Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Feel free to send some prototypes my way. I'll incorporate them into the leagues I ref/play in and gather a lot of feedback.

Definitely. If anyone who works for or with local rinks is interested in testing samples please pm me with your name and rink address. We're still the beginning stages of various prototypes right now but hopefully will have some test pucks to send out in the next month or two. We've already had people testing pucks in San Jose and here in the Bay Area.

Yeah, but then you can't find it in the rink, while the game is being played.

thats why i said bright color option - you don't have to use it for league play. noone hear plays outdoors with black pucks because you never find them when they launch into the grass. orange and pink pucks are easy to see against the outdoor surface colors i've played on and noone i've known has complained about not being able to see the puck - at least noone with decent vision to begin with. but we use black pucks for indoor league play because it contrasts the most with the light colored floors.

I've finally got some new information. Our site is now operational (www.verberosports.com) and has info on the pucks. We've also started a page on facebook (search verbero hockey).

The site is only informative and we won't be starting sales until the official launch after Memorial Day weekend. We will be having a booth set up with samples and games at the AIHL Finals/Penguins Breakout Tournament in Pittsburgh that weekend so if you'll be playing in the event or around the area feel free to stop by to check everything out.

So far only two MSH members have tested the pucks (meals7 and fatwabbit). If you want to demo the pucks, send a PM to JR and he will allow you to do a Long-Term Review on it.

Our Aero puck will be available later this spring. It's made specifically for indoor tile surfaces (sportcourt, icecourt, etc.). The Aero puck is designed to stay flat and move more smoothly than standard pucks. We put a lot of time and research into surface/friction comparing the friction of ice hockey pucks on ice to the current inline pucks on smooth tile surfaces. We found that using additional small runners made with a harder plastic would reduce friction while aiding in stability on the surface. The shape of the gliders also assists in keeping the puck flat while moving.

We're shooting to have the outdoor puck available by the fall.

Thank you all for your help through the online surveys and your comments on MSH. Your feedback was incredibly helpful for us during the first development phase.

Hey Nick,

Can't provide much info on the chassis or the wheels just yet but I will say that we expect to have some samples for the AIHL finals in Pittsburgh.

Ok cool see you then

Got a chance to see the final puck in person today, wish I had my stuff at the rink to try it out. It definitely covers having more surface contact, very curious to give it a go.

Got a chance to see the final puck in person today, wish I had my stuff at the rink to try it out. It definitely covers having more surface contact, very curious to give it a go.

I applaud your guys effort. Looks like a great puck. Looking forward to trying one out. Gonna be tough though to knock off the rocket puck for tournament play though.

I applaud your guys effort. Looks like a great puck. Looking forward to trying one out. Gonna be tough though to knock off the rocket puck for tournament play though.

That is 100% political, when the owner of a tournament series is making the pucks, they are going to use them. The whole RHA seems to have followed suit. As for non-RHA tourneys, 2Hot4Ice was using IDS pucks a few weekends ago. (On a side note, boy does Clay do a great job with that event)

That is 100% political, when the owner of a tournament series is making the pucks, they are going to use them. The whole RHA seems to have followed suit. As for non-RHA tourneys, 2Hot4Ice was using IDS pucks a few weekends ago. (On a side note, boy does Clay do a great job with that event)

Dont wanna get off topic, but 2Hot4Ice has been really well organized and has been a lot of fun! Clay and staff do a great job with those Tourney's.

I'd love to demo some of these at RMU here in Pittsburgh. Any IDS puck out here is like playing with a bouncy ball. I'll PM JR and ask.

Any ideas on price points for the puck?

I'd love to demo some of these at RMU here in Pittsburgh. Any IDS puck out here is like playing with a bouncy ball. I'll PM JR and ask.

Any ideas on price points for the puck?

The price will be on par with IDS, Sonic and Rocket.

Sounds more than fair. If they work as expected I'd pay more just to know I was getting a puck that gives a consistent play and doesn't bounce all over the place.

Really looking forward to LTRing it

Looks like an awesome concept, cant wait to hear what other have to say about the puck and give it a go when it comes to market.

what kind of plastic is it? is it the same type of plastic as the ids puck?

The only thing I don't like with your puck is the lack of traction on the sides of the puck. That's part of the reason why I like the Rocket Puck.

The pvc is similar to those used with other pucks. We used a special blend of various pvc's that has proven to be more durable and provide a better feel. It's more expensive than what the competition uses but we believe well worth the expense.

We got a lot of feedback on adding some grip/knurl to the sides via our surveys, etc but elected to stay traditional for this model. We have other pucks that will be released down the road which will likely offer this feature.

The black with green has been the stand alone favorite for colors thus far :)