Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chad Seibel

Tour products

Time to sound off as this is a roller hockey equipment string. Tour will be introducing some new things here in the very near future, so I thought it would be fun to hear about good, and bad, experiences using Tour products. We have had some great products in the past and we have had a few misses, that we have learned from.

Do you have favs that come to mind?

Also, follow us on Facebook and Twitter to hear about the new happenings.

Had 962s, loved them. Got 982s and had nothing but problems. Outsole separation, blisters, weight.

hummr frame is great, boot not so much. I had the cobalt 9.9 boot as my first tour skate, was the worst boot ive ever slipped my foot into and lasted 1 season before it got shreded majorly.

sorry tour.the 10W30 pants have been a big let down,we bought our teams the 10W30 pants to match the jerseys,the pants wear ripping by the crotch area on most of the pants, the plastic belt was breaking left and right.the elastic waist bands stretched and being the pants dont have a true belt ,they couldnt be adjusted to fit better.on a good point the jerseys are battle tested and very very durable.also the one piece stick the beamer,for the money was one of my better sticks,I think tour has come a very long way.I also think they have good customer reps and service.

sorry tour.the 10W30 pants have been a big let down,we bought our teams the 10W30 pants to match the jerseys,the pants wear ripping by the crotch area on most of the pants, the plastic belt was breaking left and right.the elastic waist bands stretched and being the pants dont have a true belt ,they couldnt be adjusted to fit better.on a good point the jerseys are battle tested and very very durable.also the one piece stick the beamer,for the money was one of my better sticks,I think tour has come a very long way.I also think they have good customer reps and service.

my 10w30 belt broke a month after I got it. In tour's defense though, my team usa and lionheart pants have been great.

RE 10W30 pants: Maybe if you got some that fit properly? Mine are f*cking tanks! I have had them for almost 3 years (on the rink 2-3 times a week) and they are going strong. Absolutely no problems whatsoever. The only problem was self-inflicted: didn't spread my legs wide enough trying to skate over the bench, pants caught the corner and *rrrrippppp* Tore a 6 inch hole in the crotch, but I was able to sew them back up. They're pretty beat up (burns on the knees and some beading where the Velcro catches the adjacent fabric), but no holes or tears that aren't my own fault. Got new Lionhearts and hopefully won't have to think about pants for at least another 2 or 3 years.

The straight-80 frames are, by far, Tour's best success. Long-time (8+ years) Hi-Lo user went Hum'er and never been back.

Their boots, while having improved, could be better. I tore apart a pair of Code 1s in just over a season (boot was so broken down I could fold the back of the boot down flat onto the insole with my hands. The good thing from the Code 1s was, however, they were going strong for about 9 months then VERY quickly deteriorated. My Code Carbons fared a bit better. I took almost a whole year before they crapped out. This was almost 4 years ago, going back to the frames, the original Hum'ers off of my Code 1s are on their 4th pair of boots and straight and solid. If Tour could make a boot that has real solid quarter panels for stiffness, I wouldn't hesitate buying yet another pair.

I <3 Tour.

Had a pair of Code MX's and they did nothing but hurt my feet. They also were way too stiff for me but that was taken care of after I learned not to use the top eyelet while lacing them up. Also the Labeda wheels that came with them chunked on me way too fast. The only thing good I can say is they did look good.

Had a pair of Code MX's and they did nothing but hurt my feet. They also were way too stiff for me but that was taken care of after I learned not to use the top eyelet while lacing them up. Also the Labeda wheels that came with them chunked on me way too fast. The only thing good I can say is they did look good.

that would not be tours fault, they most likely didn't fit

that would not be tours fault, they most likely didn't fit

Thanks for that but they did fit right and they were baked. I've been playing hockey for at least 25 years so I think I know how to fit a pair of skates on my feet. There was just something in the heel that killed me everytime I skated in them. Plus the stiffness also hurt my feet and legs. Is that my fault too? I think it was Tour's product. So unless you're skating with my feet in my skates keep your little comments to yourself.

The Tour Retro Lyte Elite gloves (I think that's the name, vertical four rolls with kevlar outers) were some of my favorites gloves. The palms were a bit suspect on them, but great looking, lightweight glove. Though I didn't use them myself, I thought the Code E2 skate was a pretty good bang for the buck and knew a few people that were quite happy with them. Oh yeah, the Crossrip blades were EXCELLENT outdoor blades

I have never been able to fit into Tour skates, they have always been too wide for me. I tried a set of Code 1's and my foot felt like it was all over the place inside.

As for everything else, I have a pair of Lionheart gloves, great glove, my only gripe is that they are a little hot for inline. A nylon glove with mesh gussets instead of the synth leather would be a LOT cooler.

I'd also like to see the pants go back to a more durable material, whatever the secondary one was on the Lionheart pants would melt if it slid on the floor. I have a pair of Team USA pants from a few years back that are absolute tanks. IMHO the Lionhearts seem a bit suspect for a high end pant, in fact, I think that the 10w30's I have are a better made pant.

Got to try a demo of the new Spartan helmet and love it. This might be the best helmet for the money on the market today. Great fit, isn't too heavy, and passes the mirror test. Probably going to order one in Black very shortly.

Had three pair of tour skates... Blue maxx(step down from the Beemer) followed by the code reds and then the original code 1. Loved the fit but found once they started breaking down my heel slipped more as well as the confort level decreased. Still loved them regardless. Loved the code 1 glove as well as the pants. And while I never owned a pair a lot of my friends had the g7 glove and are probably my favorite item produced by tour.

I had 2 pairs of the 10w40 pants. BOTH ripped where the crotch gusset attaches to the legs. The first pair was less than a month, and I had the shop get me a new pair from the rep. The second pair got me so pissed but my gf sews them all the time just to shut me up. The gloves were comfy, but the had a funky thumb. I always felt like I was hitchhiking. As far as skates, I don't think I've ever owned a pair, I've been so loyal to Mission.

Who pissed in your cheerios?

P.S.-The Code MX are not stiff at all.

Not stiff huh? Try on my old Bauer Custom Supremes then the Code mx's and you tell me which is stiffer. And by the way noone pissed in my cheerios. It just pisses me off when someone tells me I don't know what I'm talking about. Like I said before I've been playing hockey for a long time and I know whats comfy and whats not. So next time I buy another pair of skates I guess I'll need you guys to tell me if they hurt my feet or not since you guys know everything.

I have Code E-2 skates, I loved them until after wearing them for 3 years they broke down. Until i get the coin for a new pair of skates im rocking my old 7k with Red Star chassis

Tour's 10w30 pants are the best roller hockey pants I've ever had. they are cut very well, light wight, the fabric breathes well and feels pleasant against your skin, the areas the are reinforced are perfectly planned.

Had some Cobalt 9.9 and they were my fav skates ever... until they broke down after a season or two. I found that they creased on the sides about halfway up my arch and caused me to loose major power when pushing off. If you could convince me new skates would last longer, I would buy in a heartbeat!!

Oops, I accidentally entered a previous post on the wrong thread. Sorry bout that. I had a pair of Tour Code Blues a few years ago, and really liked them at first. Very comfortable right from the start, with no break-in period necessary. However, after a about 6 months, the top started rubbing my ankle the wrong way. It became very uncomfortable. It was just strange because you expect those things when first put on a pair of skates, not a few months down the road.

Well where do I begin?

Been through 3 pairs of Tour skates in 2 years..

Had a pair of Tour gloves for about 10games, blocked a shot on the pinky finger, the threads popped and lost the padding on the pinky finger

My 10w30 pants lasted one shift before they ripped in the crotch. Never skated a tour skate so can't really knock them but I'd never mess with any of their softgoods again, ever.

My pair of Code1s are still going strong after nearly four years of hockey, such a great skate. Also I've used the 10w40s and Lionhearts, 10w40s in my opinion are one of the most comfortable pairs of pants I've used and my old pair, aside from a large rip in the knee from playing outdoors, are still holding up just fine. And I have a pair of white Tour gloves which after making a modification to the thumbs, which were way too stiff imo, I've enjoyed using them and they look great as well.

Not bad Tour, not bad.