Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

raoul_duke2k

Tackla Air 9000 pants - opinions?

Relatively light, though I don't have experience w/ the "latest and greatest" pants from the big manufacturers. Fit is a tighter and less bulky than other pants I've used. I wore some Tacklas from H.S. and they finally became too small so I went to a pair of Synergy 700s a few years ago. That lasted one skate...they were heavy and just too bulky. Lots of protection but not for me.

Went back to Tacklas and I'll never look back...not bulky but still very protective. Three years of use and mine still look great. No rips or fraying anywhere...holding up strong...hell I'd still be wearing my original pair from 10+ years ago if I didn't put on a "few" pounds.

They are a pretty good pant. I just switched to Eagle X88s after wearing my pair for several years. My model was made in Thailand and lacked zippers. They are still in good shape; I just couldn't pass up a decent price on a Canadian-made +1" pant (in a similar fit) since stock pants have always been short on me.

They fit tightly around the hips and waist (when fit properly), but there's no lack of mobility. The protection is sufficient without being bulky. I think the tailbone protection might be a little light, but it was never an issue for me. They're also fairly light overall. It was night and day coming from an x52 era CCM pant to the Tacklas.

They are a pretty good pant. I just switched to Eagle X88s after wearing my pair for several years. My model was made in Thailand and lacked zippers. They are still in good shape; I just couldn't pass up a decent price on a Canadian-made +1" pant (in a similar fit) since stock pants have always been short on me.

They fit tightly around the hips and waist (when fit properly), but there's no lack of mobility. The protection is sufficient without being bulky. I think the tailbone protection might be a little light, but it was never an issue for me. They're also fairly light overall. It was night and day coming from an x52 era CCM pant to the Tacklas.

I have the Thai-made 9000 with zippers, it was only a couple bucks extra at the time and they're great. Snug at the waist and hips but tons of room in the legs and I have thick legs. As for a CCM comparison, only the 520 series is comparable to top end Tacklas and they are most similar to the 5000.

My high school team still issues them. Even though mine are too big for me, they're really nice. Durable, light, not bulky, protective. I would definitely recommend them.

if you consider how you normally fall, trip, get knocked down that you will realize you land on your tailbone very rarely. its almost always the hips, knees and elbows that hit the ice. i thought the same thing when i bought my air 9000 a couple years ago but i still have not landed flat on my butt. i only play beer league though with minimal body checking.

The 9000 is one of the best pants in hockey IMHO. I have the 5000 Airs and they are one of the the best hockey pants I've ever owned. Their flexable and overall very good protection. I'm especially impressed with the hip protection which I don't think most other manufacturers can match. I highly recommend Tackla pants.

I'm looking to buy some new hockey pants (when I can afford it, we'll see when that is) and I've always heard good things about Tacklas, I'm specifically looking for pants with better padding in the butt - not on the tailbone, but on the back/side of my butt (kind of at a 45 degree angle to my tailbone, if that makes any sense). Would these be a good choice?

I'm looking to buy some new hockey pants (when I can afford it, we'll see when that is) and I've always heard good things about Tacklas, I'm specifically looking for pants with better padding in the butt - not on the tailbone, but on the back/side of my butt (kind of at a 45 degree angle to my tailbone, if that makes any sense). Would these be a good choice?

No.

I've never had any issues with rear end protection when it comes to my 9000z's

Nor have I, but the only time I'm on my butt is when I'm on the bench.

Tackla's have good tailbone protection and durability as well. You can also buy them in short size or long size which are 2 inches ( 5.08 cm) longer on the legs. Again I highly recommend Tacklas.

I honestly think the tailbone is the one area they skimped out on with the 9000s. I wish I bought a size down. One word of warning is for some reason Tacklas have the worst monetary depreciation of any gear outside of Mission so really make sure you like em before you buy em.

I've never had any issues with rear end protection when it comes to my 9000z's

Nor have I, but the only time I'm on my butt is when I'm on the bench.

:lol:

I honestly think the tailbone is the one area they skimped out on with the 9000s. I wish I bought a size down. One word of warning is for some reason Tacklas have the worst monetary depreciation of any gear outside of Mission so really make sure you like em before you buy em.

Why? Tackla's generally are the best pants out there. All the well-funded HS teams around here sport Tackla pants.

Yeah, well try reselling them even if they have under a dozen uses on them.... You'd be lucky to get $40usd for a pair of llightly used 9000s, $60 new. Believe me on this.... I think it is a mix of the market being saturated with new and old tackla pants, a finite demand, and the asian ones floating around.

Yeah, well try reselling them even if they have under a dozen uses on them.... You'd be lucky to get $40usd for a pair of llightly used 9000s, $60 new. Believe me on this.... I think it is a mix of the market being saturated with new and old tackla pants, a finite demand, and the asian ones floating around.

They generally last forever and demand isn't as high as it is for better marketed brands. When was the last time you saw a Tackla ad in the USA Hockey magazine?

It's not a car for Pete's Sake...how many people buy hockey equipment with resale value in mind.

Anything you've "lightly" used, you've "lightly" sweated in...IMO a sharp drop in resale value is justified.

It's not a car for Pete's Sake...how many people buy hockey equipment with resale value in mind.

Anything you've "lightly" used, you've "lightly" sweated in...IMO a sharp drop in resale value is justified.

+1 You'll never get what you want for an item at Play it Again Sports.

+1 You'll never get what you want for an item at Play it Again Sports.

No you won't...remember the shop needs to make a buck on that item too.

I've never been in a pias in my life..... And resale should be a consideration when you play a sport where ppl are the most finicky bastards ever about fit and feel of gear. I went many a year without paying full price for a pair of skates or sticks by unloading when they still had life left in them. As for the sweat thing, that really is bull-particularly with this pant model. Have you ever actually seen the materials it is constructed of? You'd have to have leprosy to make a 9000 reek in a week or two.