Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wingsfan7777

Helmets for really wide heads

I'm one of those people who have a really wide head and cant find the right helmet ofr me. On all the helmets ive had it pinches my head above the temples. Ive tryed the bauer 5000, 4000 and ccm 1052, 652 and those still dont work. Anyone who has a wide head or know of a good helmet for really wide heads let me know

Almost all hockey helmets I've seen are made for oblong shaped skulls with narrow and round foreheads/temples. Size has little to do with proportions of these helmets. I know for a fact that the Jofa 690 is wider at the front than the Bauer or CCM helmets mentioned as I also have them, and the Itechs I've tried on weren't any different.

Jofa 690 or Jofa "Great Kazoo" 390(if you can find). Easily the best fitting helmets.

Buddy of mine has a melon from hell and the 390 is the only thing that fit him. Good thing Jeremy doesn't use the internet much. :ph34r:

I have a pretty large dome (7 7/8 Hat), i wore the Jofa 690 bucket for several years and just switched to a Bauer 4000 size xl closed all the way down. It gives me all of the width i need. The cage/visor you wear will also have an effect on the width.

I just remembered an old fitting trick my retail days..... To make a Bauer 4000 wider, loosen the screws and adjust to fit, tighten the front screws. then pull the back out futrther till its comfortable. This may help if you find the 4000 is snug... Good luck

Chadd: he is likely wearing the best fitting helmet ever made....also the only multiple purpose helmet, that also doubles for a puck bucket after warm ups and a salad bowl at dinner.

Jofa 690 or Jofa "Great Kazoo" 390(if you can find).  Easily the best fitting helmets.

Buddy of mine has a melon from hell and the 390 is the only thing that fit him. Good thing Jeremy doesn't use the internet much. :huh:

I know a dude here whose nickname is "Melon."

That boy has got a headdddddddddddddddd...

XL Bauer 4000 opened up is all that fits him.

My husband has a huge noggin' and Mission Carbster XL fits him just fine.

:)

I have an XL too. 7 5/8" hat size.

I have everyone wearin' mission Carbs.. bought one for my brothers b-day too. lol.. there sooooooooooo comfy :P

Hah, I play with a guy whose name is Buckethead, had an HH4000XL. Now he wears an XL carbster.

IMO, 1052/ht500 ccms are the way to go for wide heads. But for an overall big head, pick up an XL carbster or a 4000xl