Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AIREAYE

What's so special about Eagle Gloves?

My R8's started out at size 13 and ended up around size 15. I could literally fit both hands in that glove if I tried.

Ditto for mine. I loved my R8 gloves when they were new, but after a month they were just too big for me and started hampering my play a bit.

I wear PPF's and dig the heck out of them. Great mobility, great feel. But I have come to realize that I gotta keep an eye on them. Specifically regarding the stitching on the palms.

Have not had a problem since, and love the gloves. But again...you might have to keep an eye on them.

I don't think this a is a general problem with Eagle PPF gloves. every glove maker has a dud every now and then. I have several pairs of Eagle PPFi's, one pair I wear on a regular basis for the same team and the others I rotate through on secondary teams and I haven't even come close to having this problem.

to answer the OP's question, for me it's the MSH2 palm along with the gloves superior protection and flexibility right out of the box.

yeah. I should have said tighter fitting than the typical 4 roll glove. My mark streit r8's don't feel very loose.

Maybe true but when you guys are talking about pro-stock stuff I think your opinion is pretty much void. They can get whatever they want done to their gloves, no?

For almost all gloves, there's a bit of material connecting the thumb to the thumb's backroll...used as a place to hook the gloves to a wall display. For those who prefer a non-lock thumb with mobility, would cutting off this bit compromise anything? I assume it's preference as well, as I remember it was Enver Lisin I think, who did that too.

I actually have a pair of lisin's gloves, and ya he does cut that piece of material (so do a lot of other pro's). When I picked them up a bunch of guys on here warned me I'm gonna get hacked on the thumb and I'll hate that it's cut, but that's never happened to me and I've really loved the increased mobility it provides. So as long as you're cool with the fact that you might get a hack to the thumb (since it's a bit more exposed) I don't see why you shouldn't do it.

Maybe true but when you guys are talking about pro-stock stuff I think your opinion is pretty much void. They can get whatever they want done to their gloves, no?

true, but the streit's fit as the retail r8's fit was described in the review section. Also I think these were just made for him to try out during a practice so he didn't have any thing done to the glove.

Admittedly I've got really skinny hands and fingers. The Eagles were too short in the fingers for me, and they (along with the R8's) have that kangaroo pouch behind the palm for a tighter fit...but that just means the middle of the hand fit tighter, while the fingers were all sloppy for me.

Still, I can't say anything bad about the gloves themselves, and 9 out of 10 hockey player seem to love the 4-roll fit. If you like the fit, they could be the last gloves you buy...until you buy another several pairs just like all the other glove hoors :D

I've had my PPFs for about 3 years now and they are very comfortable. It's only now that it's starting to show signs of use (the stitching on the thumb side of the palm has come losose and opened up a hole. I've got the pre-Vaughn ones and last I heard, the PPF glove they have now fits very different compared to the one that I bought 3 years ago.

Admittedly I've got really skinny hands and fingers. The Eagles were too short in the fingers for me, and they (along with the R8's) have that kangaroo pouch behind the palm for a tighter fit...but that just means the middle of the hand fit tighter, while the fingers were all sloppy for me.

Still, I can't say anything bad about the gloves themselves, and 9 out of 10 hockey player seem to love the 4-roll fit. If you like the fit, they could be the last gloves you buy...until you buy another several pairs just like all the other glove hoors :D

R8s are the largest fitting 14" glove on the market. I can't wear most 14" gloves, but the R8s actually fit me pretty well. The PPFs also have longer fingers than the X70s from about five years ago and fit pretty big for a 14" glove.

I can't stand it when the cuff is tight to the wrist; which there are more anatomical gloves with loose cuffs. However, I also prefer the look of the 4 Roll over the tighter fitting gloves.

A bit late oto the discussion but I have 2 pair of eagles; one pair of X70's and one pair of CP94. Both are loose yet protective, perfect for what I want in a glove.

I honestly have a hard time wearing anything but Eagle and it's because of the finger length and thumb. I even posted awhile back about with various glove brands, the thumb binding always interferes with my index finger and it makes me nuts. Eagle thumbs are shorter and wider, and are functionally perfect for my game.

I haven't had a pair of customs done yet since the buyout, but on pre-buyout customs, I'd ask for 'Savard' fingers which were shorter and wider.

To the OP - I can't say much for the new retail PPF's, because the fit seems awkward to me. Almost like either the break in the fingers is at a weird spot, or the gussets aren't tall enough for my fingers, thus hindering the range of 'comfortable' motion. The one pair of post buyout PPF's I did have, the gussets were definitely shorter.

Pre buyout Eagle gloves, IMO, no other glove came close.

While I'm thinking about it, I wanted to ask this...does anyone else think the MSH2 is a different recipe now? Is that even possible? I swear on my eyes, the MSH2 that I have on my customs, and older Eagle gloves, is light years more plush and soft than the MSH2 that is being put on Eagle gloves right now. It could very easily be my imagination, but I truly believe it's different.

All that said, IMO, digital is still a better palm than MSH2.

While I'm thinking about it, I wanted to ask this...does anyone else think the MSH2 is a different recipe now? Is that even possible? I swear on my eyes, the MSH2 that I have on my customs, and older Eagle gloves, is light years more plush and soft than the MSH2 that is being put on Eagle gloves right now. It could very easily be my imagination, but I truly believe it's different.

All that said, IMO, digital is still a better palm than MSH2.

A different msh2 might be possible lol. I got some post buy out pro stocks, the msh2 palm doesn't seem like anything special to me

I don't think you're going to find an Eagle that's anatomical fitting.

The fusion gloves were a more narrow fit, that's the only thing that comes close.

I've been using Eagle gloves since the age of 12. I'm pretty sure I would never use another brand. I bought a pair of Bauers when I was 15 and was completely unsatisfied, I think I used them once. Eagle gloves just provide so much comfort and they are extremely durable. The palms are superior and they offer plenty of protection.

If you like the four roll style, Eagle was the best glove on the market for a long time. The PPF is still better a better glove than any of the other retail four roll styles I've seen, but that style doesn't work for everyone.

what is a four roll exactly?

So I finished drinking the Kool-Aide and bought a pair of ppfs from the Hockey Monkey blow out. Coming from using nothing but Bauer 4-rolls, I gotta say I wasn't crazy about the feel of these suckers. Don't get me wrong, beautiful glove, very comfortable, but I can't say I like the way the stick feels in my hands with them. I'm looking forward to giving them another shot this Sunday. Hopefully I'll get used to the feel because they're very comfortable otherwise!