Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

houk

breakaway help

I agree with all the guys here, they know exacly what they are talking about :D

One move that almost always works, if u practice it anough.

At first it looks like your going fouhand back-hand then shelf, but u make a third moove back to your foor hand and by the time you do that u have a open net becose the goalie is way out of position.

Hope it helps

Jordan

Also, try to stop at the goal. If you didn't score the first time you'll have more time to put the rebound in if you stop at the goal instead of coasting away.

Never a bad idea. One of my fave things to do as a lefty in limited space, coming from a hard angle on the left side, is to stay forehand all the way, then dink a backhand off the pillows and tap in a rebound.

At first it looks like your going fouhand back-hand then shelf, but u make a third moove back to your foor hand and by the time you do that u have a open net becose the goalie is way out of position.

me fale inglish? thats unpossible.

me fale inglish? thats unpossible.

What did you say?

i try to fake the shot then quickly turn to my forhand and put it 5 hole. by moving to t id after the goalie is down he always lifts up his leg. im probably 80-90 percent on it

If you're a lefty a shot low blocker should always be your go to move. Just like the Jussi video earlier if you hit the spot about a foot off the ice just inside the post it works damn near every time. There is a hole there that goalies at all levels have trouble with, if you're a righty it only works on wrong-handed goalies.

Had a good breakaway last week, killing a penalty, I'm a defenseman, everyone's standing still so I skate by them down the left board, come up on the goalie, remembered to make my move at the circles, BAM he poke checks it right off the stick! Don't see that happen very often at my level. Had to give him credit for that one.

Now, I'm hardly playing high level hockey...but I find I have the best success at breakaways when I decide what I'm going to do and not deviate...if I get the puck at center and take off...and I'm still trying to decide on a move (from my repitoire of 3 *L*) at the top of the circle...I'm screwed...

If I get the puck and decide "5 hole...no matter what HE does" I tend to have better results.

If I get the puck and decide "5 hole...no matter what HE does" I tend to have better results.

Mike is copying this down for the next MSH game.

If I get the puck and decide "5 hole (for example)...no matter what HE does" I tend to have better results.

Now you gotta guess what my other 2 moves are *L*

If I get the puck and decide "5 hole (for example)...no matter what HE does" I tend to have better results.

Now you gotta guess what my other 2 moves are *L*

My "move" is to just close my eyes and shoot harder.

I'm having trouble as well. I used to be amazing at breakaways and always managed to somehow deke the goalie out of position and slip it by. Now, I'm having trouble so I'm going back to shooting the puck more. If you get to many ideas at one time during breakaways, i would have try to develop one set breakaway that works best for me and practice it till its engraved in your brain. then when time comes, you'll know exactly what to do. For me, my got to move is deke alot, fake forehand, go five hole backhand. works like 65%.

You guys are way overthinking this... :P

Shoot first and ask questions later. Shoot for the most obviously exposed area that is the easiest target to hit, until you happen to run into a goalie who can stop that, then move onto the next target. If he stops that, throw in a convincingly open-stick fake then a shot to net that opens up accordingly. If and only if a goalie proves capable of reading the shots and resisting the fakes should you even consider dekeing.

Excessive dekeing is like a goalie who uses fake poke-checks, angle-baiting or premature knee-drops to throw off a shooter who isn't even looking, or who doesn't have the hockey sense to be meaningfully influenced by them. It's a sucker's game unless both sides know what they're doing.

Not so fast. He could be making use of what they call "disinformation" in the spy trade.

Mike and Oyk and I are purely on MSH for counterintelligence purposes - we're with the G.I.A.

Hey Guys

Need some advice here. I've been having some problems with my breakaways. I'm one of the faster guys on the team so each game I get about 1 or 2 breakaways. I find that I'm getting really frazzled and over thinking my dekes on the goalie. I always end up too close to the goalie and can't finish my deke or I absolutely flub it.

What do you guys suggest to help cure the yips

I didn't read the whole thread but something that helped me was to practice a couple different breakaway moves so I knew what I was gonna do when I got there & not thinking about it on the way. I have two go to moves, one on the forehand, one on the backhand.

I have one move that I use when I'm skating directly at the goalie. I'm a right hand shot so just before the hash marks I will actually turn and start skating backwards..kinda.. so that it looks like I'm going to take a backhand shot and either do one of two things. Take the backhand through the 5 hole or switch my skating back and take the forehand shot to the roof. I saw Nik Hagman do it but he slams on the breaks and goes top shelf backhand. I try to keep stride.

Typically i switch it up between shooting and dekeing but if I have alot of speed I make really small moves quickly untill the goalie gets backed up deep in the net then just make a big move forehand or backhand and roof it works all the time

I scored last night doing the moved I talked about above except I went high blocker side(goalies right side) instead of 5-hole. When you switch skating stances in stride I believe this really gets the goalie thinking because this works almost everytime for me. I'm gonna try it on him again next time we play, but I'm going to switch back to the forehand and see if I can get him that way. He will be thinking I'm going backhand I hope.

I also scored on another deke by covering up the puck, putting my blade in front of the puck for a second, then faking forehand backhand to the top shelf. It's a little move that seems to help me with that classic forehand to backhand deke that I can never seem to score on....without hiding the puck.

I scored last night doing the moved I talked about above except I went high blocker side(goalies right side) instead of 5-hole. When you switch skating stances in stride I believe this really gets the goalie thinking because this works almost everytime for me. I'm gonna try it on him again next time we play, but I'm going to switch back to the forehand and see if I can get him that way. He will be thinking I'm going backhand I hope.

I also scored on another deke by covering up the puck, putting my blade in front of the puck for a second, then faking forehand backhand to the top shelf. It's a little move that seems to help me with that classic forehand to backhand deke that I can never seem to score on....without hiding the puck.

Lets hope he's not an MSHer!! :laugh: