Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Accord

Orange ice a new trend?

Interesting. I would like to see what it looks like.

LOL, it'll probably look... orange. All kidding aside, I gotta imagine playing on orange ice would be pretty strange. The K-Wings have also played on green (St. Patty's Day) and pink (Valentine's Day) ice. I remember hearing about one of those games, where the ice was made too quickly and didn't have time to set up properly... the color bled through the ice and got all over the teams' uniforms.

boys, i spent 4 years in k-zoo and have been to a couple of the st. patty's day games. pretty cool idea. the ice is done in a light green, so it does not really throw your concentration off. the k-wings do a pretty good job with the colored ice events.

How about blue ice? I hated it and I won't be attending too many Long Beach Ice Dogs games because of it. Beer prices were also outrageous and the seating stinks. I miss Pensacola now.

IceDogs.jpg

thats pretty nasty,

is the puck a differnt color?

No, and the puck isn't that hard to see really.

Didnt the NHL used to have blue ice anyways? I remember that for some reason, and then they changed it to white, and kept only the areas on the inside of the goals blue. But then they later changed that to white, if I can remember my NHL history correctly.

It was just natural pond ice color back in the day. It was clear, but was tinted "grey" because of the concrete below. In 1972 they began putting white paint in the ice to make it white.

Let's not forget the Lake Placid ice incident ;), that sure is one thing missing from the realism of the movie.

I thought that at the old Maple Leaf Gardens they painted underneath a light blue so it would appear white on TV. I remember hearing something along those lines, so to get true blue ice (which I did like) I guess would need to be pretty deep blue.

Let's not forget the Lake Placid ice incident ;), that sure is one thing missing from the realism of the movie.

What happened?

I'd like to know too :D.