Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bearfight

Franchise Durability

I'm currently wearing Pro Fubars and absolutely love them. I'm treating myself to a pair of custom Franchises this summer because I'll be going to school, and my Fubars aren't the right color.

For all you guys who have gone the custom Franchise route, how have your gloves broken in? I tried on another players the other night who had all carbon gloves and they were floppy enough to fold them in half. Would the leather option provide more rigidity through the break in process? Thanks for the input.

For me there wasn't a 'breakin' process, they've felt amazing since I've got 'em. It sounds like when you were wearing his gloves that they were just too big for you. if the inch was right go with narrows. Having carbon or leather or cloth shouldn't make a difference on anything that you feel. Its all about palm and size. BTW you'll love 'em. Best glove I've ever had, by far, and we havent' had someone who has bought them be disappointed.

Ahh I forgot to mention I wear 15", his were probably 13". I just slipped them on mostly to feel the interior of the glove.

So fit being proper, you don't think any of the three materials would hold the gloves structure better/worse?

I realize they're performance gloves, and I'm used to having to get new equipment due to breakdown because I'm a big kid with a lot of ice... I'm just looking to see if there's a consensus on this.

Also, I'm expecting to love them. I had my Fubar Pros done up with some MSH2 palms and are by far my favorite gloves I've ever worn/owned.

We've had customs done with all 3 outer shells, and I couldn't tell a difference in feel between them. It was all about the palm. The Pearl Mustang imo is the best for your money, but, doesn't last that long / no warranty. The regular seems to have the best durability and its feel is still really amazing.

If you had to go with one that would keep its structure best, I'd say leather, but only slightly. Also depending on the color it does look the best. But yeah you'll be in total love with them. Kinda pisses me off I ended up getting them however, because there is no way I'll go back to something else, there so freaking awesome.

For feel nothing beats the mustang palms. But unless you an unlimited budget or someone else is buying your gloves for you, durability is a huge issue with them. With mine rips and tears started appearing after about 10 uses and even after sewing and babying the palms the best I could they were totally unusable after about 20 to 30 games. Other than the palm issues I had they are a great glove

The palms were dual layer like all the other palms thet offer. A truely great feing palm, extremely soft and supple. But all that comes with a huge durability issue.

Interesting. I'm planning on ordering a custom pair real soon. I was going to get Mustang, but now I think I'll pass. I cannot justify a palm that isn't going to last me a LOT of games. However, I've been told they are working on a new Mustang palm to have better durability (hence the "temp. unavailable" status of it on the customizer)

yours leafs went out that fast? Damn. What tape are you using? I've noticed that makes a big difference. Since I've got them I"ve gone from normal cloth (blade tape), to clear tape, to then mesh grip tape. This has saved these palms. Virturally no ware since I've switched to the mesh grip.

After probably 50 skates with clear tape and normal cloth, I had a small hole in my left palm (I'm right handed, so the left is where the action is with the tape on the handle, right is perfectly fine). I switched to mesh grip tape and have skated probably 100 times with them and there is basically no additional wear. I haven't fixed the palms at all, and let nature do their work... the hole ain't growing (very small, still).

Also to let you guys know, you can buy pearl mustang palms for like 50 bucks through your LHS. They'll have to order it in, but I got another set of palms a couple months ago, thinking I'd need to replace them really soon. I don't think I'll have to replace them within another year. Granted I wont be skating as much, but still, the fact that I'll probably get another 100 skates out of them imo proves it all depends on the tape you are using for your handle, and also if grip or non. When using a friends grip stick for a week I noticed wear on my right palm, so ideally I believe mesh grip + non-grip stick will get you the longest life out of these palms.

Our rep said that the pros who use these palms are replacing them every 2-3 months, so basically you should be getting about 60-75 skates out of them no matter how you tape your stick.

Raganblink,

Will the color on those mesh tape rub off on the palms of the gloves? I was thinking about trying them but, prefer that the color doesn't transfer to the palm. Not really a big deal but, if it does rub off I'll just try the white ones.

As far as the material of the glove itself, what would you recommend? The carbon or Tufftek? The classic leather seems to be outdated now and all the new gloves have new material (I think its tufftek???).

With mesh tape it doesn't matter what color you have, it wont rub off (at least it isn't for me). If you are worried go with the same color as the palm, but, it shouldn't rub off any color.

And with what layer to get - totally up to you. I have full carbon all the way around and I don't mind it, however, I would have liked to get a full leather or all 3 layers actually. If you have white on any part of your glove however, don't make it tufftek (don't make the white tufftek). But all 3 layers look pretty good, the new franchise gloves have all 3 layers on them. Its pretty hard to be disappointed with anything you get on them.

Thanks raganblink. I usually just use white cloth tape on the knobs and most likely just try the white mesh tape as well, but I saw that they have dark green mesh tape so I thought of trying one of those.

About the materials for the gloves, I prefer tufftek or other nylon type materials on my gloves myself. I recently ordered a pair of custom Franchises and I don't have them yet but, I went with mostly tufftek with couple of the stripes in the classic material for a little bit of contrast. I agree with raglanblink regarding the white tufftek, I have a pair of gloves with white tufftek on some parts of it and the white tufftek gets dirty easily and while I usually don't mind too much if the gloves get scuffed up and dirty it looks pretty bad on white tufftek since it stands out.

I thought about cleaning it, but I've never actually done it. What came to mind when I was thinking of ways to clean it was using some carpet cleaner and going through it with a soft brush.

yours leafs went out that fast? Damn. What tape are you using? I've noticed that makes a big difference. Since I've got them I"ve gone from normal cloth (blade tape), to clear tape, to then mesh grip tape. This has saved these palms. Virturally no ware since I've switched to the mesh grip.

After probably 50 skates with clear tape and normal cloth, I had a small hole in my left palm (I'm right handed, so the left is where the action is with the tape on the handle, right is perfectly fine). I switched to mesh grip tape and have skated probably 100 times with them and there is basically no additional wear. I haven't fixed the palms at all, and let nature do their work... the hole ain't growing (very small, still).

Also to let you guys know, you can buy pearl mustang palms for like 50 bucks through your LHS. They'll have to order it in, but I got another set of palms a couple months ago, thinking I'd need to replace them really soon. I don't think I'll have to replace them within another year. Granted I wont be skating as much, but still, the fact that I'll probably get another 100 skates out of them imo proves it all depends on the tape you are using for your handle, and also if grip or non. When using a friends grip stick for a week I noticed wear on my right palm, so ideally I believe mesh grip + non-grip stick will get you the longest life out of these palms.

Our rep said that the pros who use these palms are replacing them every 2-3 months, so basically you should be getting about 60-75 skates out of them no matter how you tape your stick.

I use grip shafts and taci mac grips which I've usedfor years now and never had any problems with them before. I had to get a pair of Easton E pro stock gloves to finish the season cause the gloves just became unusable. I would have posted some pictures of them but have only just this week sent them off to repalmed. It wasn't just holes that appeared in them but they literally fell apart at the seams. I don't want anyone to think I'm knocking warrior cause I'm not. I used their sticks since the days they first came on the Market as innovative. I wouldn't hesitate getting another pair of franchise gloves either just not with the mustang palms that's all

I can't stand white tufftek. It's such a pain to keep clean. What's the best way to clean it?

I've used hydrogen peroxide on q-tips to remove some blood off a pair of my gloves and it worked great, BUT, just be careful not to get that stuff on any colored portions of the gloves because it will oxidize the material and remove the color.

I've used hydrogen peroxide on q-tips to remove some blood off a pair of my gloves and it worked great, BUT, just be careful not to get that stuff on any colored portions of the gloves because it will oxidize the material and remove the color.

Thanks. I will try that and maybe a mild soap solution if the hydrogen peroxide doesn't work.

For you guys with the Tuffek how do you find it does with odor?

Spray 'em with Febreze (inside too) after usage and then put in front of a fan to dry. Works great.

For you guys with the Tuffek how do you find it does with odor?

Let them air dry and they are fine.