Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sickwilly

Standard Shaft Users

Sorry if this is a duplication of another thread (I did some searching).

I'm wondering how many of us are using standard shafts. I'm also interested in seeing which shafts folks are still using and if they are your primary stick, backup, etc.

I'm using an RLXN10 sometimes as a primary, sometimes as a backup. I'm trying to use up my OPS + work my way back to my stash of RLXN10's full-time.

I'm using a silver Z-Bubble shaft with a Momentum XD blade. It made it's way back into heavy rotation after my last OPS blade went soft. I'm not sure why I ever got away from it.

Blue Z-Bubble, One90 wood blade p106 (also have an ST, but not a huge fan)

My primary stick has been an S17 Iginla pattern. Can't find a wood blade with the Iginla curve I like. Thought about going through SWD to get it custom. It's weird, they're 2 very different curves, but I have no problem switching back and forth. Usually will switch to the ZBubble when my hands aren't feeling as soft with the S17 or if I'm getting a higher % of my chances in close. Can get the puck up quicker with the p106.

Also, use the ST when/if I play a game on defense for the most part.

A lot of the pro stocks I get are standard OPS. I'm amazed by how many of them I've gotten, seems to be a majority.

I've got 4 standard shafts...2 for ice & 2 I used to use for roller.

Used to Use (for roller hockey):

-Easton Ultralite 100 Flex (brownish-orange)

-Easton Griplite 110 Flex (green & I clear coated it because the grip got WAY too sticky due to age even though I stored it indoors)

Currently use (for ice hockey):

-Nike Bauer One95 87 flex (09 Model)

-Easton Synergy ST 85 Flex (09 Model)

I like the Easton Synergy ST Blade in the Sakic curve & I have the 09 model in the ST shaft. Right now I have a Easton Synergy ST Heatley curve in the One95, but I don't care for the short length of the blade. I'll probably switch back to the Easton Synergy SC Pro Sakic curve for the One95 soon, even though its a bit heavier.

I also have an old green Easton Ultralite Modano curve & an old Easton Ultra Carbon Modano curve blade, which are currently in the Ultralite & Griplite shafts.

The only standard shaft I have left that I ever use is my old tri flex gold shaft. Best standard shaft I've ever used.

Been switching off between a metallic blue Z-Bubble and Cyclones for about 8 years now, although I'm finally making the transition. Looking at Dolomite and SE16 shafts now...

I have a few but I never use them. I should probably start selling them off, but I'm not.

I have:

Ultralite, pro stock original version

Redlite XN10

"Zbubble" aluminum pro stock

Flyweight, pro stock standard

A/C 7000

All are great shafts, I just don't ever use them. I much rather use my tapered shafts or OPSs. I'd have to say that the only standard shafts I don't mind are the Ultralite(all versions, but I've preferred the generations previous to the last gen) and the redlites(CS2 or XN10), great durability and very good performance.

I just got a Reebok 6K blade (not tapered) and I want to buy a shaft for it, would it fit into a Warrior AK shaft? I don't know if some brands are incompatible...

standard across the board for me:

gamer is now a tps r8 lite "pro radius"

backup is my trusty silver z-bubble

other backups- Warrior AK27 prostock, nikebauer one 95, pro stock one 95, tps xn10 redlite,

& then I have my old school easton aluminum cyclone (LOOOOVE that shaft), easton "skarkskin", and an OG easton gold/red shaft

never really dug OPS b/c of the price, and because I now use some custom sherwood blades the kids I coach got me as a gift last year....