Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mug25

NHL Jerseys - Your Name? Player's Name?

Jersey #'s  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For those of you who are jersey freaks like me and wear cool looking jerseys to Open Hockey, Clinics etc., what do you prefer...

NHL (or any pro jersey for that matter) with your favorite pro's name and # stitched on the back

OR

Your name and desired #???

Never been a fan of the custom jerseys, especially when you take a legends number. Can't count how many times I've seen a red wings #19 jersey and see anderson or some crap on it, I just think it's pathetic.

The way I see it is if I was good enough to be playing in an NHL jersey I would be. Since I'm not I haven't earned the right to so I save mine for off ice wearing

I know I'm in the minority here, but why would anyone over the age of 12 want to wear a jersey off the ice?

It's the same with football, baseball and basketball; does it prove that you're a true fan or that you actually

play the sport? I think a t-shirt or cap is enough otherwise it looks ridiculous on a grown man IMO.

That's one reason why I think hockey has it over football and baseball: the coaches still wear suits behind the

bench, not the cut-off sweatshirts in football or the ghastly overweight managers in uniforms in baseball.

You wear a jersey to support the team. However, you don't take someones number and put your name on the back.

Don't play in NHL jerseys, only at NHL games... and normally they are draped over my shoulder until I'm inside. NHL jerseys are almost always non fan favorites, albeit badass players... which means they get traded because that's what the Lightning do. So the past two jerseys I've got are name/number-less.

:( @

O'Brien

Boyle

Afanasenkov

never done a custom jersey before. not my thing. I like hockey jerseys and I've pondered buying player jerseys, but never have, knowing I'd never wear them. I think it's kind of tacky to wear a pro players name and number on your back during a game (as a player not a spectator), if you're wearing it to support your team while watching a game, good on you.... even better if it's not the star player.

when I go to canucks games I usually wear the vintage reissue t-shirts for something a little different.

I have a Linden Canucks jersey. The rest of mine are blank. Almost every player is tradeable now so I'm not buying unless I'm pretty sure the guy is going into the hall in that jersey. It's just not worth the investment.

On the ice, a practice or a blank jersey is fine. Customized with your own name and number seems foolish as an adult.

Definitely had a guy try to fight me once. He had a customized Devils #4 jersey with his name on the back. The Penguins were up by a few so the group I was there with started making comments about how the Devils would be winning if (name on his jersey) was out there.

When I play open hockey I'll wear a blank NHL (usually Rangers) jersey. When I was younger I would wear my customized jerseys out and about but as I got older they just seemed to loud for me. Now they are only worn to games and things like that. That being said all I have are Brian Leetch jerseys anyway albeit like 7 of them. As stated before players just move around way too much nowadays so for me the t-shirts with name and number are the way to go.

I think it's kinda tacky to wear NHL jerseys to play. There was this kid who came to open hockey in a strait up Rangers uniform. blue helmet with all the stickers down to the NHL sticker on the back and blue electric tape over the side logos. He had the pro stock Ranger shell, jersey with his name, socks, and Ranger Pro stock eagles. I'll let you guess how good he was.

I think it's kinda tacky to wear NHL jerseys to play. There was this kid who came to open hockey in a strait up Rangers uniform. blue helmet with all the stickers down to the NHL sticker on the back and blue electric tape over the side logos. He had the pro stock Ranger shell, jersey with his name, socks, and Ranger Pro stock eagles. I'll let you guess how good he was.

I dont see how it's tacky to wear an NHL jersey to play in — I do however see it really tacky to show up in a full on uniform.

It's a little "basic" to have just a solid colored jersey with no logos, no numbers on it. At least an NHL jersey (some) look cool. I'd wear a blank one.

It's a little "basic" to have just a solid colored jersey with no logos, no numbers on it. At least an NHL jersey (some) look cool. I'd wear a blank one.

When I say "blank" I mean no name or number. The jerseys I wear still have the teams' logos on them though. I have no problem with a matching pair of socks. When I wear a white jersey I wear white socks and vice versa. The whole uni down to the stickers on the helmet is a little much though.

What about the Atlanta Falcon Ron Mexico jerseys? Btw I voted on this before I read the question. My dark is an old style bolts jersey, my light is current Milwaukee Admirals jersey. They are both blank and always will be.

Reijo Ruotsalainen played in the 80s.

He sure as hell didn't wear a Reebok EDGE jersey.

I wasn't sure if you were referring the guy with the Ruotsalainen jersey. I agree, it doesn't look right to wear modern jersey with the retired players name and number on it.

After having a few players get traded after I got their jersey, I just got one with my name on the back because I know I can't get traded.

EDIT: I don't wear it to play though

I know I'm in the minority here, but why would anyone over the age of 12 want to wear a jersey off the ice?

It's the same with football, baseball and basketball; does it prove that you're a true fan or that you actually

play the sport? I think a t-shirt or cap is enough otherwise it looks ridiculous on a grown man IMO.

That's one reason why I think hockey has it over football and baseball: the coaches still wear suits behind the

bench, not the cut-off sweatshirts in football or the ghastly overweight managers in uniforms in baseball.

You may be in the minority, but I'm with you. Nothing looks more ridiculous than a grown man wearing a giant hockey jersey.