Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

Bruins 2009-2010

Rask just turned 23 years old. He has some more maturing to do but I would say he has the components to possibly become a very good goaltender for many years for the Bruins. They would be wise to keep him around for the long haul barring some catastrophe.

Rask isn't going anywhere and I think the B's would be wise to keep Thomas around for at least well into the next season, just to be sure Rask can handle the load.

Rask isn't going anywhere and I think the B's would be wise to keep Thomas around for at least well into the next season, just to be sure Rask can handle the load.

Thomas isn't going anywhere unless they find some goalie depth in there system. Kevin Regan & Dany Sabourin certainly aren't capable of backing up Rask.

It struck me last night that Lucic is finally beginning to resemble the player from last year. Hopefully, this doesn't turn out to be a three-game teaser.

Bruin's sign Ference

They sign him to a three-year contract extension worth $2.25 million per season.

This makes little sense IMO. He's a decent defenseman but the last two seasons he can't stay healthy. I know they don't have a lot of depth on the blueline in their system but I think they could ve done better in the off season with a trade or free agency.

Bruin's sign Ference

They sign him to a three-year contract extension worth $2.25 million per season.

This makes little sense IMO. He's a decent defenseman but the last two seasons he can't stay healthy. I know they don't have a lot of depth on the blueline in their system but I think they could ve done better in the off season with a trade or free agency.

Who could they get in free agency for that much that would be better?

Who could they get in free agency for that much that would be better?

I would've rather see them extend Seidenberg before Ference. Plus if he isn't healthy what good is he.

I would've rather see them extend Seidenberg before Ference.

If they could extend him for similar money, that's not a bad signing.

I almost think I would rather see them miss the playoffs.

It is really painful to watch the same thing night in & night out.

Chiarelli has a lot of work to do in the off season. My guess he will try & move Thomas. Then cross his fingers & hope someone will take either Wideman or Ryder off his hands. Chiarelli must be praying Toronto finishes second to last. Although with there luck they will move down in the draft lottery.

Chiarelli has a lot of work to do in the off season. My guess he will try & move Thomas.

If the caps playoffs flame out because of goaltending, I wouldn't be surprised to see them go at Thomas. The caps and Bruins have a trading history together (Oates, Gonchar, Nylander etc)

If the caps playoffs flame out because of goaltending, I wouldn't be surprised to see them go at Thomas. The caps and Bruins have a trading history together (Oates, Gonchar, Nylander etc)

Thomas was great last year, not so much this year. At the salary he earns he will be very difficult to move.

Yea.... Id rather not have Thomas on the Caps. Id take Theo/Varly over Thomas at this point. Then again, he could just be having a bad year and be amazing next year. But either way, I don't think Theo has played poorly at all this season. I think hes the starter for the playoffs.

I think part of Thomas' problem this season is how hard the B's rode him last season. I've always said Thomas performs best in a tandem role and isn't a Brodeur/Luongo kind of guy that can go 65-70 games. I still wonder if he isn't battling some of the ailments that hindered him early in the season. Goalies get exposed when they're trying to protect or compensate for an injury.

I think part of Thomas' problem this season is how hard the B's rode him last season. I've always said Thomas performs best in a tandem role and isn't a Brodeur/Luongo kind of guy that can go 65-70 games. I still wonder if he isn't battling some of the ailments that hindered him early in the season. Goalies get exposed when they're trying to protect or compensate for an injury.

Did he have some kind of injury early on in the season?

Thomas was great last year, not so much this year. At the salary he earns he will be very difficult to move.

Plus he has a no trade clause. He isn't going anywhere unless he wants to go.

The inability of the Bruins to score goals this year has really hurt Thomas. Last year if he let up a couple soft ones the team more than made up for it. He certainly hasn't played as well as last year but he hasn't been the Bruins problem.

I've been scoreboard watching to see how well the Leafs are protecting our pick.

I believe whenever two teams have the same number of points, the team with more wins will be seeded higher. If that is correct, then we need the Panthers and Lightning to split against each other; that would give them both 76 points and 32 wins, which Toronto would not be able to beat. However, if either of those teams loses its final three games, I believe all we'd need is for Toronto to lose one of its remaining games against the Rangers or Habs. Losing both would be better, of course.

At that point, the worst the B's would pick would be third in the draft, with around an 18% chance of getting the top pick.

Is this correct?

I'm not sure on the percentage of getting the number 1 pick but I believe the system does work that the worst you can fall in the lottery is one slot.

Only spots 1-5 have a chance at the 1st pick. So if your 4th and the 7th place team wins the lotto, they move to 3 bumping the 4th place team to the 5th pick.

Here is what i found from NHL.com

Current ------------- PERCENTAGES OF -------------

Draft Pos. If Selected Winning Getting 1st Dropping Not Dropping

1 Retain 1st pick 25.0% 48.2% 51.8% 48.2%

2 2nd to 1st 18.8% 18.8% 39.2% 60.8%

3 3rd to 1st 14.2% 14.2% 29.7% 70.3%

4 4th to 1st 10.7% 10.7% 22.6% 77.4%

5 5th to 1st 8.1% 8.1% 17.2% 82.8%

6 6th to 2nd 6.2% 0.0% 13.1% 86.9%

7 7th to 3rd 4.7% 0.0% 9.9% 90.1%

8 8th to 4th 3.6% 0.0% 7.4% 92.6%

9 9th to 5th 2.7% 0.0% 5.5% 94.5%

10 10th to 6th 2.1% 0.0% 3.9% 96.1%

11 11th to 7th 1.5% 0.0% 2.4% 97.6%

12 12th to 8th 1.1% 0.0% 1.3% 98.7%

13 13th to 9th 0.8% 0.0% 0.5% 99.5%

14 14th to 10th 0.5% 0.0% 0.0% 100.0

Blah. I spent a while getting the spacing right in the editor but it didn't work.

Check this out instead. http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=524356

With the Rangers beating Toronto tonight that leaves the Leafs 2 pts in back of Florida & Tampa with one game to go. All we need is for Tampa & Florida to each get 1 more point & Toronto will finish second worst in the league. They both have 3 games left.

With the Rangers beating Toronto tonight that leaves the Leafs 2 pts in back of Florida & Tampa with one game to go. All we need is for Tampa & Florida to each get 1 more point & Toronto will finish second worst in the league. They both have 3 games left.

The Leafs have one game left, and even if they win that one they would only tie the Panthers and Lightning points wise, given both teams lose in regulation, but the Panthers and Lightning would still hold the tiebreaker due to more wins. So yeah, the Leafs "clinched" 2nd worst overall, and Bruins fans can now speculate over whether they should take Taylor or Tyler, or what kind of a player the 2nd overall pick can gander on the trade market.

The B's have some cap issues, I believe, so they would be hard pressed to turn the pick into anyone who would be worth it. Their best bet is to hope one of those top two kids makes an instant impact.