Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbyun04

NHL '12

New quick clip on disallowed goals. The hit looks pretty good, but I don't really like the bat-in while the guy's laying on the ice. The celebrations still look pretty stupid too.

that was a bullshit call.

Digging the tap in off the back. Love how the Reff came charging in after.

ye i like that ability to do it, realistic? maybe not but could happen and i guess thats where video games come in

Maybe we will be able to control the frequency of broken sticks and disallowed goals in the options menu.

Just like the sliders for penalties and other stuff

You know there's going to be some glitch where people can hack at your sticks and break them all game and not get called for a penalty or score goals that would normally be disallowed but due to an error will always be counted.

What's worse are the people who choose to exploit things like that... I can't stand them.

If you ever encounter cheaters, file your complaints.

I hope they get the Winter Classic venues in there..in exhibition mode you should be able to pick from the few that they've done so far. Even if its not the same teams. Just like the soccer games you can pick pitch type and night/day, ball style, etc.

Thats the thing I want most.

I hope they get the Winter Classic venues in there..in exhibition mode you should be able to pick from the few that they've done so far. Even if its not the same teams. Just like the soccer games you can pick pitch type and night/day, ball style, etc.

Thats the thing I want most.

Totally agree, if it's done right that could be an awesome feature.

Haha, it actually got overturned after review, so it was a 'good goal.'

awesome!!! I was being a stereotypical hockey fan, but this time I was actually right!

pics

Pinky stripe on the Pittsburgh warriors. Nice.

It was about damn time. And I hoped it's not the only team they fixed

It was about damn time. And I hoped it's not the only team they fixed

Will there finally be an ability to import BAP or Dynasty on the console version. I have been playing NHL 09 because I cannot do that.

hope they come up with some better names for fake players. I just got an offer for a "bruce kovalchuk".

I doubt it will happen. Likely what they are doing is just randomizing from the first and last name lists from the existing NHL rosters that are in the game. It would be too much work to make sure it's a "good name".

From a chat with producers today:

Demo drops 2:00 am PST on Aug 17th. (for xbox 360) PS3 is 1-5pm same day.

You will get a first look at HUT. What is included in HUT will be a starter pack, with a mix of prospects and some rare cards. You will get to play through an offline tournament. Each portion of the tournament bracket you get to play will be the 3rd period of the game. You win? you move on, you lose? you start from the beginning of the tourney.

We will also be including Battle for The Cup in the demo as well. Very similar to last year. It will be Chicago vs Philly, 3rd period of Game 7.

In case anyone is wondering, your demo HUT team is only for the demo and will not carry over when you buy NHL11. We will be releasing a blog later this week / weekend, outlining all demo info.

Here are some ways you can earn some free HUT packs through the demo. 1) Play the demo. 2) Win the HUT tourney in the demo 3) Invite a friend to the NHL11 demo. To be clear, you will NOT earn 2 packs if you play the demo and win the HUT tourney. You will either get 1 free pack for playing the demo, or 1 free pack for winning the tourney. So when you play the demo, you have an opportunity to get 2 free packs for your actual HUT team in N HL11

I have my copy on pre-order and am looking forward to it! I am looking most for the CHL teams - have to guide the Spitfires to a 3rd straight Memorial Cup afterall. :)

I am hoping the tweaks they add and stuff will enhance this game, although it is very great as is. Sure some things are a little goofy, but it is a game, and good entertainment. The broken stick thing sound cool. I wish they could have the linesmen come in when there is a fight - that would be a cool addition too!

One thing I have always wanted to see is the custom painted goalie masks. At least for the starting goalies or the bigger named ones.

NHL 96 or 97 had that :P

One thing I have always wanted to see is the custom painted goalie masks. At least for the starting goalies or the bigger named ones.

They have to acquire the rights for each individual mask and that's pricey.