Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

osurh18

Equipment Ideas that never made it

I think those are Ice Wheels

no....... the ice wheels had the hard centre strip, with the urethane either side...

I just dug up some old magazines (1995 or so), one issue of Roller Hockey Magazine and a magazine/program that I got at NARCH.

Pretty funny stuff. Brand new ads for the V form skates, tons of RHI stuff, brand new SURE GRIP carbon chassis, etc.

oh yes, the Sure Grip CF605, to surpass the H505 with it's non-voided construction and as opposed to the quad voided construction on the 405 complete with plastic rockering 405 spacers to compete with the Final Factor frame.

edit:It's funny how all those terms were the buzzwords and didn't mean a thing. I'm glad we're just on good aluminum, better aluminum and mag alloy now so it's not so much of a science project to just pick a frame and have it mounted

I also seem to remember a line of CCM gloves, either supra or tacks, that were just for roller hockey, with a layer of plastic over most of the foam padding.

There were the Rollerblade brand gloves like that. Hell the whole line of Rollerblade hockey gear. And the Fila skates. And the K2 skates that weighed a ton even then.

FRANKLIN roller hockey gear. (google Pro Beach Hockey for those beauties)

Fila skates, haha. Saw an ad for them in one of those mags.

Gretzky's equipment for roller hockey.

Volcanix wheels (not sure if its been mentioned) with the alu hubs. They used to make the most bizzare soudns sometimes when they would spin.

FRANKLIN roller hockey gear. (google Pro Beach Hockey for those beauties)

Fila skates, haha. Saw an ad for them in one of those mags.

Gretzky's equipment for roller hockey.

The franklin THT high end stuff was pretty good. I have never worn a pair of shin guards that fit as well as those. Best fastening system I have ever seen on shins in my opinion.

The H505 was the best constructed frame bar none and the last to have been made in the USA. The aluminum was top notch!

It's a shame the 605 was rushed to the market (long story here). :(

oh yes, the Sure Grip CF605, to surpass the H505 with it's non-voided construction and as opposed to the quad voided construction on the 405 complete with plastic rockering 405 spacers to compete with the Final Factor frame.

edit:It's funny how all those terms were the buzzwords and didn't mean a thing. I'm glad we're just on good aluminum, better aluminum and mag alloy now so it's not so much of a science project to just pick a frame and have it mounted

I was the odd duck that preferred the Final Factor frame to the Sure-Grip products. There was nothing better than rocking a $250 frame on a $75 TR8000 boot though, regardless of if it was Final Factor, Sure-Grip 505, Labeda Pro Extreme Edge or even the old Motor chassis despite their propensity to have the rectangle head of the axles snap off..

Riedell boots are another one that just couldn't last which is too bad, the TP Air (I think) with the Kangaroo leather lining was a sweet boot. Final products as a whole, Square wheels, Block Alternative pants to give something more than single striped Black Biscuits or double striped WSIs.

And then of course we get to the one-hit wonders of Todd Trickle who would make a killer line and move along to the next project. There was a guy here that had 4 or 5 E width feet and only Gear would make him a boot to accomodate.

Oh man, sure grip. I loved my 96 or so bauer 5000 boot with a sure grip 505 on it. The Kuzak frames were something that never made it though.

I also remember having sensors(I'm pretty sure I sold them on a vapor 8 boot to someone on here when the board first started). It was a problem at the time finding high end wheels in 76mm. Then the frame had a resurgence around the time I sold mine but never really "made it."

About VForms, I had a pair for the random time I played goal. I'm sure they effed up any floor I played on, but you just T-Push across the crease then go right down butterfly thanks to the plastic.

Sensor is the best frame set up ever. Mission technically owned the patent on it, but we never launched it due to Tour having it before us. The Vanguard was built with Sensor in mind.