Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lkool

2008 Easton Synergy Elite Tapered Shaft

Have you ever used one of these shafts?

I can't find any online stores that have any left so they must have been popular.

I am assuming the SE16 shaft is the replacement to this?

So what does the SE16 stand for? how does this compare to the synergy st ? What is the difference?

ST = durability/mid weight (by no means heavy)

SE16 = performance/low weight

no idea what the SE16 stands for tho

just venturing a guess here..... Synergy Elite 16?

Yea the Synergy Elite is as obvious and even a bit redundant but the 16 is curious to me at least.

just venturing a guess here..... Synergy Elite 16?

Yea the Synergy Elite is as obvious and even a bit redundant but the 16 is curious to me at least.

16= the number of skates it will last?

It's just their numerical designation to let you know what level it falls on in their product line. The 16 is better then the 6 or 4, and similar in level to the S17, for example. It's just an arbitrary numbering system. The Next Synergy stick will be the SE18, and we've already seen the new S19 in the stealth line.

It's just their numerical designation to let you know what level it falls on in their product line. The 16 is better then the 6 or 4, and similar in level to the S17, for example. It's just an arbitrary numbering system. The Next Synergy stick will be the SE18, and we've already seen the new S19 in the stealth line.

I'd just like to go on the record that naming one series the "S" and one the "SE" is a bad job by the marketing folks. I know they want to leverage the Synergy and Stealth brands, but S and SE seems to be way too confusing for the average hockey player.

I'd just like to go on the record that naming one series the "S" and one the "SE" is a bad job by the marketing folks. I know they want to leverage the Synergy and Stealth brands, but S and SE seems to be way too confusing for the average hockey player.

I agree but hey, it "sounds cool". BTW, has anyone found any real differences in the se16 and se?

I have a SE grip shaft with a synthesis blade (chipped on the heel first skate with it :angry: ). I got it with the blade for $99CDN, so got a good deal on it. I like it, but not love it. It is my first venture into a tapered shaft/blade 2 pc set up. I want to try it with a SE16 blade though, but damn they are expensive!

Well, the shaft is around that alone, but that blade is more or less worthless. Horrible durability and 3 generations old- they've had the Synergy II, the SE, and the SE16 since then. The shop probably just wanted the blade gone.

As for the SE16 blade, that's normal for a tapered blade. $60 US is pretty much the standard. If you're a lefty get a mission or Dolo prostock from monkey.

Unfortunately, I am RH. I have looked online for good tapered blades, but all good deals are for lefties..... Which I always wondered - are the majority of sticks/blades made for LH, or are the RH more common, therefore harder to keep in stock?

most righties are taught to shoot left, top hand is dominant and is usually have more control blah blah, so there's generally more lefty selections....but its becoming more common for righties to shoot right (like myself)

Unfortunately, I am RH. I have looked online for good tapered blades, but all good deals are for lefties..... Which I always wondered - are the majority of sticks/blades made for LH, or are the RH more common, therefore harder to keep in stock?

The synergy elite and the SE16 is exactly the same thing, just with a different paintjob (im pretty sure). And I love my se16, it's awesome!

What about the difference between the Synergy II and the Synergy Elite shafts?

Synthesis >> Synergy II >> Elite >> SE16

barring differences like shaft shape, and the advancing technology they're all basically the same - tapered shaft

also, i saw somewhere on Easton's site that the Synergy has been around for 16 years (?) so maybe that's where the '16' in SE16 comes from

barring differences like shaft shape, and the advancing technology they're all basically the same - tapered shaft

Actually I'm specifically asking about those very differences you mentioned (add in weight, construction, feel, performance, etc.) between the Syn II and the Elite.

also, i saw somewhere on Easton's site that the Synergy has been around for 16 years (?) so maybe that's where the '16' in SE16 comes from

T-Flex>>Synthesis >> Synergy II >> Elite >> SE16

i have 2 easton se senior shafts (that used to be a one pieces)cut to take standard blades (tight fit).

i have a wooden sakic blade with a modded curve to look like samsonovs curve.

love the sticks. amazingly light, very good feel for the puck, pretty durable as a 2 piece as well so far...

hope that helps.

since the synthesis the weight has been the same in both grip and non grip models 300, and 305 grams i beleive. nothing has changed minus the graphics, much like warrior. which explains why they still charge 100+ for the 6 year old synthesis at peranis... because its the same exact thing. but im not complaining possibly the best tapered shaft i have used

since the synthesis the weight has been the same in both grip and non grip models 300, and 305 grams i beleive. nothing has changed minus the graphics, much like warrior. which explains why they still charge 100+ for the 6 year old synthesis at peranis... because its the same exact thing. but im not complaining possibly the best tapered shaft i have used

Well I've had a synthesis and two synergy two shafts. They were all different. My later Syn II shaft was boxier than the first year model. Both Synergy IIs were lighter than the Synthesis. So I am guessing there is some differences between the Synergy II and Synergy Elite shafts as well in terms of shaft feel and dimensions, as well as weight and construction. But I am sort of giving up because no one seems to be able to give me specific answers to these questions. There's a $20 difference between the Syn II and Elite shafts I am looking at for my friend, so it's really not that big of a deal.

Can anyone comment on the durability of the SE16 replacement blade and the balance of it in the se16 shaft? Been using the p92 but its slightly too high of a lie for me and my old se grip sakic was just right. Sorry if this was kind of a hijack.