Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zinger

TotalOne Shaft?

I just went in depth about its feel, durability, weight, higher kickpoint than the X60, and its tremendous kick (that some hardcore TPS XN10 users have been satisfied with).

I'm just curious why he choose the smaller rounded shaft shape with the one95 taper shaft order? I was it was more like the standard one95 ops.

I'm just curious why he choose the smaller rounded shaft shape with the one95 taper shaft order? I was it was more like the standard one95 ops.

Just an option I'd guess. Additionally, Bauer may just use the tapered mold for the X60, but who knows?

Rob stated the other week that he was actually meeting with Bauer in person that day and was talking to them about the possibility of the tapered shaft again. He'd already put in the formal request and is still waiting on their response. If feasible, they would likely not be ready until next spring (2011).

Just thought I'd keep you guys updated.

Anyone have any input/an early review on the Total One shaft/blade combo? Thinking about picking one up but haven't heard much on it.....

Update: Explained to Rob in detail the reasons why people liked the tapered One95 shaft. Rob states that as a result, he has now formally put in the request with Bauer for an SMU tapered TotalOne shaft. He's just waiting to hear back from them and if it is possible, it probably wouldn't be available until after the first of the year.

Excellent work, Scotty!

Anyone used a TotalONE shaft with a One95 blade? How's the feel & balance of the setup?

I plan on picking up the TO shaft and using a one95 blade with it tomorrow if my local Total Hockey has the flex I need. Im hesitant to go with the 67 INT since I cut my sticks at 58" and with the blade it will be around 56ish.

I plan on picking up the TO shaft and using a one95 blade with it tomorrow if my local Total Hockey has the flex I need. Im hesitant to go with the 67 INT since I cut my sticks at 58" and with the blade it will be around 56ish.

Let us know how you like the combo, TO & One95 blade.

^ Have you considered the AK27 Int 70 flex? Its 48" just an inch short than the TO int. I'm might get one or the other.

I did not. I'm not really into any other twigs than Bauer. The thing is though I need the INT to be as long as possible since I think it will be short. Compared to the OPS an INT would be 58" and the 2 piece 55-56". Atleast I think my calculations would be correct.

Edit: Just called my local TH just to make sure before I drove there. They didn't have either the 67 or 77 flex shafts in so it looks like I won't be picking it up. Sorry guys.

Anyone used a TotalONE shaft with a One95 blade? How's the feel & balance of the setup?

I've used this setup since the TotalONE shaft came out. I love it. The feel is good and so is shooting. One95 blades aren't the most durable, but this is by far my favorite combo. I use this over all of my OPS too, I love this setup and highly recommend it.

I've used this setup since the TotalONE shaft came out. I love it. The feel is good and so is shooting. One95 blades aren't the most durable, but this is by far my favorite combo. I use this over all of my OPS too, I love this setup and highly recommend it.

Is there any difference between the shaft/blade combo and the one-piece stick you use? I have and like the one-piece, but the shaft blade combo is less expensive. Have you noticed any difference in actual use?

Is there any difference between the shaft/blade combo and the one-piece stick you use? I have and like the one-piece, but the shaft blade combo is less expensive. Have you noticed any difference in actual use?

Have you ever used a two piece set up before?

If not your better off reading THIS , than me explaining how the two piece t.o is going to feel compared to the ops

Have you ever used a two piece set up before?

If not your better off reading THIS , than me explaining how the two piece t.o is going to feel compared to the ops

Yes, I understand that a shaft/blade combo makes the lower part of the shaft stiffer. I'm guessing that with a mid flex stick that stiffness is less apparent than it would be for a stick that flexes closer to the fuse point. But, guessing is never as good as actually hearing what others have experienced.

Thanks for the link, that thread didn't show up in my search.

how long is the TO int shaft? I know, it is 67 flex but I am wondering if I can get away with getting int shaft and cutting it to give me 80-85 flex. I am not a heavy strong shooter, so, I am hoping it'll work for me. thanks.

EDIT: I got my answer. it's 49 inches. so, if I cut it to 45-46 inches would it give me the desired flex?

how long is the TO int shaft? I know, it is 67 flex but I am wondering if I can get away with getting int shaft and cutting it to give me 80-85 flex. I am not a heavy strong shooter, so, I am hoping it'll work for me. thanks.

EDIT: I got my answer. it's 49 inches. so, if I cut it to 45-46 inches would it give me the desired flex?

----------- 2 in 4in 6in

INT 67 74 Flex 80 Flex 87 Flex

There is a difference between the OPS and 2-piece. I have both in 87 flex and the OPS feels whippier because of the lower kickpoint. I prefer the mid kickpoint of the 2-piece because I feel I can load up my shots more and my shots come off a lot faster too. I have a few T1 OPs and I plan on buying another 2-piece. Again this is just my PP.

Haven't heard anything yet from Pure Hockey, but I'm betting that this shaft isn't happening. Seems that each year there are less and less selections in the shaft category and many manufacturers are simply carrying over old options. Dealers and shops don't have the incentive to carry them much anymore since everyone runs straight to the OPS. Rob said that if the shaft were to happen, it likely wouldn't be until January. It's now May and nothing.

I'm stocking up on my current favorite shaft, but it seems that they're very hard to come by.