Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tro

Minnesota Wild equipment bus burned

I'm not surprised guys don't have spares of everything, I mean, how do you expect a player to be cleaned out of equipment, let alone an entire team?

The thing I am surprised about is the specialty items, like the knee braces, that only one were made. Something not easily replaceable I figured would have at least a serviceable back up available.

I'm not surprised guys don't have spares of everything, I mean, how do you expect a player to be cleaned out of equipment, let alone an entire team?

The thing I am surprised about is the specialty items, like the knee braces, that only one were made. Something not easily replaceable I figured would have at least a serviceable back up available.

Extra knee braces are kept by the medical staff in their travel cases. In almost all cases, a player gets 2 of these.

Extra knee braces are kept by the medical staff in their travel cases. In almost all cases, a player gets 2 of these.

Reading comp helps huh? I guess those quotes about the braces being destroyed and it being an issue is void then?

and if this happened to anyone here the 1st thing we think of is

hey i get to get new gear!

Not sure if they have anyone like Modano or Leetch, those guys would be crying in the corner about having to use new gear.

Not sure if they have anyone like Modano or Leetch, those guys would be crying in the corner about having to use new gear.

Imagine if Jussi Jokinen were to lose his glove collection to something like this? I'd hate to be the one to clean up that mess.

Imagine if Jussi Jokinen were to lose his glove collection to something like this? I'd hate to be the one to clean up that mess.

You'd be talking him off a ledge somewhere.

Pretty easy for you to say when your living isn't made playing hockey professionally. Their broken in equipment is EVERYTHING to them.

I didn't say they wouldn't be justified, simply that they would have more trouble than most guys. Given the RBK thing with Modano a couple years back, it's pretty obvious that Mo will only use gear that he is comfortable using.

From the local paper.

NO TIME TO LOSE

After an equipment truck fire at 2:30 p.m. Friday in Canada, the Wild raced to get the team properly outfitted for Saturday night's game at Ottawa. In the morning hours Saturday:

12:30: Wild assistant equipment manager Brent Proulx landed in the Twin Cities after two flight delays and drove right to Xcel Energy Center to meet another assistant, Matt Benz.

5:30: Proulx, Benz and strength and conditioning coach Chris Pietrzak-Wegner lugged loads of gear and medical supplies to the airport after stops at Xcel, Parade Ice Garden and Nick Schultz's house for a pair of skates.

9:00: Proulx and company landed in Ottawa.

10:00: Wild players arrived to full lockers for their morning skate at Scotiabank Place.

It was a rough couple of days for the equipment guys!

From the local paper.
NO TIME TO LOSE

After an equipment truck fire at 2:30 p.m. Friday in Canada, the Wild raced to get the team properly outfitted for Saturday night's game at Ottawa. In the morning hours Saturday:

12:30: Wild assistant equipment manager Brent Proulx landed in the Twin Cities after two flight delays and drove right to Xcel Energy Center to meet another assistant, Matt Benz.

5:30: Proulx, Benz and strength and conditioning coach Chris Pietrzak-Wegner lugged loads of gear and medical supplies to the airport after stops at Xcel, Parade Ice Garden and Nick Schultz's house for a pair of skates.

9:00: Proulx and company landed in Ottawa.

10:00: Wild players arrived to full lockers for their morning skate at Scotiabank Place.

It was a rough couple of days for the equipment guys!

Should've volunteered your services! :)

Chadd can probably confirm this but are you allowed to fly with propane torches? Wouldn't that be something that the home team supplied?

Yes, home team would supply torches, tape, a sharpening system, glove/skate dryers, and many other items.

So they brought the torches with them to the practice facility?

I only saw brief highlights from the game...were there any crazy gear combinations or guys wearing different brands than normal...? What I saw looked pretty normal. The guy on TSN doing highlights blamed one goal on Backstrom using pads he hasn't worn in 3 months...*shrug* I guess you'd have to ask him to know for sure.

Chadd can probably confirm this but are you allowed to fly with propane torches? Wouldn't that be something that the home team supplied?

Yes, home team would supply torches, tape, a sharpening system, glove/skate dryers, and many other items.

So they brought the torches with them to the practice facility?

Ottawa would've supplied everything in my previous post, so, yes.

Very possible that the torch wasn't on, but, was still hot and then fell over on the drive from practice rink to game rink.

Purely on the theory as the reality has been covered.

That is an explosive item, I can't imagine it would be permitted on a flight though it may be possible with prior approval and permits.

Just a guess but the supplies were located at scotiabank place or practice facility (I'm sure others would know where teams pick up that stuff for off site practices) team packed everything up after practice to return to scotiabank place. The gas wasn't fully turned off on one of the torches and somehow had the "trigger" depressed by shifting equipment while in the truck and ignited. With that much heat, it's just a matter of time before things start to burn.

What is the custom skate situation with these guys? How about the guys that use orthotics or those Graf insoles? Was Clutterbuck able to get his xtra long sticks in due time?

It was about the most disjointed and out of sync I'd seen the Wild play since very early in the season when they were a jumbled mess. Lots of pucks jumping everywhere, players missing passes, etc. Don't know if it's the equipment or not, but it certainly didn't help.

Random thought, wonder what $200 shoulder pads Schultz got? Kind of surprising since most NHL'ers seem to like old school cheap pads...but then again Schultz is a stay at home defenseman.

It was about the most disjointed and out of sync I'd seen the Wild play since very early in the season when they were a jumbled mess. Lots of pucks jumping everywhere, players missing passes, etc. Don't know if it's the equipment or not, but it certainly didn't help.

Random thought, wonder what $200 shoulder pads Schultz got? Kind of surprising since most NHL'ers seem to like old school cheap pads...but then again Schultz is a stay at home defenseman.

he bought 10ks