Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I will be interested to see what you can do with an outdoor puck. The guys I play with use the pro pucks even though they have some major flaws. They have made a few modifications to the pucks to try to increase weight and lessen the rolling. They still rebound off hard, but that doesn't bother me as much as the rolling.

The one thing I will say about the ProPuck, their pegs have a pretty good lifetime from sliding compared to the small peg brands (IDS, Mission). Not much you can do about pegs breaking from posts.

My main desires for an outdoor puck would include big pegs for more lifetime, allow them to be replaceable, and bright colors (orange and green have been the most popular colors for us in Propuck).

You make good points. We've been researching outdoor pucks and their performance for close to four years. One of the verbero owners manages an outdoor rink and we've gotten a lot of feedback from the players at that facility as well as from outdoor rinks in ca, pa, hi and tx.

How is the weight and thickness compared to a RBK one ? RBK one is by far the prefered and most used here in France.

I find that other like IDS for example too thin and too light, can't feel them with my poor stickhandling.

Any chance to get an european shop selling them ? Would like to give one a try.

How is the weight and thickness compared to a RBK one ? RBK one is by far the prefered and most used here in France.

I find that other like IDS for example too thin and too light, can't feel them with my poor stickhandling.

Any chance to get an european shop selling them ? Would like to give one a try.

The Aero puck is not really similar to the RBK puck. It's unique and is difficult to compare the competition. We had 3 players from Besançon playing out of my home rink this past season and they all loved the puck. They recently took a bunch of prototypes home with them to France.

Should send some to test out @ the Taylor sportsplex, or even Joe Dumars field house in Michigan! Really wanna get my paws on these.

I think that I should provide my feedback. First off, this is my favorite puck by far.It slides great, very quick puck and resists flipping over. I did notice though, that as I used it more and more (used for around 8 hours) the small pegs that provide such great performance, were also the pucks downfall to an extent. The pegs wore down and it seemed like the pucks stability suffered. It still slides quickly, but seems to flip more often. Not anything that would cause me to not use the puck, but noticeable. Other than that, It is flawless! Almost no bounce, yet is fairly lively off the boards. Today in my game, we used a rocket puck, and I wish that I would never need to use one ever again! It was my second favorite puck, but it is dwarfed by the Aero puck! It doesnt slide nearly as good, doesn't have as good of feedback while stickhandling, and is much bouncier. I wish that I didn't need to use any other puck besides the Aero ever again! Cant wait for the outdoor puck also!

Thank you for the review Sharks. I wish I could divulge more regarding the all surface puck but will have to wait a little longer :rolleyes:

I promise, the first images and information will be posted on this thread.

phantom was nice enough to send a few samples my way, and just thought it would be good to give some feedback.

The puck feels more solid than some of the ones we normally use, which is good as you dont have any absorption of feel by the puck itself. I'm currently using a X60 one piece, so the puck feel for me is really fantastic.

> I only took out a few of the pucks to try on the surface, knowing that it would I can directly relate to the puck feel, as I've only been able to use the puck in some warmups prior to the game. I havent as yet been able to convince the league here to convert to the Verbero pucks, obviously as the refs here as nitwits anyways.

The pucks are designed for use on sportcourt, so the painted concrete I play on did wear the pins down faster than they are designed to. The pucks do stay level a lot longer than some of our other brands of pucks, so that is a big plus. I'm not a fancy player, but trying to scoop the puck up is much easier as well.

Looking forward to trying out the outdoor pucks. If they are as good as the indoor ones, then we'll have a winner.

Those pucks looks great, tell me if you want them tested in gameplay.

I can try to get them in some of our games here in Sweden!

He was right, definitely not for roll-on. But my buddy used it on sport court, he said it was the best puck he had used. The only downfall was the puck was lime green and the floor is a darker blue. The goalie said it was damn near invisible. He also said it was easier to do tricks with.

He was right, definitely not for roll-on. But my buddy used it on sport court, he said it was the best puck he had used. The only downfall was the puck was lime green and the floor is a darker blue. The goalie said it was damn near invisible. He also said it was easier to do tricks with.

Pretty much all of the goalies out here have said they hate the lime green color as well. It's a good color for practicing and warmups but not for league games. You are correct as well about the tricks. We honestly had no intention of making the puck perform better for Itan-esque tricks and such but a side effect of the shape and puck face is that it does scoop far easier than the other pucks.

There is a purpose for lime green. I coached a middle school team in the local school league who were too young to get practice time at the rink with sportcourt. We had to go to an old, dark, wood floored skating rink, the only pucks you could see there are bright ones, we mainly used the yellow IDS pucks, but the green would have worked just as well.

Here is link to a temporary post via our FB page with a profile view of the all-surface puck with replaceable gliders.

BTW, A lot of people have requested a knurled edge, like that of an ice puck. We will likely offer that feature on the final design for this puck or offer two variations.

Looks good! A knurked edge would be great too. How heavy is it? About the same weight as the aero? I cant wait till the aeros are released, mine are getting beat up, I need to replenish my supply!

Looks good! A knurked edge would be great too. How heavy is it? About the same weight as the aero? I cant wait till the aeros are released, mine are getting beat up, I need to replenish my supply!

Likely close to the same weight as the Aero however we are considering offering multiple weights.

That puck is purely sexual!

I can see our league here finally buckling to use those.

Thanks Fatwabbit. We've been working on the all surface puck for quite some time and we're finally getting to last stages of the products development. I'm trying to push Verbero to release it sooner rather than later but it still will take some time.