Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stafford21

New Inno sticks

Maniacs were supposed to be Dolomites and Megalytes were Mac Daddys. No clue on the the Thunderdome, although some people suspected that these sticks were lower end Warriors due to the 95 flex.

I forgot to mention that I have e-mailed HM and asked which overrun Warrior models these sticks are or which ones they ae most similar to, as well as the blade patterns. I voiced my concerns over the possibility of them being Bentleys. I'll post here if I get a reply.

I've been wanting to try a warrior stick.. Do you think this would be a good time to try out one or should i try a blade on my easton shaft i have?

I thought some of the Maniac's were Bauer XXX Lites?

Either way, Peranis has the Maniac for $49 in store. Lots of leftys

I'm pretty sure it was a Warrior dolomite/vapor xx.

yeah, they weren't all Dolomites at Perani's. my gf bought one to play with and she HATED it compared to her Dolos. said it was just way too clunky. when she asked one of my buddies to break it for her (so she could rationalize buying a new Dolo) he ended up breaking his Bauer One70 instead! :lol:

I've had a megalyte, maniac, and a marley so far

Megalyte was from peranis, and was definately a Mac Daddy, you could see the paint job underneath once the top layer started chipping away.

The maniac and marley were both from Pure Hockey, I dont think either was a dolomite because when I chopped off the blade and turned them into two pieces there wasnt a tenon inside and I had to cut alot of the stick to get the blades to fit. Other peoples might have been different that was just my experience.

I turned a pro stock dolomite into a two piece this weekend and it was 5-6 inches longer and much easier to do than the two innos. It was a very different process from the two innos i did.

I'd be a bit wary of these new ones because of what someone said about the 95 flex. I'd bet they are both the same model stick though just one paint job is the grip model and one the clear like they did with the Marley and Maniac sticks

The fonts are just so simlar, I'd have to go with Maniac is a rebranded/painted Vapor XXX.

I initially thought so but someone who got one swore it was a dolo. Interesting in any case.

When these went on sale at the Pure Hockey summer sale like 2 or 3 summers ago, a PH employee on the board wouldn't come right out and say it but said they were top end Warriors (he denied neither the MD or Dolo questions but implied it was one of them)... both the marley and maniac (I have both and they are the same but just diff paint jobs).

I gotta get my order in for two assuming the rh intermediates are federov curves.

hockeymonkey_2092_189650994.jpg

71788.jpg

The fonts are just so simlar, I'd have to go with Maniac is a rebranded/painted Vapor XXX.

your info is incorrect they are not vaporxxx. innovative stopped making sticks for bauer when production of the vapor xx stopped. if you look at a vapor xxx it is made in ...... china not mexico

I'm just saying they have the same font and POSSIBLY could have been. I honestly have no clue who/what they really are.

The similarities are somewhat surprising though. There's so many.

I was at perani's about a year ago, and they were out of righty's but he grabbed two Maniacs and pulled the plugs, written just inside was a code he said indicated whether the stick was a vapor or a dolomite. He specifically said "Vapor" not Vapor 20 or Vapor 30 So I have no idea on that point, but for $70 it's not bad getting either a dolo or a vapor XX/XXX or whatever it is.

Edit: typo

I was at perani's about a year ago, and they were out of righty's but he grabbed two Maniacs and pulled the plugs, written just inside was a code he said indicated whether the stick was a vapor or a dolomite. He specifically said "Vapor" not Vapor 20 or Vapor 30 So I have no idea on that point, but for $70 it's not bad getting either a dolo or a vapor XX/XXX or whatever it is.

come to think of it it could be a vapor xv. i know perranis in flint had some shafts that were not painted they were selling for $20 that were overrun vapor xv. warrior's factory in mexico has to pay taxes on all inventory and when they have overruns or extra product they sell them to a shop and that shop can have any name/graphic put on they. ie winwell 500's, perranis labeled sticks, and the unpainted vapor xx they sold years ago. if i'm wrong in this the member form warrior can correct me.

come to think of it it could be a vapor xv. i know perranis in flint had some shafts that were not painted they were selling for $20 that were overrun vapor xv. warrior's factory in mexico has to pay taxes on all inventory and when they have overruns or extra product they sell them to a shop and that shop can have any name/graphic put on they. ie winwell 500's, perranis labeled sticks, and the unpainted vapor xx they sold years ago. if i'm wrong in this the member form warrior can correct me.

Was it the xv or xvi that was the AK27?

FWIW here's the reply I received from HM

"It would appear the Thunderdome sticks are

closest to the Warrior Shogun. The Manic sticks seem pretty close to the

Warrior Mac Dad sticks."