Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JR Boucicaut

2010 CCM Catalogue

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index...amp;showfile=69

Skates - unchanged

Sticks - The U+ now has more members of its family as all OPS will be labeled U+. The OctoGun is now the OctoLight, coming in at 450g and a square handle. U+ Pro replaces U+, and the 07, Octo 05 and 03 are new for 2010.

Gloves - unchanged

Protective - All of the protective has been tweaked for 2010 and renamed U+ (I sense a theme here.) On the shoulder side, the torso has been redesigned, more of like a vest-style, and the low-profile shoulder caps from the V10 are still on it. A nice addition is EPP in the sternum area. With elbow pads, they have gone to a 3-piece style with a neoprene stopper and raised bumper in the elbow area to prevent slippage. EPP in the forearm and biceps are a nice touch, and a neoprene strap that anchors onto the back end of the forearm part to lock it into place. On the shin side, ventliated shin as well as kneecap, with a cross-strapping system. Once again, EPP is in the calf wrap for additional protection.

Pants - Going with a traditional cut this time around, the U+ Pro pant is of the same material quality as they put in their pro pants. HD foam in the kidneys and a floating back pad.

Helmets - unchanged

blah. ccm is really lagging behind as a company. i used to be really into everything they did, but there's nothing exciting here at all. barely anything even interesting. the gloves in particular, are hideous. there's a couple of nice helmets, and the pants aren't terrible, but... for christ's sakes bring back the tack line or something.

Edited by lukejameslarson

Are the specs for their curves and such in there someplace? I'm surprised there were no shafts and blades, or details on the different patterns like most of the catalogs have. In fact there's a specific reference to "full specs at the back of the catalog" or something in the stick descriptions.

The main reason I ask is that I picked up one of the new 2010 CCM sticks over the weekend and noticed the Steen curve was radically different than it used to be - bigger hook and a higher lie. I poked around and noticed several websites now listing the U+ CL Steen pattern as "09" which leads me to believe they changed it this year. Wanted to look and see what other changes they made to their patterns and if any are still 5-lie.

Are the specs for their curves and such in there someplace? I'm surprised there were no shafts and blades, or details on the different patterns like most of the catalogs have. In fact there's a specific reference to "full specs at the back of the catalog" or something in the stick descriptions.

The main reason I ask is that I picked up one of the new 2010 CCM sticks over the weekend and noticed the Steen curve was radically different than it used to be - bigger hook and a higher lie. I poked around and noticed several websites now listing the U+ CL Steen pattern as "09" which leads me to believe they changed it this year. Wanted to look and see what other changes they made to their patterns and if any are still 5-lie.

Didn't figure you guys wanted it, but I normally take that info and input it in the PatternDB

With the new equipment line (shorts/shoulder/elbow) aside from the names are there any other large changes from the v10/v08/etc... lines?

JR, Does CCM have a new, all black skate coming out? Of all places, I was watching an ECHL game locally and I saw a few players from the other team ( SC Stingrays ) wearing what looked like CCM u+'s, but were all black. Just curious.

JR, Does CCM have a new, all black skate coming out? Of all places, I was watching an ECHL game locally and I saw a few players from the other team ( SC Stingrays ) wearing what looked like CCM u+'s, but were all black. Just curious.

Any pictures of the skates?

Not to my knowledge.

The new stick line redesign looks quite interesting. I wonder how the U+ octolight and U+ pro will be priced. Will the U+ pro be identified as the 2nd best stick price/performance wise to the CL or will the octolight have that crown?

How come no shafts? I'd definitely like to see a U CL shaft, even an OctoLite. I have a V130 that is still one of my all time favorite shafts. The thing just keeps going and at this point I think I'm going to have to forcefully retire it or else it will never go away.

How come no shafts? I'd definitely like to see a U CL shaft, even an OctoLite. I have a V130 that is still one of my all time favorite shafts. The thing just keeps going and at this point I think I'm going to have to forcefully retire it or else it will never go away.

I think that they wont make a CL shaft for the pure reason that their stick is called the Crazy lite. Sure they can have a CL shaft that weighs like 200g but it would be horrible as a combo beacuse the balance would be off due to the blade.

The Octo line wouldn't have shafts purely for the reason of their '8-sided taper', find a blade for those things, I dare you :P

I think that they wont make a CL shaft for the pure reason that their stick is called the Crazy lite. Sure they can have a CL shaft that weighs like 200g but it would be horrible as a combo beacuse the balance would be off due to the blade.

The Octo line wouldn't have shafts purely for the reason of their '8-sided taper', find a blade for those things, I dare you :P

Ha, good points. They could release a tapered shaft and just call it the U+ Taper. Whatever...I just really liked my V130.

Has anyone seen, handled, or heard anything in regards to the new sticks?

Like wether the U+Pro will be more durable yet heavier? Like the ST? Or is it the same basic idea as the U+CL just lower tech? I am really interested in trying one of the sticks, but if not much has changed, why should I wait?

the u+ pro to me was nearly identical to the ST. same feel/weight. Really though, I wouldn't go with it. Seemed like one good slapper and this thing would break. Felt brittle. There are much better options at better prices than the pro.

the u+ pro to me was nearly identical to the ST. same feel/weight. Really though, I wouldn't go with it. Seemed like one good slapper and this thing would break. Felt brittle. There are much better options at better prices than the pro.

Anything in the ccm line? I really like the way they feel in my hands

Can one of you CCM nuts help me out here?

I just noticed on a current blade pattern chart that the U+ Grip is offered in a 'Steen '09' curve with looks pretty good from where I sit.

It looks like it could be their Lidstrom curve, but looks more open.

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/ccm-vector---blade-patterns.html

My question is...has anyone actually seen the Steen 09 in person and can they tell me if it is in fact a Lidstrom clone?

Thanks...

Sign in to follow this