Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hradsky

Is Junior Hockey Free?

Essex, Dundas I think, Glenbrook? and some team in Niagara wanted to scout me, then I said I was 1000 miles away, and they had no interest anymore, and neither did I.

Sorry I cant be more specific, this was 2 years ago and all the emails are long gone. If you are having a concern on not sure if you want to, just call /email coach, they'll take your money for a tryout. And if you aren't sure you can make it, I'm sure they'd arrange some sort of scouting opportunity since your so close.

Essex, Dundas I think, Glenbrook? and some team in Niagara wanted to scout me, then I said I was 1000 miles away, and they had no interest anymore, and neither did I.

Sorry I cant be more specific, this was 2 years ago and all the emails are long gone. If you are having a concern on not sure if you want to, just call /email coach, they'll take your money for a tryout. And if you aren't sure you can make it, I'm sure they'd arrange some sort of scouting opportunity since your so close.

Alright thanks, it's just that I'd rather annoy you then them :P

I was just thinking that if they want to scout their players, then I guess you would have to contact them before your season ends. But yeah I'll figure it out next year when I'm actually going to be trying out.

Yeah I was contacting them in december and janurary. If you haven't contacted a team by now, its kinda late. they'd still let you tryout for sure if theyre during late summer, but, if they are still in spring your too late.

Yeah I was contacting them in december and janurary. If you haven't contacted a team by now, its kinda late. they'd still let you tryout for sure if theyre during late summer, but, if they are still in spring your too late.

Yup, this is actually pretty crazy stuff just for "glorified house". I don't think my local Jr. A team even went to scout players that applied, they just wanted your money and let you try out.

By the way, there was some other guy in some other thread (on these boards) who mentioned he was a first or second line Jr B player, or a 4th line Jr A player...Does this translate into Jr C vs Jr B as well? Or is the talent drop off just too big in between those leagues. I don't really want to play Jr. C until I'm too old, I kind of hoped to just use it as a stepping stone to higher levels.

i'd say top 2 lines in jrc is bottom 2 in jrb. there are some jrc teams that think its jr a . its kinda crazy.

Alright cool, I think that's all for my questions thanks a lot for your help.

I asked the GM guy what the cost would be, he said it's all free, in fact they provide sticks, gloves, helmets, skate sharpenings, etc. And bus everywhere when it's more than 30minutes from the home rink.

Now that's awesome!

So I got to get back to practicing if I want to make the team, I'm off to stick handling in the living room while watching "Friends" for like the 10th time.

But seriously, thanks for answering all those questions, I really appreciate it.

I don't know much about junior hockey since I was never good enough to even consider it, but I will tell you that I have heard a lot of stories about guys saying their starting up a team and recruiting a bunch of kids then running off with the money never to be heard from again. So if somebody tells you about a new team forming up watch out. Obviously you have a lot of help from the members of this fourm but just know that there are scammers out there. It usually happens in Jr. C or D, at least the two instances I know about (one was in the Toledo/Ann Arbor area I believe, other was either in Muskegon or Grand Rapids area) were in one of those levels.

honestly sane, you'd have to be pretty retarded for that to happen to you.

Like if you didn't check the league's website, or their website, or haven't heard of any of it, then its probably a scam. What kind of parents would throw away a couple hundred bucks for a tryout if they didn't know anything about it?

and np hardsky. that's pretty cool you found a team that is basically free.

There's a difference between being stupid and gullible. There are parents everywhere that would love to hear that their child is going to be a star player on a new team working his way to the NHL. They just need to give them some money for registration/housing/etc and their kid is on his way to the NHL.

There's a difference between being stupid and gullible. There are parents everywhere that would love to hear that their child is going to be a star player on a new team working his way to the NHL. They just need to give them some money for registration/housing/etc and their kid is on his way to the NHL.

Pretty much this. We had a similar thing happen up here in a place called Comox valley up in BC. Junior Prep Camp I think it was called. Guy who ran it kept the CC numbers from some of the parents and just bought tons of shit. Like, maxed out the cards, and fled the country. That kinda thing. He eventually got tracked down I think, but one of my old teammates parents lost thousands from this guy. Just hit close to home for me.

But this is a guy who provided a camp or whatever, and then later took money.

I'm talking a guy who claims to have this camp or team or whatever, and then parents give them money without investigating it. If you do that you're retarded (which is what I thought Cpt Sane was saying) . If you do what Krev mentioned, you just get scammed.

I honestly don't know the specifics of either situation, whether it was a camp or an actual team that was supposedly being formed, I just heard about them through word of mouth (friend of a friend type stuff). Plus it was a while ago so I can't remember what all I was told to begin with, just thought it would be some useful info and something to watch out for.

There's a new team in my area that calls themselves Jr. A being run by a convicted felon who has created charity foundations and left with the money.

I know a ton of people who flocked to the team to play "Jr. A" and I am sad to say that I know what the result is going to be before it has even happened. I tried warning everyone but these idiots (who some of which are my friends) are too enamored by the thought of playing "Jr. A" to realize what is about to happen.

I put Jr. A in quotes because they are not actually Jr. A. It's the IJHL's "Super Elite" division which is not even USA Hockey sanctioned. Comparable to Jr. B. And that makes this team even more of a joke because we have plenty of other Jr. B options around us.

There's a new team in my area that calls themselves Jr. A being run by a convicted felon who has created charity foundations and left with the money.

I know a ton of people who flocked to the team to play "Jr. A" and I am sad to say that I know what the result is going to be before it has even happened. I tried warning everyone but these idiots (who some of which are my friends) are too enamored by the thought of playing "Jr. A" to realize what is about to happen.

I put Jr. A in quotes because they are not actually Jr. A. It's the IJHL's "Super Elite" division which is not even USA Hockey sanctioned. Comparable to Jr. B. And that makes this team even more of a joke because we have plenty of other Jr. B options around us.

Well if you're absolutely sure about it then you should slap some sense into the guys who want to go play there, especially if it's not Junior A, that's just dumb.

By the way, I found this: http://www.ohahockey.org/page/show/114885-...am-affiliations

Team affiliations within Ontario. Pretty cool for anybody who is interested.

It turns out Dundas is affiliated with the Stoney Creek Warriors, who are one of the top Jr. B teams.

My friends grandfather runs this league. He told me his grandfather is an asshole. That explained everything lol. League is just B level, It's hilarious how seriously my coach takes the league. He's in Russia right now. Can't wait to see who the fuck he brings back...................If your looking for some fun or a stepping stone to other leagues, the ijhl is fine. Just don't believe the coaches who tell you you can play D1 in hockey east. That shit rarely happens here.