Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flyers10

Warrior KGB stick

No Smyth I've seen is a banana, least of all compared to curves like the Draper. I think it was also one of the Kovalchuk pro iterations, so there goes that whole theory.

Thats what he is saying.....imagine telling people that the curve on the Ovechkin is different from the Curve Ovechkin actually uses. Now Imagine, someone comes in and says

"customer: I want a u+ in the ovechkin curve.

Employee: Which one?

customer: The one ovechkin uses...

Employee: Here you go.

Customer: Thats not the one Ovechkin uses....thats a totally different curve...

Employee: Well, actually, you see...."

And you can imagine the confusion and unsatisfied customers...

Zach

Well CCM and Warrior will have my business as I have been gobbling up as many toe curves as possible in any brand, as I never know when another will come around. A bud of mine ordered the OVI curve in the pro stock U + CL pattern from CCM, but he had to buy 12 which came to like $2500. Then he had to try to sell most of them. The only bad part was that the blade is like the old original thin ccm vectors, which is kind of cheap if you ask me. Also the Ovi graphic was just stamped instead of painted like his real sticks. So it is good to see this curve in a more modern carbon blade and in an 85 flex. If Bauer ever decided to come out with this pattern I would try it out too.

i finally got my KGB yesterday and got to try it out last night. i would definately consider it a high end stick as the shaft was great (felt like a dolo) and i got a great feel (for composites) from the blade. my shot was more accurate with the curve and i was shooting harder wrist/snap shots then my previous ops. Although my AK27 shaft with the wood blade i curved myself has more feel, this will be my number one as i like it more overall.

Got my KGB today and played tonight the snap shot was better than with my Kovalchuk Pro. Coming down the wing I let 2 snapshots got from the top of the circle, one short side high and the other over the goalies left shoulder. My first Slapshot was about 6" away from the defenseman's head, I'll have to get used to it. The open toe maked a real difference on my shots. the Kovalchuk Pro is a heavier hard shot, whereas the KGB is a fast releasing bullet.

For all that have the KGB stick and have played with it:

Though HM states the weight of the stick ( 475g ), is it blade heavy like some mid-price point sticks tend to be? I'm skeptic about buying it because I've had bad experiences with those types of sticks( turned my shot into a POS one back in the day ) :(... I really, REALLY, wanna bite on this curve though. Currently, I'm rocking a CCM U CL pro stock in a Ovechkin clone ( lefty ). I love the stick and curve but it's a 100 flex. I don't mind playing with a stiffer flex but I'm more of an 85 flex type of guy ;-\.

Thanks in advance!

I can't speak for the Warrior KGB, but if it is anything like the CCM U+07 Ovi Authentic, you may be dissapointed. I have three Pro stock Brashear ccm u+cl Ovi clones and one custom ccm u+cl Ovi clone LH. The Brashears I believe are just U+ or 10K with Crazy light graphics, and the custom Ovi clone is most likely a Vector 10 with crazy light graphics as the blade construction is of the old Vector 10 he use to use. All 4 feel better than the Ovi Authentic that I was holding and flexing at the local Pro Hockey life. I haven't shot with it yet so I could be jumping the gun. It just seemed to flex to high up in the shaft even though it is supposedly built to have a tapered design. Also the 85 flex feels way different than an Easton 85 flex as I was comparing it to the flex of the EQ50 and SE16 and S19 85's. Also the balance is not that bad. but was nothing compared to the EQ50, but that is to be expected for the price range. However I wouldn't say it is a bad stick, because unlike my Ovi clone that was custom ordered in a 12 pack from ccm by a friend of mine, it does have a full carbon comp blade insteasd of the old Vector 10 blade.

So your probably wondering why I am blathering about the CCM Ovi Authentic, instead of the Warrior. In my opinion both of these sticks will be of similawr quzlity and performance as they cost the same. So for $149.99 for either stick I would try both just in case one hits the spot. Just be careful when buying the ccm as the blades have a pockets of too much resin and folds in the carbon, so sift through them and pick the one with the least amount of flaws in the blade. If anything I would say that the warrior kgb may have the better blade construction out of the two. Hope that helps your decision. I plan to try both.

For all that have the KGB stick and have played with it:

Though HM states the weight of the stick ( 475g ), is it blade heavy like some mid-price point sticks tend to be? I'm skeptic about buying it because I've had bad experiences with those types of sticks( turned my shot into a POS one back in the day ) :(... I really, REALLY, wanna bite on this curve though. Currently, I'm rocking a CCM U CL pro stock in a Ovechkin clone ( lefty ). I love the stick and curve but it's a 100 flex. I don't mind playing with a stiffer flex but I'm more of an 85 flex type of guy ;-\.

Thanks in advance!

I can't speak for the Warrior KGB, but if it is anything like the CCM U+07 Ovi Authentic, you may be dissapointed. I have three Pro stock Brashear ccm u+cl Ovi clones and one custom ccm u+cl Ovi clone LH. The Brashears I believe are just U+ or 10K with Crazy light graphics, and the custom Ovi clone is most likely a Vector 10 with crazy light graphics as the blade construction is of the old Vector 10 he use to use. All 4 feel better than the Ovi Authentic that I was holding and flexing at the local Pro Hockey life. I haven't shot with it yet so I could be jumping the gun. It just seemed to flex to high up in the shaft even though it is supposedly built to have a tapered design. Also the 85 flex feels way different than an Easton 85 flex as I was comparing it to the flex of the EQ50 and SE16 and S19 85's. Also the balance is not that bad. but was nothing compared to the EQ50, but that is to be expected for the price range. However I wouldn't say it is a bad stick, because unlike my Ovi clone that was custom ordered in a 12 pack from ccm by a friend of mine, it does have a full carbon comp blade insteasd of the old Vector 10 blade.

So your probably wondering why I am blathering about the CCM Ovi Authentic, instead of the Warrior. In my opinion both of these sticks will be of similawr quzlity and performance as they cost the same. So for $149.99 for either stick I would try both just in case one hits the spot. Just be careful when buying the ccm as the blades have a pockets of too much resin and folds in the carbon, so sift through them and pick the one with the least amount of flaws in the blade. If anything I would say that the warrior kgb may have the better blade construction out of the two. Hope that helps your decision. I plan to try both.

I have 2 Kovalchuk Pro Stock Dolomites as well as a Afanasenkov Pro Stock Dolomite, and all the shafts feel the same except for the flex of course. The blade on the KGB is the same large checkered weave that Warrior uses. The blade is hot and the shaft has the same pop as my other Dolomite shafts have. All my Dolomites are the first or secon generation black with green and orange graphics. I'm going to get another KGB and some replacement blades as well

is the KGB available in canada?

Not in stores in Canada, but you can get it shipped from the states. I live in Canada and had it shipped from Perani's.

Not in stores in Canada, but you can get it shipped from the states. I live in Canada and had it shipped from Perani's.

nice good to know, hockeymonkey won't shipping warrior last time i tried to order.

Have to deal with any brokerage fees or anything? What was the shipping cost?

Looking for something to replace my yellow mac daddy, draper curve, I believe a Lie 5. Did you guys all order the Ovie curve or something else? If you did, what's the approximate lie on it?

Thanks Zaytser.

I actually have the same stick you do. That being the CCM U+CL, Brashear, Ovi clone. I really like the way it shoots... I can flex that 100 flex no problem, I'd just wish I coulda found the ovi clone pro stock in a 85 flex instead of a 100.

But you were very helpful. I'm gonna have to chew on it for a bit... Seeing that the EQ50 is out, I don't know whether to buy the KGB ( 85 in the kremlin pattern ) so I could get my wish fulfilled, lol, or just get a bad ass top of the line stick. Ohhhh why do I have to be a gear whore!! >=[

Looking for something to replace my yellow mac daddy, draper curve, I believe a Lie 5. Did you guys all order the Ovie curve or something else? If you did, what's the approximate lie on it?

US companies can't ship Warrior across the border.

The Hockey Shop in Vancouver said they should be getting the new Warrior stick line at the end of Oct or beginning of Nov they are thinking.

Just took a few shots with the ccm u+ 07 85 flex at pro hockey life and the stick responded well. Very nice snapshots. I was pleasantly suprised. I then compared it to a Pro stock Modano Warrior Dolo with a Hossa toe curve and they very much equal in terms of performance, but the pro stock dolo construction is better. Hope this helps out people with deciding between warrior and ccm.

The Hockey Shop in Vancouver said they should be getting the new Warrior stick line at the end of Oct or beginning of Nov they are thinking.

Must be possible if Dolom1te had his shipped here....

I had a 25 dollar tax on the product (HST) so in total with shipping and everything it was 200 bucks. it was worth it for me in the end though.

no canadian locations are getting the KGB from my understanding. I asked Miseujeu and he said only Behind The Mask, HockeyMonkey, Total Hockey, and Perani's were getting them.

Must be possible if Dolom1te had his shipped here....

Yes, it is possible for them. i know hockeymonkey isn't allowed, but Perani's was able to. it was just held up in customs for a while. Its around a 2 week wait.

Perani must be the only one because every company i have talked to hasn't been able to, as far as i know Warrior put the restriction on it so they aren't allowed to do it.

They could also be rerouting it through their canadian stores.

Picked one up last week. Gotta get used to slapshots (flyin a bit high) but was able to make some nice saucer passes and couple snapshots in my game Monday. Must be working for me so far; 2 assists in the game.

For those of you who do not know, the Warrior KGB stick has a Kremlin curve, which is a pro Ovechkin clone. Does anybody know if you can just buy a blade with a similar pattern? The stick retails at about $140.00 and thats a little too much for me to spend just to try out a pattern.

For those of you who do not know, the Warrior KGB stick has a Kremlin curve, which is a pro Ovechkin clone. Does anybody know if you can just buy a blade with a similar pattern? The stick retails at about $140.00 and thats a little too much for me to spend just to try out a pattern.

I saw someone posted this link on here a little bit ago: Just pick LH or RH. I'm sure there are others out there too.

Hey bro. Are you LH or RH? Cause www.prostockhockeygear.com has some right handed tapered ccm composite blades with Ovi's pattern in stock I believe. If you are left handed these blades won't be in stock until late December. The site will also offer Easton tapered wood blades and regular wood blades in that pattern late December both LH or RH. Hope that helps you out.