Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bearfight

Franchise Durability

Hey guys, instead of starting a new thread i decided to resurrect this one.

Took a trip to my local LHS and tried on some franchises today and they seemed kind of cheap and were rough on the inside, especially the back of the hands and fingers.

I've been using Pro Fubars for the last season and a half, and they still seem much nicer and actually felt as though they're made better than than the franchises I tried today. Do the customs still have this rough feeling on the inside??

Your LHS should have it, if not, ask for it. If they still wont sell it, the monkeys and giants etc should sell it.

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/renfrew-hockey-tape-206.html

That's what you're looking for, doesn't have to be renfrew, different companies make the same thing.

THANKS! No really, I didn't know they had purple tape but now I do because of you :biggrin:

Oh and to stay on topic, I personally have don't have Franchises but if they're as good (obviously they're better) as Bullies than they're probably the best gloves ever.

Took a trip to my local LHS and tried on some franchises today and they seemed kind of cheap and were rough on the inside, especially the back of the hands and fingers.

I've been using Pro Fubars for the last season and a half, and they still seem much nicer and actually felt as though they're made better than than the franchises I tried today. Do the customs still have this rough feeling on the inside??

I own a bunch of Franchises, I have customs and I've had retails, and none of them ever felt rough on the inside. For the most part, all the pairs I've had have the silver shield liner (green with silver thread sew throughout) and I've really been happy with the quality of work that warrior has put into their product, I've never had a single complaint. What was the year of the glove you tried on? I'm assuming it was a retail model (The only reason I ask is because I've had a pro stock model that had a green interior with a mesh over it that had a rough feeling to it)?

To give a bit more info on the franchises:

I ordered some eagles a while back and the craftsmanship was poor and the gloves had some visual defects, so needless to say I was a bit hesitant when ordering customs again, but I decided to give warrior a shot, and I couldn't have been any happier. The gloves, depending on the palm (nash is kinda stiff until broken in properly due to it being the thickest available palm warrior offers), usually feel fantastic upon receiving them. They're a roomy glove but don't give the feel of wanting to fall off all the time like some of the other more spacious gloves. Additionally, warrior has been fantastic to work with and they are always responsive to my questions. Couldn't recommend their product more. If you have anymore questions please shoot them my way.

They were definitely a retail pair but I can't be sure about which model they might be, I suspect a little older.

Another quick question for ya - ate either of the performance palms real thin like msh2 and remotely slick/non gripy?

They were definitely a retail pair but I can't be sure about which model they might be, I suspect a little older.

Another quick question for ya - ate either of the performance palms real thin like msh2 and remotely slick/non gripy?

I have kangaroo goat on a pair of creepers. It's not as thin as msh2 or as slick, but I still like it better than msh2.

So as far as comparisons to the MSH2 palm goes, nothing that warrior offers really matches up to MSH2 for feel and durability. The performance palms that warrior offers (Kangaroo/goat and the mustang) have a tendency to wear through rather quickly but feel great while using them. The best combination of durability and feel is probably going to be the micronash combo, although, if durability isn't that big of an issue for you and you want a great feeling palm that is non-gripy, I would go with the mustang.

I have kangaroo goat on a pair of creepers. It's not as thin as msh2 or as slick, but I still like it better than msh2.

Bobby, do your goat palms get caught up on grip coated sticks?

So as far as comparisons to the MSH2 palm goes, nothing that warrior offers really matches up to MSH2 for feel and durability. The performance palms that warrior offers (Kangaroo/goat and the mustang) have a tendency to wear through rather quickly but feel great while using them. The best combination of durability and feel is probably going to be the micronash combo, although, if durability isn't that big of an issue for you and you want a great feeling palm that is non-gripy, I would go with the mustang.

Bobby, do your goat palms get caught up on grip coated sticks?

with some grips they do when the palms get wet.

i had the same experience when i tried on retail franchises ('10 model) at my lhs. the inside of the glove, especially on the backs of the fingers, was very uncomfortable; when i closed my hand to make a fist, it scraped against my pinky knuckle pretty badly (i imagined having to put on a band-aid/tape every time i play).

i'd appreciate some more insight on this with regard to retail vs. custom. thanks.

Simply put, quality control.

at my shop there was some pairs that were rough while others with same size etc were smooth as glass.

with customs, I believe they go thru an inspection thus there isnt the issue with them

In my opinion the Warrior Franchises are over rated. For the amount of money to customize the gloves, they should automatically come with the pro-pack, lock thumb option. I made the mistake of saving $15 out of the $240 I spent and didn't get the lock thumb; and it just feels cheap compared to my retail gloves that have the lock thumb option. For the price the Eagles are going or the Bauer X60-pro's (Very comfortable gloves) your getting way more bang for your buck. I also got some custom Eagles that only cost me $175 including sales tax and shipping costs. Like I said this is all my personal opinion.

Ragan, was in another shop today and tried on a pair of bullys that were much smoother than the rough franchises I encountered and the QC thought occurred to me. I imagine warrior would closely inspect the customs before being shipped though... at least I would have hoped so with bauer and my pair of T1 customs. Shotty stitching - although purely aesthetic - and both blades bent due to crap holder mounting. Thats a different story though.

For you guys with the Tuffek how do you find it does with odor?

I dry all my gloves immediately after getting home from an ice time and I have never had problems with odor. I've heard of tons of different methods of getting rid of odor but as soon as the gloves start to stink it's pretty hard to get rid of it.

I found the Fubars fit nicer than the retail Franchises as well. My Pro Stock Franchises have the Silver Shield lining extending to the fingers. It doesn't seem like the retail ones do and this may be the difference maker. I've tried on different pairs of Franchises at different shops and I still get the uncomfortable scraping on my knuckles so I know it's probably not a QC issue.