Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mug25

NHL Jerseys - Your Name? Player's Name?

Jersey #'s  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I agree, it doesn't look right to wear modern jersey with the retired players name and number on it.

Or the other extreme facepalm.gif

518B-KlkctL._AA300_.jpg

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Penguins blog writer had a great write up about a year and a half ago on "Jersey Fouls". Its a pretty good read

http://community.post-gazette.com/blogs/em...e-12-16-08.aspx

LOL @ #7. Buddy of mine wears a Devils jersey to Panthers games whenever the Rangers are in town, just to piss me off.

NHL jerseys should only be worn at the games with a real players number on them, not your own name and number.

And why is that? Why cant someone wear a blank NHL/OHL jersey out to open hockey? Should we all wear boring, plain practice jerseys with no logos on the front? Not everyone has had their team spring for custom jerseys so the whole cheap, screen printed/sublimated jersey is a little bit on the "FAIL" side.

Or the other extreme facepalm.gif

518B-KlkctL._AA300_.jpg

Yes, there's a lot of that shit on eBay.

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Penguins blog writer had a great write up about a year and a half ago on "Jersey Fouls". Its a pretty good read

http://community.post-gazette.com/blogs/em...e-12-16-08.aspx

That's one of the Puck Daddy's specials too.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_dadd...rd=Jersey+Fouls

I also don't like people wearing NHL jerseys when on the ice whether its blank, customized, or a pro jersey.

Why not?

To each his own but I only wear mine to NHL games. Even if a player gets traded I don't see the big deal, it's now vintage.

Mine pretty much hang in a closet or if I get ambitious again, a wall in my batcave. Most of mine are retro/vintage, with a Nords Sundin, Canucks (home and away SC) Bure and an eagle Capitals Witt.

Im not a big fan of wearing NHL jerseys because were I live, its mainly what bandwagon fans do. But I do like wearing my own jerseys from teams I have played or do play for. Right now, my adult team go a blue jersey (toronto colors) and we got a sweet picture of a goat on it. Its the bomb digidy!

IMO, I think its worse to wear jerseys for teams you play for. That's more of a "Yeah, I play hockey, I'm better than a normal fan" to me.

I've been collecting jerseys for several years now, easily having over 100, and I only wear an NHL jersey w' a name and number on the back to play in the street with my buddies. I'll also only wear a name and numbered jersey on the couch in front of the T.V. or to a NHL game.

I wear a plain numbered practice jersey to play on ice in. I don't think wearing my Kovalev jersey would go down well when I play defense - everyone would just laugh me off of the ice, as they should! :P

IMO, I think its worse to wear jerseys for teams you play for. That's more of a "Yeah, I play hockey, I'm better than a normal fan" to me.

I've played on numerous teams and some tourneys and I like wearing those because A) it keeps my only Messier Ranger jersey smelling nice for going to games in and B) I don't need to pretend I'm an NHLer. I played a played at an average level and will be a beer leaguer for the rest of my life, that it.

My biggest pet peeve with jerseys in general is when a team like the Yankees that doesn't put names on the back sells replicas with names on it. Why would you do that? I see a 2 on Yankee jersey, I know it's a Jeter jersey. I don't need the name. The worst is when someone has a like a 3 or a 4 and then Ruth or Mantle on top of it.

My biggest pet peeve with jerseys in general is when a team like the Yankees that doesn't put names on the back sells replicas with names on it. Why would you do that? I see a 2 on Yankee jersey, I know it's a Jeter jersey. I don't need the name. The worst is when someone has a like a 3 or a 4 and then Ruth or Mantle on top of it.

That's funny because that bothers the hell outta me too. To me it's funnier when someone plops down the money for an authentic jersey then does something stupid like put a name over the number on a Yankee jersey. That's what the name/numbered t-shirts are for.

That's funny because that bothers the hell outta me too. To me it's funnier when someone plops down the money for an authentic jersey then does something stupid like put a name over the number on a Yankee jersey. That's what the name/numbered t-shirts are for.

Shouldn't even have names on the T-shirts.

Shouldn't even have names on the T-shirts.

+1

I have a Wilkes Barre/Scranton Pens jersey that I bought the first year the EDGE jerseys came out, as I was an intern for them and I got a discount at the team store. I play in that, no name or number no the back, I agree with the whole if you were good enough to have your name and number no the jersey, they'd be paying you and putting it on there for you. I wear that one to play in, I also have a Rangers one, that I only wear to watch games either at home/bar/MSG (mainly because I don't want to ruin it when I play, where as beer spills only increase the value).

Thats a bit different. You interned for the them. If your part of the organization at any level, you could totally wear the jersey. I'm trying to get an internship with a marketing department with any NHL team and I would totally rock that teams jersey.

Being from Connecticut, I feel that I need to keep the hockey spirit alive here. I wear my Ron Francis whalers sweater (jersey for some of you) to drop in and stick and puck sessions. I never get any beef about it. I see no reason that I should either

I've played on numerous teams and some tourneys and I like wearing those because A) it keeps my only Messier Ranger jersey smelling nice for going to games in and B) I don't need to pretend I'm an NHLer. I played a played at an average level and will be a beer leaguer for the rest of my life, that it.

They do it so they can sell Yankees branded seam rippers, of course.

That is one of those things that does piss me off. Part of the reason I combed e-bay for an authentic when getting my Yankees jersey, all the replicas had that crap. Wound up with one with no number, but with a choice of that or the crap with the name, I'll go with the blank.

The vast majority of my jerseys either have no name or just a number.

I have a couple with my name on the back (nordiques and germany) to cover up a heat sealed sponsor and a last name someone put on the back of one; both jerseys are white and putting a blank white tackle twill name bar still had the sponsor/last name show through (If the nordiques was a #3 I would have considered making a 'Tremblay' name bar). Wore the nordiques jersey for a white jersey (when we played another blue team) as a spare on a beer league team called the 'Make Be Leafs' and both in scrub hockey.

I have a blue sabres goal jersey with a number 67 - wore it as emergency back up goalie in beer league. Wanted a number that no one on the sabres wore past or present.

The other one with my name on the back is a CCCP goalie jersey similar to the ones used in the later Canada Cups. Had a blank jersey and I made the CCCP's, numbers, and my last name transliterated into russian cyrillic (got name transliterated at a how to speak russian online forum). The soviets didn't use cyrillic for their jerseys at that time but I thought it would be interesting looking. Made the name and number for a Liut blues goalie jersey and a Clarke flyers jersey.

If I was going to shell out the dollars for an NHL jersey with a pro's name and number, I wouldn't be interested in any current or past superstars - I'd probably pick a devils Daneyko, a whalers Pietrangelo, or to show my true plus minus a capitals Mikkelson :P

I have no problem with anyone wearing an NHL jersey with the pro's or their name on it on or off the i ce, but I certainly would like to see less people wearing Crosby and Ovechkin jerseys.

The only jersey I've had my own last name on it was my beer league team's. It's too tacky when you put your own name on a pro jersey. The majority of my jerseys are from the mid-late 90s and I only get players that I really like so I can get them signed. I could care less if they got traded.