Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aussie Joe

Dealing with moron team mates

Or for real excitement, go on the Jonas Brothers' youtube and trash talk them, there life choices, and there music quality. Expect lots of comments like "lyk omg! dere sew hawt it duznt matta! <3 th3m!". Music is defiantly something that some people get pretty offended with and take personal. And for the record, rap is music, just not very good music.

Or for real excitement, go on the Jonas Brothers' youtube and trash talk them, there life choices, and there music quality. Expect lots of comments like "lyk omg! dere sew hawt it duznt matta! <3 th3m!".

Hahaha I've done that. People literally flip shit lol

Or for real excitement, go on the Jonas Brothers' youtube and trash talk them, there life choices, and there music quality. Expect lots of comments like "lyk omg! dere sew hawt it duznt matta! <3 th3m!".

You guys really need to get out of the house a little more often.

so we had a little team drama recently, which resulted in one player getting removed from the team and refunded their regi money for both the upcoming season and the current spring season (pro rated). anyways, they exchanged a ton of emails and texts, which, for some reason i was included in... i got dragged into the middle of it. anyways, they swore each other off, promising to never talk to each other again... then about a week later, they're both in the same room for drop-in. i'm literally sitting in the middle of them, having TWO conversations, one with each of them, who are pretending like the other isnt there. they BOTH want me to play on their team. i end up playing with one of them (obviously) and during the session, they're both REALLY trying hard to play well (which is obvious in drop in). anyways, at the end, the dual conversations continue, as they battle for my attention... but here's where it gets funny:

one guy gets up and heads toward the door (typical room: door then stick wall, then walk around stick wall to enter room... the space between end of stick wall and wall isnt big enough for two people). i follow him, and the third person follows me. as the first guy gets to the door, he realized he forgot his helmet at his stall, he goes to head back and basically comes face to face with the other person in the corner of the wall, and they cant pass each other... chests almost touching as they try to squeeze past each other, bags in hand without making eye contact. i burst out laughing because the tension is so thick, and because of the obvious attempt to avoid each other.

later i spoke to both of them, and they both laughed at how awkward it was. totally highschool but hilarious from the outside looking in.

You kidding? What better excitement for a Friday night than starting pissing contests on someone's youtube comments?

Unfortunately I'm out of hockey right now with an injury so I do have a lot more spare time than I ever did. :(

But it is kind of fun to see how fed up people get over something said on the internet

Unfortunately I'm out of hockey right now with an injury so I do have a lot more spare time than I ever did. :(

But it is kind of fun to see how fed up people get over something said on the internet

Actually it's pathetic that some people find fun trying to ruin things for other people.

Actually it's pathetic that some people find fun trying to ruin things for other people.

More like its pathetic how people take things said on the internet so seriously

Ah yes, the good old deflect criticism of your behavior by saying that it pales in comparison to someone taking your behavior seriously.

Ah yes, the good old deflect criticism of your behavior by saying that it pales in comparison to someone taking your behavior seriously.

Deflecting criticism of my behavior? Didn't mean for it to come out that way. I was just saying that its pathetic that people get so fed up with things said on the internet

I think we found some of the said team mates.

Trip distance: 1411.20mi Time: 21 hrs 28 mins

That is one hell of a commute for an adult league hockey game.

You just aren't hard core enough, clearly. :P

->

Deflecting criticism of my behavior? Didn't mean for it to come out that way. I was just saying that its pathetic that people get so fed up with things said on the internet

You said it's pathetic people take trolls seriously. He said it's pathetic people enjoy trolling. You both can be right, except you're giving the pathetic trolls (you, yourself an admitted troll) a reason to keep doing it; you see how that works right? It's easy to go to an art gallery and say the artist is a total loser who shouldn't be allowed to huff paint fumes as a profession a second longer. It's harder to be that artist who's put themselves and their creative expression out there and not take trollish comments personally.

Basically you've just painted yourself as the perfect example of Gabriel's greater internet dickwad theory. You're not a bad person - you just act like one on the internet.

->

i love that commercial, lol

You said it's pathetic people take trolls seriously. He said it's pathetic people enjoy trolling. You both can be right, except you're giving the pathetic trolls (you, yourself an admitted troll) a reason to keep doing it; you see how that works right? It's easy to go to an art gallery and say the artist is a total loser who shouldn't be allowed to huff paint fumes as a profession a second longer. It's harder to be that artist who's put themselves and their creative expression out there and not take trollish comments personally.

Something being more difficult does not make it more right. Criticizing something does not make it more wrong. That painter could be painting pictures of naked mutiliated infants. The person criticizing it would look pretty "right" to most people.

Not commenting on the particulars here in this thread, just that things are rarely black and white....but many shades of grey.

Basically you've just painted yourself as the perfect example of Gabriel's greater internet dickwad theory. You're not a bad person - you just act like one on the internet.

I think that can apply to most people on the internet to varying degrees because of the anonymity. I found out last week that am not a bad person, but I am a massive dickwad on the internet. But I am taking MJ's advice, and starting with the man in the mirror. ;)

Something being more difficult does not make it more right. Criticizing something does not make it more wrong. That painter could be painting pictures of naked mutiliated infants. The person criticizing it would look pretty "right" to most people.

Not commenting on the particulars here in this thread, just that things are rarely black and white....but many shades of grey.

Mutilated infants.... wow. You are going to great lengths to find a way to defend insulting people and creative expressions. We're not talking about defending the rights of neo-nazi child rapist fiction writers to express themselves in a consequence free environment, we're talking about normal every day amateur creative expression. You know, the stuff in the middle between black and white. The "ur vid sucked cockbreath" youtube comments are not enlightened criticism, what it does do is discourage some people to abandon what otherwise could have been meaningful expression. It's not really that different than yelling at the beginners skating class hopeless losers with questionable sexuality. That's not a shade of grey, that's being an entire bag full of assholes.

I think that can apply to most people on the internet to varying degrees because of the anonymity. I found out last week that am not a bad person, but I am a massive dickwad on the internet. But I am taking MJ's advice, and starting with the man in the mirror. ;)

You mean something similar to the most famous picture from Vietnam, a naked little girl running down the street with severe burns? Something along those lines.

Mutilated infants.... wow. You are going to great lengths to find a way to defend insulting people and creative expressions. We're not talking about defending the rights of neo-nazi child rapist fiction writers to express themselves in a consequence free environment, we're talking about normal every day amateur creative expression. You know, the stuff in the middle between black and white. The "ur vid sucked cockbreath" youtube comments are not enlightened criticism, what it does do is discourage some people to abandon what otherwise could have been meaningful expression. It's not really that different than yelling at the beginners skating class hopeless losers with questionable sexuality. That's not a shade of grey, that's being an entire bag full of assholes.

Im not defending anyone here. Just pointing out that your example does nothing to support your position, as it can easily be interpreted both ways.

I also pointed out that implying something being more difficult to do somehow makes it more right.

Sometimes criticism may seem necessary, and sometimes not. It is all a matter of opinion and interpretation. I may agree with you that the "troll"'s actions were uneccesary and mean-spirited....I just didnt agree with your generalized extrapolation to criticism of artists.

No offense to you. You are certainly entitled to your opinion.

Guys, guys we are all looking too much into this. Me and Leafsrule are both teenagers keep in mind. So we went on the JB video and I guess "trolled" it before. We didn't do it to just go in and be assholes. We did it for a laugh, because people get so fired up about a couple of wise cracks over thier favorite band. It's no different than telling a Pens fan that Crosby is a bad hockey player. It is not true, but the fan will go crazy if you say that. It is more out of a joke than anything.

You mean something similar to the most famous picture from Vietnam, a naked little girl running down the street with severe burns? Something along those lines.

No. I wasnt talking about anything or anyone in particular. All art, and the criticism levied against it are subjective. I was only pointing out the example he used to support his position could very easily be used against it.

In fact, your example illustrates it perfectly. One could praise the picture of a naked and napalm burned child as good, as it brought awareness to an issue, and captured an intense moment in time and history. Yet another very valid criticism is that it was a child in a moment of pain and horror, being used to further a political agenda.

I am by no means saying I subscribe to either of those viewpoints. Only that Art is not always good and criticism is not always bad. In fact, those terms, good and bad, really shouldnt be used unless describing your own subjective opinion.

Again, I am not commenting directly on the troll/jonas brothers thing....just about the generalization.

I really dont want this all to come across as confrontational or antagonistic. Just adding my views to the conversation.

Guys, guys we are all looking too much into this. Me and Leafsrule are both teenagers keep in mind. So we went on the JB video and I guess "trolled" it before. We didn't do it to just go in and be assholes. We did it for a laugh, because people get so fired up about a couple of wise cracks over thier favorite band. It's no different than telling a Pens fan that Crosby is a bad hockey player. It is not true, but the fan will go crazy if you say that. It is more out of a joke than anything.

Doing it for a laugh is exactly what makes you the assholes in this scenario.