I understand now. i thought he meant the system actually forced him to make the trades regardless of wether he wanted to or not.

Yeah, it doesn't force you per se but it penalizes you, which is stupid. Like the poster above, I don't cave in to crappy trades and lose whatever points it takes. Well I would, if the damn thing didn't freeze up on me.

Maybe the freezing issue is punishment for taking advantage of their (once again) horrible trading system. I'd just sent Erat, Legwand and Thuresson to WSH for AO and Steckel. Hmmm.

Yeah some of the trades this game makes or proposes are just ridiculous. I'm nearing the trade deadline now, and I keep getting these terrible offers. 3rd liners and 5th rd. picks for one of my 1st/2nd liners and a 3rd rd. pick? And then my rep goes down with these guys because I won't accept their terrible trades. Another thing I hate about this game is there's no negotiation or ability to reject a trade. I want to be able to submit a trade, and then accept or deny it. I hate having to just play around and see what works. They should look at the trading system on EHM 07, I want something like that.

The only time my Be a GM has frozen is after I simulate a game. Sometimes the game summary at the end will just freeze and I can't do anything about it. Really frustrating when I simulate/play about 20 games, and haven't saved it lately.

So I started another one, this time with the Devils, and for shits and giggles I tried to get AO back. I sent them Elias, Pikkarainen and a 1st for AO and Gustafsson. They took it and I didn't save it because that's just unrealistic and karma is a bitch.

A question I have is what was the big update for? When I first turned it on I had to get an EA update for the game and the trades are no less shittier and the game started its freezing problem. EA Canada is the worst. I imagine their offices full of chimps like in the Career Builder commercials.

Edit: I did trade Martin for Komisarek and this is great. I'm simming games and winning them 2-1, 3-1, 1-0, etc. DEVILS HOCKEY. At least something in this game is realistic.

I hate this game so much. I can't buy a goal to save my god damn life. I was pretty good at NHL 09 (no I didn't do glitch shots), but this game just owns me non-stop. I can't tell you how many times I've had the CPU tie it up in the last minute on a cross crease pass after a solid minute of them in my zone, just raping me. They play keep away everytime they're in my zone. I'm not even on superstar either.

Off-topic a bit, but I'm looking for a version of NHL 2K10 to try out. I was reading a bit on the patch they put out, and it sounds pretty decent. I liked 2K9 a fair bit actually, the presentation is way better than EA's game. I think with some tweaking the 2K series could be really good.

I have to agree about this. I really do not like this game. I personally dont think its a position problem, more so a goalie god mode. I can get the puck moving fairly well, online and single player. The goalies stop ANYTHING except maybe a 2-on-1 or 2-on-0 with a pass. Your just wasting your time shooting it from outside the slot. Ive been on a breakaway about 20 times online and only once did I score. Ill upload my videos from nhl 09 on my ea account. I love the scoring on that game its WAY better. Also when your passing on this game every time ive been on a 2-on-0 or 2-on-1 when i try to make the pass it completely misses the guy, and im doing it in the right direction.

Im going to try and trade this game for a 2k version

I finally had to put my ego aside and step down to Pro from All-Star. It was way too easy on Pro, so I scaled it up with the difficulty slider. Some games I totally outplay the AI, and other times they're really close games. I always outshoot the AI though, sometimes 2-1. Regardless, they'll get weak goals because my team plays terrible defense, and they score cross creasers all day. I've found lately I pretty much just have to take one of my defenseman, never move him away from the crease, and just hammer away at the guy looking for the cross creaser. If I move one of them away to try and attack someone, the AI self destructs.

As far as me scoring goals, the majority of the time I have to resort to cross creasers and slapshots from the slot because that's just about all that works. I cycle, I get pointshots, rebounds, and I can't beat the goalies. If you tweak the goalie settings then they turn in to sieves. Maybe I'm just not as good at this game as I thought I was.

I did end up buying NHL 2K10 a few weeks ago. I think it's only $20 at Best Buy now. If you can look past some of it's shortcomings, it's not a bad game. You'll have to tweak the sliders a lot to get the game to your liking. Out of the box it's pretty terrible, but once you play around with the settings it feels better. The controls aren't as responsive as EA's, it's not as polished, there are some funky animations. But there's something about the game that's fun. I alternate between the two pretty regularly. You'll either love it or you'll hate it. I think most people that are used to NHL 10 will hate it right off the bat.

I've played so much that at first pro was okay for me, then i was winning games 10-0 and so on, so i played all star and i can win games on that 5-0 and some pretty medium one sided scores, but i cant play any higher then that. I just slide the difficulty up to around half.

I've actually been having a lot of fun with this game the last couple weeks in Season mode. For whatever reason, it's way, way more balanced than Be a Pro. The key for me is position lock (I put it on center), so it's like the best of both worlds.

I started a season with the Wild and it's amazing how closely I can get to the actual style of play they have this year (tons of cycling along the boards and behind the net, almost no goals scored on the rush).

Now if only Bouchard was healthy in real life and could play center...

WTF is with with AI GMs of the league? I started up a GM Mode with Anaheim and did the draft, building up a good core and all that. FA signing starts and I see (and sign) Turris, Boedker as well as quite a few of the top draft picks on the list of available players. EA Canada blows mule.