Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NextBobbyOrr

Base Hockey

I just called this morning. Sounds legit. Plus one thing to add, is that along with Customization colors, you can get your team logo on it too! And Scotty, do you know if by naked, it'd mean just like matte black?? Because I'm open to either the naked or sharkskin, just not glossy.

Yeah, I would imagine that finish is simply without a clearcoat and therefore matte in color. A cleared shaft with a matte blade would be pretty cool.

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=536283&navid=DL|VAN|home

related article from CDC

my question is, what are we looking at for cost? a custom stick is great and all, but will it cost more than a mybauer one95?

$149.99CAN for a Senior. If you buy 2 they are $139.99 each.

Hmmmm very interesting to see where this company might go, I wouldn't mind trying one of their sticks especially if they are really going to offer all the custom options they say they are. Wonder what the min. order would be?

Minimum order is 1 stick.

That estimate seems too good to be true, but I just checked various online prices of junior sticks though and unless they're very much skimping on the junior product, could be a realistic range. On the tangent, I just can't believe anyone is shelling out $180 bones for a junior stick.

Don't let the prices fool you. Cliff wanted to have good products but keep them at an affordable price. They're also a new brand trying to establish themselves so coming in with a low price will help them get market share.

Mickz said he ordered one. Hopefully he can put a review out. My summer jobs gonna pay off, I've got enough for one, I'll probably buy a pair in October. Totally interested. I just wish they offered the flexes in increments of 5 rather than the whole 75, 85. I'd like to try an 80 or 90 flex.

Alright. Someone buy one and let us know how it is. This is MSH, we need reviews and stuff.

Best thing would be a LTR, but I don't see them reaching out to us anytime soon.

Best thing would be a LTR, but I don't see them reaching out to us anytime soon.

Is that always how it works? We don't reach to them and offer it? This is one of the bigger hockey forums online... You'd think companies would be coming to places like this to spread the word.

That surprises me a bit. Even if one were overestimating the reaches/influence of MSH, I'd think a few free sticks that get great reviews here would benefit them far more than the cost of the few freebies doled out.

I think this has a chance to be wildly successful. Hockey players know what they like (especially when it comes to sticks) and being able to get something customized in many ways is going to turn some heads. The fact that it's got potentially good pricing and also could perform similar to the high-end sticks currently out there from the established manufacturers really is a combination for success and help grab market share and get a foot in the door to start off in this business.

To anyone who has tried them, what is the shaft profile like? Boxy like the 10k, slightly rounded box like the SE16, or very rounded like the Dolos?

Just got off the phone with BASE about my order and started chatting about MSH with them and told them about the LTR and they sounded pretty interested. Told them to get in touch with JR about it, so lets hope that works out.

Additionally, these are some really great people at BASE, easy to deal with and the price for the US was $130, so I was pretty surprised.

Earlier it was mentioned that stick geometry is an option they are going to have in the coming months, well, they said they're also adding kickpoint customization (right now it is only available in low kickpoint) and more, so that sounds pretty promising.

The stick weight is approx. 430 g

Also, the Vancouver facility is open for fittings (their number is 604-421-2273)

Hope this helps some of you guys out.

oh yeah, turn around time is 5-7 business days (which includes full customization)

Woah...that's cheap. I'll stay tuned. If a deal I have falls through and I can get my money back, I might give it a shot.

Just got off the phone with BASE about my order and started chatting about MSH with them and told them about the LTR and they sounded pretty interested. Told them to get in touch with JR about it, so lets hope that works out.

Additionally, these are some really great people at BASE, easy to deal with and the price for the US was $130, so I was pretty surprised.

Earlier it was mentioned that stick geometry is an option they are going to have in the coming months, well, they said they're also adding kickpoint customization (right now it is only available in low kickpoint) and more, so that sounds pretty promising.

The stick weight is approx. 430 g

Also, the Vancouver facility is open for fittings (their number is 604-421-2273)

Hope this helps some of you guys out.

oh yeah, turn around time is 5-7 business days (which includes full customization)

It's $130 customized? i thought someone said it was $150 CAD customized? the CAD to USD rate isnt that far apart is it?

What number did you call? I tried giving them a buzz earlier for the same reason and the phone just kept ringing and ringing forever.

I just got off the phone with them. I was super impressed. I was informed about Base and other gear companies. Apparently, Base has a way stronger blade than all other companies. It's made to be more accurate and shoot better. I know I shouldn't believe just what I hear, but he was very smart and knew what he was talking about. Also found out if you do fitting, it's 50 dollars, but once they get your specs that's the only time you'd need to do it. Sounds awesome. I cannot wait till I can finally get one.

It's $140 customized USA (all customization refers to is graphics)

Also, kinda random, but for people who like large orders, 6 or more is $115/stick

So to be clear, to get a stick with sandpaper blade, clear shaft, blue color, and lidstrom pattern is $140 US? Does anyone know what the stock color is, since a different color is "Customization"?

So to be clear, to get a stick with sandpaper blade, clear shaft, blue color, and lidstrom pattern is $140 US? Does anyone know what the stock color is, since a different color is "Customization"?

To get it customized would be 150....the stock color is like a red/maroonish. And you should best call them. They really do know their stuff it's pretty cool.

Jesus man, send them an F-ing email if you're interested. I did last night and had a response and .pdf file containing pictures, pricing, and warranty info.

I'm definitely intrigued in Base after hearing about them. I've got some extra money laying around, so I might consider buying one or two of them. It's too bad the shaft geometry and kickpoint options aren't available right now though, that would definitely sway me to try some of their sticks.

Jesus man, send them an F-ing email if you're interested. I did last night and had a response and .pdf file containing pictures, pricing, and warranty info.

Just e-milaid them and i am waiting to hear back