Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DolomaticDangles

Z-Leader shield

I loved mine when i had it like 10 years ago... I dont think they make them anymore!

they don't. I started out with the half shield half cage version but got tired of it getting scratched up so I switched to the z leader chrome cage. I LOVED the fact that it didn't have straps on it. I still have about 4 or 5 of the cages sitting in a storage bin in my basement.

k9UNuZFdAUdrklA.jpg

Z-leader has long since been out of hockey, anything you find will be old stock. I think they had another one that was more like the style most use.

Looks similar to the setup on the Itech/Bauer X-100 visors almost... minus the flip up.

The flip up was a nice feature, but that haredware on the side was so bulky and hard to snap back into place (at least I always thought it was). Had one of the half visors when I started playing on an old school Jofa bucket - all around bad look.

Heaviest cages ever

I definitely agree. I upgraded my helmet to a Bauer 9500 and had so much trouble putting the Zleader cage on that I bought a 9500 cage off of Ebay. I was so impressed with the 9500 cage that even after I decided to ditch the 9500 helmet (just didn't fit my head right) for Intake pro stocks I stuck with the 9500 cages for both of my helmets.

I definitely agree. I upgraded my helmet to a Bauer 9500 and had so much trouble putting the Zleader cage on that I bought a 9500 cage off of Ebay. I was so impressed with the 9500 cage that even after I decided to ditch the 9500 helmet (just didn't fit my head right) for Intake pro stocks I stuck with the 9500 cages for both of my helmets.

I also upgraded to a 9500 cage, what an improvement!