Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

theelite

Hockey Expo

Im really curious too about the Trade show.

I saw on the schedule the times and dates, with some saying "Trade" and the otheres being "Trade and Consumer." so im guessing that the end buyer can buy items here if on sale? :angry:

And like the OP what can we expect, being a consumer.

thx

I never heard of that trade show before. I may have to check it out.

I don't see any good information on that website on who the vendors will be.

I'm thinking it would be cool to go if Easton was selling S19 helmets there for example, but how do we know? Call the trade show?

I'm hoping that there are some big showings from some of the major brands...

Bauer has a office in Mississauga... Warrior in Oakville... Easton in QC...

I'm hoping that there are some big showings from some of the major brands...

Bauer has a office in Mississauga... Warrior in Oakville... Easton in QC...

Bauer doesn't do tradeshows.

The Leafs and the HHOF will have booth at that show.

From what I've seen, none of the major suppliers were there.

Hopefully it has changed by now.

"expo" and "tradeshow" are two very different things.

expos are focused on increasing growth through public awareness and tradeshows are focused primarily on growth through retail support. most tradeshows (not just hockey) are not open to the general public

an expo will have booths filled with random businesses (hotel/motel, community clubs, hockey training schools, junior a/b teams or fringe products) that are looking to make an impression on the demographic of that specific activity (in this case, hockey) in order to create more revenue (essentially a more direct way of advertising) while tradeshows will have reps from the manufacturer's of the given industry essentially giving sales and or brand presentations showing off the latest and greatest to your LHS buyers and managers exclusively to secure orders.

Unless you have a buyers badge expect to be ignored. Also, the "things customers do to lhs workers" will be on display in fine form. Things like expos tend to be like the state fair in terms of general public behavior.

You may be able to buy things there. If the manufacturers are allowed to sell there, it doesn't mean that they will. They have to set it up in advance with paperwork regarding sales tax... If you see something you really want and they aren't selling at the show, you still may be able to work out a deal and buy it at the end of the trade show.

I had a booth at the Vegas Expo. I wasn't selling, but I had dealers that really wanted to take my product home with them, so of course I accomodated them:-). BTW - I picked up a couple items at the end of the show myself. Some great equipment from smaller company's that will hit the market over the next couple months.

Anyway, You'll have a blast. It's like Toy's R Us for hockey players.

Sounds fun.

Regarding companies not selling, i'm sure they will sell it, just speak to the manager/owner quietly, they usually put up a front (for show that their following the rules), but the'll sell it. I mean, i've been to a ton of expo's and most of the time the owners dont want to lug their products home. ..

I will def. go and check this out.

there will be stuff for sale, for sure. even if its a cash and carry "sample" that you're buying. EVERYTHING is for sale.

there was a hockey expo here in the summer, the canucks' booth was selling some pro stock stuff, sande was there selling gear and an LHS was showing off current model gear (with price tags on it) and had a whole section of closeouts and specials just for the show.

what people (specifically DREW) are getting at here is that IF there is a manufacturer on hand, don't expect to be able to pick his brain, as he'll likely rather spend his time talking to guys with accreditation badges (store owners, buyers, people of influence, etc). the reps usually send people to these shows anyways. the brands i repped used to go to expos all the time and i always hired a tech weenie/fan boy type kid from a retail store to stand there and answer questions for $10/hr.

there was a hockey expo here in the summer, the canucks' booth was selling some pro stock stuff, sande was there selling gear and an LHS was showing off current model gear (with price tags on it) and had a whole section of closeouts and specials just for the show.

And all those are local guys/store/suppliers that everyone had access to without the show. I think the biggest thing with them is that while there may be some gems floating around, I wouldn't get my hopes up that I'd find the latest and greatest in gear at the most amazing prices, or run into a high profile rep from an elite company.

And Shotty, if I remember correctly you said that was about it for highlights for the show?

If im hoping and praying to God ill be able to find some good deals and equip. that i would like, what day is the best to go on during an expo wekend (ex. 1st day, 2nd day, 3rd day)?

thx

if you're going there FOR good deals, dont get your hopes up. its an expo, not a swap meet. the only people making money are the organizers (maybe). for everyone else its an advertising expense. that being said, if there are deals to be had, the best day to go would be first thing day 1. most smart exhibitors would time their sales though, to keep people coming back and for crowd control.

Bauer doesn't do tradeshows.

Do you think they should? Don't you think as the industry leader they have a responsibility to do at least the trade show in Vegas. If Bauer comes, so many more companies and vendors would show up.

Do you think they should? Don't you think as the industry leader they have a responsibility to do at least the trade show in Vegas. If Bauer comes, so many more companies and vendors would show up.

i'm not sure if he was speaking about the trade show for buyers and whatnot, or the expos that are open to the public. either way, from what i've seen and heard, bauer is very secretive about who, when and where they show their latest and greatest. if they do previews on their own terms (in a hotel room, or in the store owners/manager/buyer's office, they can control who sees the product, and this allows them to keep a lid on it. with open show format like trade shows, manufacturer's have no real control over who walks by and snaps pictures or listens in on a conversation.

industry leaders can make their own rules, so long as they continue to pump out the best of the best.

as for bauer showing up at expos... there's no point in spending the money. a big company like that would have a "go big or go home" mentality (rent 8 booths and make a major statement). being at expos is expensive and if you already have an established customer base, millions of dollars in orders and 90% of the nhl wearing your gear, there's no need to spend the money and man hours at an expo where joe dirt is going to flex test all your demo sticks, knock over your glove rack and take two handfuls of swag. as i mentioned before, its the brands that are looking for exposure that see expos as not only a necessity, but time/money well spent.

Kept hearing every radio station today giving out a "shout-out" of the hockey expo today. Just wondering if any one has already went, or for those who are going today can you tell me if it worth a drive to check it out. I'm mainly looking to make some purchases, not so much to browse around and check out any innovations or whatnot.