Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GBX2006

Why MASS sucks

Living in Mass sucks because you can't find a decent place to buy high end roller blades. I needed to buy some and I ended up going with the CCM 08, but only got to size them from whatever crappy CCM's hockey stores carried around here. Turns out these skates suck in my opinion, I'll give you that I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to what skates I wear, but I can't get used to using these things now coming from skating in one95's on ice. Point being, I'm now I'm stuck with $300 dollar rollerblades that I hate, and are breaking my ankles. It sucks.

Mass sucks because there's all of two places to play roller. But, yeah, f*k the fact we actually have smart LHS' that carry skates proportional to the popularity of the game.

You would at least think that shops within a 2 mile radius of the inline rinks would have options... Pure Hockey Braintree is 10 minutes from the Holbrook Sports Center. They carry a ton of inline pants, girdles... no skate selection. Same goes for the inline league upstairs at Hockeytown..

Don't get me wrong, I don't really think MA sucks, I love it here and hockey is great in this state, but to have absolutely no option to buy high end roller blades in the state is crazy to me. I'm just pissed because in retrospect I probably would have been better off converting my one95's while I'm playing roller.

Why don't you just convert ONE95s skate of choice to inlines and be done with it?

i agree and assume that JR has more knowledge as to your use of Bauer as opposed to other brands

git 'r done!!

atleast you HAVE a hockey store near you. the closest hockey store is 3 hours away and it still sucks. im pretty sure theres only 2 shops in NC

Don't get me wrong, I don't really think MA sucks, I love it here and hockey is great in this state, but to have absolutely no option to buy high end roller blades in the state is crazy to me. I'm just pissed because in retrospect I probably would have been better off converting my one95's while I'm playing roller.

Thats what I ended up doing and never looked back. You just can't go from a high end ice skate to a low end roller hockey skate and still skate right.

That is just a VERY small portion of why MA sucks.

The Black Rose does help make up for some of it though.

That is just a VERY small portion of why MA sucks.

The Black Rose does help make up for some of it though.

That, and a few other establishments make it tolerable....

Living in Mass sucks because you can't find a decent place to buy high end roller blades. I needed to buy some and I ended up going with the CCM 08, but only got to size them from whatever crappy CCM's hockey stores carried around here. Turns out these skates suck in my opinion, I'll give you that I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to what skates I wear, but I can't get used to using these things now coming from skating in one95's on ice. Point being, I'm now I'm stuck with $300 dollar rollerblades that I hate, and are breaking my ankles. It sucks.

Where in MA, particularly metro Boston area, do you go to buy roller wheels?! Are there any roller-specific stores at all, or do you just settle with what the ice hockey retailers (i.e. Pure Hockey) carry for roller? Online is obviously an option, but it'd be nice to buy in-store if possible. I'd appreciate any feedback, thanks.

Where in MA, particularly metro Boston area, do you go to buy roller wheels?! Are there any roller-specific stores at all, or do you just settle with what the ice hockey retailers (i.e. Pure Hockey) carry for roller? Online is obviously an option, but it'd be nice to buy in-store if possible. I'd appreciate any feedback, thanks.

Google Holbrook Sports center and give them a call. If you don't mind rinkrat wheels that place should have you covered.

haha dude trust me your better of living there then you are in australia...we have to pay $110 for a no named composting hockey stick....not to mention 60 bucks for there cheapest WOOD stick. bauer supreme one35 or some rubbish

Bauers RX60's cost $1000 and some with missions top of the line skate

Brands like CCM and rebook ant even sold down here

There is some store in Melbourne i think it is that wants $599 for an easton SE16