Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Accord

Are you a righty or a lefty?

Are you a righty or a lefty?  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I believe in the dominant hand theory when it comes to hockey sticks so there is nothing wrong with writing with your opposite hand...

That's true JR...For hockey, your writting hand should be on the top of the stick.

For those who are left, your suppose to write with you right hands and for those who are right, it's the opposite.

I shoot left, write with my right, pitch the ball with my right, all the swing are left(Golf, Baseball,etc)

"I'd give my right arm to be Ambidextrous...."

One of my favorite jokes of all time.

not as good as...

Basketball player Chris Washburn, commenting on his ability to drive to the basket, "Yeah, I can go to my right and my left. That's because I'm amphibious."

"I'd give my right arm to be Ambidextrous...."

One of my favorite jokes of all time.

not as good as...

Basketball player Chris Washburn, commenting on his ability to drive to the basket, "Yeah, I can go to my right and my left. That's because I'm amphibious."

Excellent University of Michigan education at work

you say the more coordinated hand on top(i'm a righty in everything)

but i've been more coordinated with my left hand my entire life. Wouldnt that mean in baseball I use my left hand because it is more coordinated to catch the ball. and as a hockey goaltender? then shouldnt my left hand be on the top of the stick?

I dont really get it.

No...you can catch with both hands but you don't throw with both. You throw with the more coordinated one.

The top hand guides the stick while stickhandling.

but i think it's more personal....I cant catch at all with my right hand...

Right hand: can throw, not catch

Left hand: can't throw, can catch

If someone threw you a ball, you're telling me you can't catch it with your right hand?

You're looking WAYYYYYY into this. The hand you write/throw with is your dominant hand.

I wouldn't say that. I do everything left handed except play hockey and golf, and I can write both ways. Literally everything else I do left handed, so I would probably say my left hand is more dominant.

I wouldn't say that. I do everything left handed except play hockey and golf, and I can write both ways. Literally everything else I do left handed, so I would probably say my left hand is more dominant.

So you actually agree..you are dominant with the left hand and shoot right for hockey if I understand you.

Interesting to see the dominant hand theory in here..I agree entirely and have taught it that way for years....but am always amazed at the current shortage of left hand shooters that I see in USA hockey(not an official study..just an observation on the teams I have coached and watched play down here for years). In Canada you used to have the reverse..a predominace of left hand shots and fewer right hand shots)...must be the theory in practice.

Um...yeah...

If you shoot RH your left hand is on top...

i know a lot of people who's parents forced them to write with their right hand even thought they are naturally left handed and that has made them totally uncoordinated because they try to do everything with the wrong side of their body

i know a lot of people who's parents forced them to write with their right hand even thought they are naturally left handed and that has made them totally uncoordinated because they try to do everything with the wrong side of their body

How many people do you know like this? Aren't only 1 in 9 people left handed to begin with?

I shoot left, bat left and do everything else I can think of on the right.

I dunno, I throw anything over the size of a baseball lefty and a baseball righty.  Just geared that way.

...That has to be one of the strangest things I have ever heard.

I do just about everything righty, except batting (switch hitter).

If someone threw you a ball, you're telling me you can't catch it with your right hand?

You're looking WAYYYYYY into this. The hand you write/throw with is your dominant hand.

actually JR, I'm right-handed for hockey and left-handed in writing (that's logic)

BUT I can't throw with my left hand, have to do it with my right one... :rolleyes:

Yeah I know, I'm weird :P